IGNORED

An unprecedented event: would you join this?

listener24

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, listener24 said:

@Tigger56 This is a great answer that touches many points, all worth reasoning on.

This is true!

Some may argue that "God changes not" means that prayer are irrelevant. But this point wouldn't be Biblical at all.

From the very beginning to the end God listen to prayers, and hasten or delay things based on prayers.

So it is true that the Lord changes not: He has always been listening to prayers and taken them into account for His decision, and He will always be, He will never change this trait of using prayers. He is the God who said: "ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you".

This is a great point to keep in mind.

Maybe if we have a very comfortable life, in a safe country, from our couch we may think that the Return of the Lord is something to fear.

But if we keep in mind all the infants suffering, all the Christians persecuted, all the poors oppressed, then we'll realize that the Return of the King is the greatest mercy.

True.

We are not to just pray "Maranatha, come quickly Lord" by ourself alone.

It is still fundamental to spread the Gospel in the whole world as a testimony to all nations. So for example we should pray the Lord to send workers to harvest His field.

The prayer Maranatha, Thy Kingdom Come, Come quickly Lord should be the burning desire out of which every other prayer burns.

This is so true!

And He is indeed speaking mightly about this in these last day.

He is making the prophecy happening: "the Spirit and the Bride say Come".

For centuries this prayer was lost, except for some remnants, and now is being restored on a global scale. All out of His will.

We can take part of His work of Restoration.

Amen! Amazing and encouraging thoughts.

Woah!! What a great example from Daniel! I'm very inspired by this.

Given all of these considerations, I believe it's safe to state that everyone who join this prayer with their hearts and will, make an important difference. @Tigger56 would you agree?

I'm very inspired by the whole answer, thanks!

I do agree. Prayer is powerful, united prayer even more so.

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 4/19/2019 at 6:23 AM, Tigger56 said:

I do agree. Prayer is powerful, united prayer even more so.

Well said my friend.

So if prayer is powerful and united prayer even more, how can we get the whole body of Christ to pray "Maranatha, speed up you coming Lord"? :)

• Loved it! 1

13 hours ago, listener24 said:

Well said my friend.

So if prayer is powerful and united prayer even more, how can we get the whole body of Christ to pray "Maranatha, speed up you coming Lord"? :)

A number of years ago I was on a spiritual journey and I met two ministers in a coffee shop in Tennessee. They were excited about my spiritual journey and wanted me to explain it to them. While talking together we discussed revival and being spiritual on fire, etc... One man was a pastor of a church in the town and he stated that he would love to get his church to be filled with spiritual zeal. He said his congregation was simply "treading water" and he felt almost insignificant as their pastor since he couldn't get them moving from where they were. My father was traveling with me. I remember him telling this man that revival had to begin within the individual's heart. He told him that it is impossible for a man to get his congregation to be spiritually on fire that it would take God's holy spirit moving in them. He told them that the Lord would stir hearts as we draw closer to his return. I believe in a mighty revival that will happen in this world. I believe the Lord will move in people's hearts and minds to bring them to unified prayer, unified purpose with a unified calling. My friend at this point you need to pray for the unity of spirit within God's people, then and only then will there be a unified desire joined in united prayer. Then there will be a unified desire for the quick return of our Lord. I hope this doesn't discourage you but as men, we must pray and seek. Continue knocking on the door and wait upon the Lord to move.

• Loved it! 1

• 3 months later...

On 4/29/2019 at 6:15 AM, Tigger56 said:

I believe the Lord will move in people's hearts and minds to bring them to unified prayer, unified purpose with a unified calling. My friend at this point you need to pray for the unity of spirit within God's people, then and only then will there be a unified desire joined in united prayer. Then there will be a unified desire for the quick return of our Lord. I hope this doesn't discourage you but as men, we must pray and seek. Continue knocking on the door and wait upon the Lord to move.

Brother, this is a great answer! (sorry for the late reply)

I believe this as well, only the Lord can stir and renew our hearts and He is doing incredible things all around the world.

I am actually very encouraged, and as I keep praying for His return I'm seeing amazing things happening in His global Church.

He is reminding on a global scale that the main prayers He has taught us are "Maranatha", "come quickly Lord", "your Kingdom come".

He is also reminding that He is a responsive God (Luke 18:1-8) and that these prayers, in addition to the obedience to the Great Commission, really have a role in speeding His coming.

He is doing so by the power of the Spirit and also through the people who is raising. So in addition to praying, I think we can also talk about this beautiful prayer with our fellow Christians, who haven't joined this prayer yet. What do you think?

7 hours ago, listener24 said:

Brother, this is a great answer! (sorry for the late reply)

I believe this as well, only the Lord can stir and renew our hearts and He is doing incredible things all around the world.

I am actually very encouraged, and as I keep praying for His return I'm seeing amazing things happening in His global Church.

He is reminding on a global scale that the main prayers He has taught us are "Maranatha", "come quickly Lord", "your Kingdom come".

He is also reminding that He is a responsive God (Luke 18:1-8) and that these prayers, in addition to the obedience to the Great Commission, really have a role in speeding His coming.

He is doing so by the power of the Spirit and also through the people who is raising. So in addition to praying, I think we can also talk about this beautiful prayer with our fellow Christians, who haven't joined this prayer yet. What do you think?

Enthusiasm for the Lord and a desire for his return is a good thing to share. We are in a world of great darkness and there is great sorrow. This world needs the return of our Savior. I pray this and know this. I also pray for a harvest of mercy, a great revival to occur prior to His return for I desire many to be saved.

• Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/26/2019 at 5:08 AM, Tigger56 said:

Enthusiasm for the Lord and a desire for his return is a good thing to share. We are in a world of great darkness and there is great sorrow. This world needs the return of our Savior. I pray this and know this. I also pray for a harvest of mercy, a great revival to occur prior to His return for I desire many to be saved.

Amen @Tigger56!

Indeed, when we pray "come Lord Jesus", we are also praying for a great harvest and revival.

The Lord will do everything needed to prepare His Return, including the revival. Indeed, to send workers into His fields is one of the very few prayers taught by Jesus.

I was thinking at an idea to have more people joining the prayer that the Bible teaches for His Return. Maybe if we start greeting our siblings with "Maranatha" (as the first Christians were doing), or if we just ask them "do you know what maranatha means?", and then proceed to explain it to those who are curious, we will have more people obeying the command of speeding His return, and less people praying for just worldly things.

Also if we start praying it more often, Christians around us will get more curious. Maybe it is as simple as to lead by example! What do you think? Other suggestions?

Edited by listener24

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I was invited to comment, so I will.

I don't think my thoughts are much different than others that have been expressed here, but one never knows for sure just how the Lord may be working.

Folks who know their bibles are aware that there is a place for importunity in prayer. I think the Lord honors these prayers of the heart and yet we don't and can't fully realize their import as it relates to His will and His Working. We all seek to be aligned both in desire (will) and practical outworking with our Lord's will. Do we not?

We were placed 'In Christ' and Christ was placed 'in us'. There is no doing of anything in and from our selves. The Father's entire focus is on Christ the Son.

His work continues just as Luke taught us. He works through His Church and individuals. Our work is of no use to Him. It is Christ at work in and through us that is of Heavenly value.

I say those things because, for me, all Truth and controversies need to square up with the fundamentals as opposed to designing a thought and then using scripture to bolster said thought. This is to be looked at as a positive declaration and not a negative one. Please don't think I mean otherwise. I am not referring to the request of the original poster. I am only articulating how I habitually look at things.

Other than the 'importunity' mentioned above that our Lord put His stamp of approval on, I think that prayer is essentially 'agreeing with God'.

Those prayers that have their origin from the Holy Spirit are God agreeing with God and that amazingly is accomplished through us vessels.

You all know when your hearts cry out to Him when in a state of mind of worship and adoration (and more), that there is a certain sense of harmony of desire and purpose---when this is happening, you are aware that something very different is going on. Different in kind and essence than casual conversation.

So getting to the point after walking around the barn for a while: :-)

When we 'hasten' His coming and the establishment of His Kingdom on earth and all the stuff that goes along, we are in essence co-workers with our Father. Agreeing with Him and His Plan.

The Spirit within us cries out to God. If we believe these things are true, how is it so important that we agree as to whether or not our prayer and assent are dynamic to affect a change in the timeline, when we are in agreement with Him?

The Lord clearly instructs us to yearn for and ask for His return.

"They Kingdom come and thy will be done"

"Nevertheless, thy will be done".

1Cor. 3:9 For we are God’s afellow workers; you are God’s 1bfield, God’s cbuilding.

2Cor. 6:1   And aworking together with Him, bwe also urge you not to receive cthe grace of God in vain —

2Pet. 3:12 alooking for and hastening the coming of the day of God,