IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Thank you, Shiloh, yes I have a different viewpoint,

and you are here to talk about animal sacrifices, but you are not interested to hear another's view.

I am interested in the views of fellow believers.  I am not interested in your views because you have proven in the past that you are not one of us.   So, you don't have the Holy Spirit and are not really competent to discuss spiritual matters.   As such, you don't deserve a seat at this table and your views have no inherent value.

Some people have been adamant about this too me.

It doesn't effect me, because I neither kill nor murder.

We are adamant about it because the Hebrew word for "kill" in  the ten commandments is the specifically the word for "murder."  If we were being commanded not to kill, then we would not be able to kill animals for food.   And the Bible allows man to kill animals for food.   Your silly, nonsensical approach to the Bible makes God contradict Himself and that is simply not the case.  Again, this only highlights why no one should take your views seriously.

You may not have, but many came to me to fault the law, 
and tried to convince me that it is a curse, and death.

I am not really interested in what anyone else says.  I am simply coming against your point that Jesus criticized the Pharisees about keeping the law, or that the Bible condemns the law, which it doesn't.   What the Bible condemns is using the law as a system of works-based righteousness in order to gain favor and right-standing with God.   The purpose of the law is to expose sin, not make us right with God.  

OK, then,
maybe you can show us some scripture that show us when Jesus was offering up the daily bullock.

He didn't.  Jesus was not a Levite.  Only Levites offered the daily sacrifices.

That's why I am here, Shiloh,
so that the perfect like yourself can correct me.

No, that is not why you are here.   You are here to spread false teaching and gain followers to your cult.

Yes, they turned God's house in a den of thieves,
but I don't think it was the currency exchange rate, that was on Jesus' mind.

Actually that is exactly why Jesus said that.  They were thieves.  Thieves steal things.   They were stealing money from unsuspecting pilgrims who had come to the temple to purchase their lamb the Passover.

Else Jesus would have just said,
Here, I will give you the fair price, now give this ram to the priests for me.
Wouldn't He?

No, He wouldn't and He didn't.   He drove the wicked money changers out of the temple.

Fact is, the only benefit from all the animal sacrifice was,
a few were getting rich of the gullibility of the many.

No, you don't really understand the story.  It was passover and they were doing what God commanded and the money changers took advantage of foreigners who were not familiar with what the proper rate of exchange was supposed to be.

And they too swept Jeremiah's saying aside

You clearly don't understand Jeremiah.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Jesus

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Matthew 25:41 (New International Version)

Tells It Like It Is

And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ Mark 9:47-48 (English Standard Version)

Always To Suit His Love Of Truth

"Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind." Isaiah 66:24 (New American Standard Bible)

And (IMO) To Warn Sinners Of The Coming Wrath Of God

But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. ‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’

But the man was speechless.

Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

For many are called, but few are chosen.” Matthew 22:11-14 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

An honest Bible scholar taking those texts literally would admit that none of them state explicitly that anyone is tormented forever. They would perhaps say eternal torment is implied...but to take an implied subjective reasoning to scripture and claim it as literalism is the way to error on many fronts...not just in this instance.

• Praying! 2

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

An honest Bible scholar taking those texts literally would admit that none of them state explicitly that anyone is tormented forever. They would perhaps say eternal torment is implied...but to take an implied subjective reasoning to scripture and claim it as literalism is the way to error on many fronts...not just in this instance.

That's how liberals and unbelievers minimize the consequences of rejecting Jesus.

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That's how liberals and unbelievers minimize the consequences of rejecting Jesus.

What nonsense. Just because someone disagrees with your error doesn't mean you need to insult them by filing them in a box that you believe will incite some form of group bigotry against them. For the record I am neither liberal nor an unbeliever. I am simply somebody who knows and understands the God of the Bible well enough to appreciate and agree with His purposes in expunging forever every last vestige of sin from the universe. And if anyone does not distance himself from that Sinn he will be destroyed along with that which he cherishes.

• Praying! 1

15 minutes ago, brakelite said:

What nonsense. Just because someone disagrees with your error doesn't mean you need to insult them by filing them in a box that you believe will incite some form of group bigotry against them. For the record I am neither liberal nor an unbeliever. I am simply somebody who knows and understands the God of the Bible well enough to appreciate and agree with His purposes in expunging forever every last vestige of sin from the universe. And if anyone does not distance himself from that Sinn he will be destroyed along with that which he cherishes.

And it is His literal word that declares that.

If the reward for those who do accept the gospel is eternal life (John 3:16,36; Rom. 6:23) and no churches deny this, why do those same churches insist that the wicked also receive eternal life, which is denied by the very same scriptures?(John 3:16,36; Rom. 6:23)

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am interested in the views of fellow believers.  I am not interested in your views because you have proven in the past that you are not one of us.   So, you don't have the Holy Spirit and are not really competent to discuss spiritual matters.   As such, you don't deserve a seat at this table and your views have no inherent value

Thank you, Shiloh, for your judgment.
And praise our Lord Jesus.

If I am not one of you, maybe it is because I am the "restored Israel".
I forsake not the Levite that is within (God does say not to.)
And I offer up bullocks and rams upon the Lord's altar (as God says to).

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

We are adamant about it because the Hebrew word for "kill" in  the ten commandments is the specifically the word for "murder."  If we were being commanded not to kill, then we would not be able to kill animals for food.   And the Bible allows man to kill animals for food.   Your silly, nonsensical approach to the Bible makes God contradict Himself and that is simply not the case.  Again, this only highlights why no one should take your views seriously

Thank you for offering me this bullock a second time.

But as I said earlier, doesn't effect me for I neither murder nor kill.
Beside that, it is a diversion off topic. 

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not really interested in what anyone else says.  I am simply coming against your point that Jesus criticized the Pharisees about keeping the law, or that the Bible condemns the law, which it doesn't.  

Jesus criticized the Pharisees for omitting the weightier matters of the law.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law,
judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23:23

What the Bible condemns is using the law as a system of works-based righteousness in order to gain favor and right-standing with God.   The purpose of the law is to expose sin, not make us right with God.

And this is the condemnation,
that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light,
because their deeds were evil.

John 3:19

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

He didn't.  Jesus was not a Levite.  Only Levites offered the daily sacrifices.

Jesus kept the law didn't He?
So, He would have kept this commandment too.

Take heed in the plague of leprosy, that thou observe diligently, and do according to all that the priests the Levites shall teach you:
as I commanded them, so ye shall observe to do.

Deuteronomy 24:8

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not why you are here.   You are here to spread false teaching and gain followers to your cult.

The priests of God are whosoever are learning and teaching about God.
As brothers in Christ we share the oil we have been given.

I have no cult. I come in the name of the Lord.

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually that is exactly why Jesus said that.  They were thieves.  Thieves steal things.   They were stealing money from unsuspecting pilgrims who had come to the temple to purchase their lamb the Passover.

But, if as you say, that is what the law says to do,
then by driving away the thieves and letting their animals free
Jesus would also have prevented the pilgrims from performing the law on their holy day.

But of course, Jesus prevented nothing of the sort.

24 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, He wouldn't and He didn't.   He drove the wicked money changers out of the temple.

I know He wouldn't and didn't. Because the law doesn't demand of us to offer up livestock.
But according to you, Jesus should have.
Because Jesus kept the law, and you say the law says to offer a ram or two.

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you don't really understand the story.  It was passover and they were doing what God commanded and the money changers took advantage of foreigners who were not familiar with what the proper rate of exchange was supposed to be

"The story" still says to offer up lambs on Passover,
which you interpret that the gullible pilgrims were doing right, and the priests were doing right,
only the men who were selling the beasts were ripping off.

You haven't explained why Jesus also drove the animals away, if they were required for the passover,
and why He didn't sacrifice one or two Himself, to be keeping the law.

31 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You clearly don't understand Jeremiah.

It isn't an hard saying.

For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, 
concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

Jeremiah 7:22

Maybe you can offer up your interpretation, if you understand so clearly.

Bless Jesus :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.
For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are Mine.
If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is Mine, and the fullness thereof.
Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me.

Psalm 50:9-15

• Praying! 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, brakelite said:

You are using the same arguments liberals and unbelievers use...   So I call it as I see it.  You decided to pick a fight with me and derail the thread just to have something to attack me over, since you can't actually refute what I said about sacrifices in the Millennium.   It was really nothing but a cheap shot at me.   I suggest you stop trying pick fights and be an adult and address the issues raised in the OP.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, brakelite said:

If the reward for those who do accept the gospel is eternal life (John 3:16,36; Rom. 6:23) and no churches deny this, why do those same churches insist that the wicked also receive eternal life, which is denied by the very same scriptures?(John 3:16,36; Rom. 6:23)

You are confusing "eternal life" with living forever.   You clearly don't understand the difference.  Eternal life is a person, namely Jesus.  It is His life in us, which has neither beginning, or end.   Living forever isn't eternal life; it is simply a forever existence.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, brakelite said:

An honest Bible scholar taking those texts literally would admit....
that none of them state explicitly that anyone is tormented forever....

They would perhaps....
say eternal torment is implied....

but to take an implied subjective reasoning to scripture and claim it as literalism....
is the way to error on many fronts....
not just in this instance....

Pontifications Aside

"Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind." Isaiah 66:24 (New American Standard Bible)

Beloved, It Is What It Is

And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ Mark 9:47-48 (English Standard Version)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, brakelite said:

And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them. And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Revelation 20:9-10 (Berean Study Bible)

"I can guarantee this truth: A time is coming (and is now here) when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who respond to it will live. The Father is the source of life, and he has enabled the Son to be the source of life too. "He has also given the Son authority to pass judgment because he is the Son of Man. Don't be surprised at what I've just said. A time is coming when all the dead will hear his voice,

and they will come out of their tombs. Those who have done good will come back to life and live. But those who have done evil will come back to life and will be judged. John 5:25-29 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

• Thumbs Up 1