IGNORED

An unprecedented event: would you join this?

listener24

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

3 minutes ago, listener24 said:

Woooow!!!

I can't praise the Lord enough for this revelation you just got!

Just to confirm that it's all about it, let's remember the last request: "deliver us from the Evil One"

When will we be delivered from the Evil One?

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats."

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown."

And then of course Luke 18: 1-8....

I am also thankful to the Lord that not only you understood this, but you understood that it is a BIG DEAL!

Our understanding is so important, otherwise our prayers become "vain repetition".

So if we pray the Lord prayer to just get worldly things, we are basically asking the opposite of what the prayer teaches...Then we become similar to those described in Matthew 22:1-14.

I know you put a lot of importance on understanding, as your name "Fidei Defensor" says :)

Great Scripture references to drive the point home. 

Part of “deliever is from evil one,” has happened, “Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had[g] the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.” (Hebrews 12:14-15). This is exemplified in the believers life in Revelation, “

10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,

“It has come at last—
    salvation and power
and the Kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.[a]
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters[b]
    has been thrown down to earth—
the one who accuses them
    before our God day and night.
11 And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb
    and by their testimony.
And they did not love their lives so much
    that they were afraid to die.” (Revelation 12:10-11). 

However, like you said the totality of this won’t happen until the evil one is utterly destroyed (Revelation 20:10) and until then He pours out his wrath against us (Revelation 12:10) but we overcome him with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony (Revelation 12:11). 

• Brilliant! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/5/2018 at 10:16 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Great Scripture references to drive the point home. 

Part of “deliever is from evil one,” has happened, “Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had[g] the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.” (Hebrews 12:14-15). This is exemplified in the believers life in Revelation, “

10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,

“It has come at last—
    salvation and power
and the Kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.[a]
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters[b]
    has been thrown down to earth—
the one who accuses them
    before our God day and night.
11 And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb
    and by their testimony.
And they did not love their lives so much
    that they were afraid to die.” (Revelation 12:10-11). 

However, like you said the totality of this won’t happen until the evil one is utterly destroyed (Revelation 20:10) and until then He pours out his wrath against us (Revelation 12:10) but we overcome him with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony (Revelation 12:11). 

Very well said.

Part of that started from Jesus pouring the Spirit through His Word and from the Cross.

He has done His part.

The Bridegroom is ready.

But the Bride is being slow... (as usually brides are :) )

It's time for her to get ready.

And one sign of readiness, will be her cry: "Thy Kingdom come, Come quickly Lord!"

Edited by listener24

2 minutes ago, listener24 said:

Very well said.

Part of that started from Jesus pouring the Spirit through His Word and on the Cross.

He has done His part.

The Bridegroom is ready.

But the Bride is being slow... (as usually brides are :) )

It's time for her to get ready.

And one sign of readiness, will be her cry: "Thy Kingdom come, Come quickly Lord!"

That raises a very interesting part of Revelation, “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is he who stays awake and who keeps his clothes [that is, stays spiritually ready for the Lord’s return], so that he will not be naked—spiritually unprepared—and men will not see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15, AMP). Could this passage be directed to the Bride, to cloth herself for the wedding Supper? (Revelation 19:6-9) as well as a call to the Bride to pray come?, “The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.” (Revelation 22:17). 

• This is Worthy 1

On 8/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

That raises a very interesting part of Revelation, “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is he who stays awake and who keeps his clothes [that is, stays spiritually ready for the Lord’s return], so that he will not be naked—spiritually unprepared—and men will not see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15, AMP). Could this passage be directed to the Bride, to cloth herself for the wedding Supper? (Revelation 19:6-9) as well as a call to the Bride to pray come?, “The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.” (Revelation 22:17). 

Such a great point!
It's exactly that way.

As the first question in the thread, I'd like to renew the question to everyone. Are we joining this, what's reported by @Fidei Defensor from Revelation? What are we praying for? What are we teaching to pray for to the other Christian? Are we following the suggestions from Matthew 6, or are we praying like pagans?

Are we praying for the Bridegroom to come, or are we praying for our worldly issues?

Do we desire the Bridegroom, or do we desire Him to fix some little things here and there while we are far from Him?

Edited by listener24

1 hour ago, listener24 said:

Such a great point!
It's exactly that way.

As the first question in the thread, I'd like to renew the question to everyone. Are we joining this, what's reported by @Fidei Defensor from Revelation? What are we praying for? What are we teaching to pray for to the other Christian? Are we following the suggestions from Matthew 6, or are we praying like pagans?

Are we praying for the Bridegroom to come, or are we praying for our worldly issues?

Do we desire the Bridegroom, or do we desire Him to fix some little things here and there while we are far from Him?

That is a astute question. So many people who claim to want Christ to come on clouds end up saying “well, not yet, my kids haven’t graduated from college or I am in for promotion or I am getting married”: sounds like the ones Jesus spoke of, “Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’ But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them.l,” (Matthew 22:4-6), and, “At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.' Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.' Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.” (Like 14:17-20). Granted Jesus said these prables to the Pharisees and the ones who where His own but did not receive Him (John 1:1-9) but I fear people are hardening like the Pharisees in churches and that they will respond the same way. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

At 8:00 PM every night myself and a rather large group of people are praying for both the safety and guidance for our president along with Gods leading and grace for our Nation....    We set permanent alarms in our smart phones to remind us that it is 8:00 so we can all pray together at the same time....

I would invite any of you to join us.

The rest of the time we ask for help for different people and just chat about everything all day long.    Back when I was working I asked for help fixing printers and occasionally asked him to fix them himself when I just couldn't find intermittent problems...…   on more than one occasion he did so.

Praying should be a constant thing you do between yourself and the Lord all day long concerning everything you think/do/need and occasionally want.....   if you put yourself in the position of helping others then those prayers are for the help for brothers and sisters in Christ and others to find who Jesus is and let him into their lives.

Nothing is too large to bring to him and nothin also is too small.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

That is a astute question. So many people who claim to want Christ to come on clouds end up saying “well, not yet, my kids haven’t graduated from college or I am in for promotion or I am getting married”: sounds like the ones Jesus spoke of, “Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’ But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them.l,” (Matthew 22:4-6), and, “At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.' But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.' Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.' Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.” (Like 14:17-20). Granted Jesus said these prables to the Pharisees and the ones who where His own but did not receive Him (John 1:1-9) but I fear people are hardening like the Pharisees in churches and that they will respond the same way. 

Wow, I agree. I've heard myself so many people speaking exactly as you described. "yes, one day, but as late as possible, I first have my projects to fulfill". Or something on those line.

So the answer seems often exactly like in the parable that you quoted, which is not surprising since the Gospel is True today as it was 2000 years ago...

• Thumbs Up 2

I was just thinking about the “unprecedented event,” and the realization that when we pray in the Pater Noster, “Thy Kingdom Come,” we are actually praying, “The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.” (Revelation 22:17) and, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20). I realized that in a commitment to pray this we are actually ushering forth the last trumpet and are trumpeters of sorts!, “it will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed,” (1 Corinthians 15:52), and We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died.[g] 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died[h] will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18). 

When we pray “Thy Kingdom come,” and “come Lord Jesus,” we are calling for the trumpets to blow and eventually the last trumpet when Christ will descend on the clouds! 

@listener24 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Loved it! 1

On 8/20/2018 at 11:50 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

I was just thinking about the “unprecedented event,” and the realization that when we pray in the Pater Noster, “Thy Kingdom Come,” we are actually praying, “The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.” (Revelation 22:17) and, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20). I realized that in a commitment to pray this we are actually ushering forth the last trumpet and are trumpeters of sorts!, “it will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed,” (1 Corinthians 15:52), and We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died.[g] 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died[h] will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18). 

When we pray “Thy Kingdom come,” and “come Lord Jesus,” we are calling for the trumpets to blow and eventually the last trumpet when Christ will descend on the clouds! 

@listener24 

This is such an awesome and encouraging realization!

How glorious will be, for those who would be alive at the last trumpet call, being part of that with their holy prayer "come!".

That is exactly what we are doing, and part of what Peter described as "hastening the Return of the Lord". (2 Peter 3:12)

So many people just tried to "guess" dates, that's not Scriptural.

Instead, it's time to get Scriptural and become part of the "hasteners" :)

Let's prepare the way for the Lord again!

Edited by listener24

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/22/1949

I will happily join those who are eagerly awaiting and praying for the soon return and appearing of our Lord Jesus, "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:8. Much of the church, and of course the world, could care less about our Lords return because they love this world and the things that are in this world. The Lord said that the way to life was narrow and that where our treasure is, there our heart will be also. It's a joy to look up if our treasure is in heaven.

Edited by george747
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1