IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

Thank you, Shiloh,

but I have listened, and all you have said is, I was wrong, and not saved.

50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you have to be saved to understand them, and you don't understand them.

Okay, I should give up trying to understand then, and wait for the grace of God to save me.

52 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Those Jews who are of Levitical linage are Levites and will serve as Levites in the millennium.  No one is going to "become" a Levite.

54 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

There is no such thing as a "restored" Levite.

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

They don't exist, so I will not say anything to them.

I did read the passages, Shiloh.
Maybe you think I didn't read this thread, or the scripture.

"every one that keeps the sabbath from polluting it, and takes hold of My covenant;" Isa 56:6

"the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord GOD." Ez 43:27

And the Levites that are gone away far from me, when Israel went astray...
...they shall not come near unto Me, to do the office of a priest unto Me..." Ez 44:10 & 13

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I explained why Jesus drove out the money changers.  I also stated that the lambs in the temple were for the Passover and they will would be killed on that day, as commanded by God.

But Jesus drove the sheep and the oxen away (Jn 2:15), so they got away that day.

No, you are wrong.  Animal sacrifice was commanded by God.  The verses you are quoting don't deny animal sacrifice.  They explain the spiritual reality that the sacrifices illustrate.   But you have no understanding about the difference between interpretation and application and don't know how to handle Scripture.

No, the sacrificial system of ancient Israel was commanded by God.  He lays out how the animals are to be killed and cut up and bled, in some cases eaten and so on.   So to say that they were ona carnal tangent is simply false.   You don't really understand the law you claim to keep.

I may not be as "saved" as you, but I do have a reasonable command of the English language.

Jeremiah does say the Lord didn't speak about animals sacrifices in Moses' day.
And David does say the Lord won't take our bullocks, or the goats in our folds,
and that the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. 

I appreciate you wanting me to be saved and all,
but for me this is an important matter to be clear about.
Our salvation may even depend upon us getting this right.

If you do know how to handle the scripture, then maybe you are the person to teach me.
So far, you have only said nay, to the scriptures I've shown.

Even so, praise Jesus.
Paul

Thou hast not brought Me the small cattle of thy burnt offerings;
neither hast thou honoured Me with thy sacrifices.
I have not caused thee to serve with an offering,
nor wearied thee with incense.

Isaiah 43:23

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

For anyone on this thread to say that there will be animal or any other sacrifices,is to say that Christ did not complete what He died for........What a shame

Hebrews 10:10 "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep following those fake Jew's(kenites) over in that nation state of Israel....

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, n2thelight said:

For anyone on this thread to say that there will be animal or any other sacrifices,is to say that Christ did not complete what He died for........What a shame

Hebrews 10:10 "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

Which shows you don't understand what the sacrifices were for.

21 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Which shows you don't understand what the sacrifices were for.

I know for a fact we won't need any other,which shows you don't understand once and for ALL........

If you know something I don't,please share,isn't that what Christians suppose to do?

Edited by n2thelight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

I know for a fact we won't need any other,which shows you don't understand once and for ALL........

If you know something I don't,please share,isn't that what Christians suppose to do?

"Once for all" refers to the sin offering, namely the Yom Kippur sin offering.   That sacrifice is not included in sacrifices during the millennium.   There are no expiatory sin offerings during the millennium.  

The sin offerings in the millennium are used to consecrate, not to atone for sin.  That's why you have "atonement"  being made for in animate objects like an altar.

The sacrifices in both the Mosaic system and the Melchi-Tzedek system are memorial in nature.  That's all the sacrifices really ever were.   And even in the OT, the "atonement" provided only covered sins that were committed that were committed before the sin offerings were offered.  If you sinned 5 minutes after the sin offering, you were back to square one.

During the Millennium, the sacrifices will simply point back to the cross and will also serve as a means of worship.  No one's sins are being atoned for during the millennium through animal sacrifices.

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

"Once for all" refers to the sin offering, namely the Yom Kippur sin offering.   That sacrifice is not included in sacrifices during the millennium.   There are no expiatory sin offerings during the millennium.  

The sin offerings in the millennium are used to consecrate, not to atone for sin.  That's why you have "atonement"  being made for in animate objects like an altar.

The sacrifices in both the Mosaic system and the Melchi-Tzedek system are memorial in nature.  That's all the sacrifices really ever were.   And even in the OT, the "atonement" provided only covered sins that were committed that were committed before the sin offerings were offered.  If you sinned 5 minutes after the sin offering, you were back to square one.

During the Millennium, the sacrifices will simply point back to the cross and will also serve as a means of worship.  No one's sins are being atoned for during the millennium through animal sacrifices.

Thanks,but isn't that saying Christ was not enough?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

Thanks,but isn't that saying Christ was not enough?

Only if the sacrifices were a means of salvation.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

Thank you, n2thelight.

I'm glad someone else sees my point.

I think those passages in the prophets are speaking of the resurrection in Jesus.
We are supposed to be the restored children of God,
keeping the law through faith in Christ, and not as a carnal commandment.

41 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The sacrifices in both the Mosaic system and the Melchi-Tzedek system are memorial in nature.  That's all the sacrifices really ever were.

Thank you, Shiloh.

God's law contains three types of sacrifices.
Sin offerings, peace offerings, and thanksgiving offerings.
Their names already tell us their purpose.

We are praying to ask God for forgiveness, and atone us for our sins,
or we are making our peace with God,
or we are thanking Him for all His blessing, and for life.

And the priest shall burn the memorial of it (Lev 2:2)
the priest shall take from the meat offering a memorial thereof, and shall burn it upon the altar (Lev 2:9)

45 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And even in the OT, the "atonement" provided only covered sins that were committed that were committed before the sin offerings were offered.  If you sinned 5 minutes after the sin offering, you were back to square one.

I believe, that even in the Old Testament times, if God forgave you, you were forgiven.

And that if we sin today, we are back to square one, as you put it.
It still applies, if we transgress one point in the law, we transgress it all.

After all, how could I or anyone not be saved, if no one can anymore sin?
Or if our sins aren't counted against us anymore. Whatever it is you are trying to say.

53 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So, while the restored children of God of the future are watching their priest slit the throats of animals,
it will cause them to remember Jesus hanging on the cross?
The bleating sheep or goat will be pointing back to Jesus?
But remembering Jesus died for them on the cross will not atone them for their sins?

But in the olden days, the Jews were being reminded of the future, and of their Messiah slain. 
Since it is harder to remember the future, is that why God's atonement was only temporary back then?

I mean. can you tell us how an animal sacrifice points?
Or serves as a means of worship?

I don't believe Jesus was just our sacrificial beast.
I believe He is our Lord and Saviour.
He is whom we must pray to.
His altar is where we are supposed to bring our broken spirits.

But I am not saved, so what would I know?

Even so, I praise His glorious name :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

And in controversy they shall stand in judgment;
and they shall judge it according to My judgments:
and they shall keep My laws and My statutes in all Mine assemblies;
and they shall hallow My sabbaths.

Ezekiel 44:24

Here is the patience of the saints:
here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12

'Scuse all the questions, but Angels said I should ask questions.
And whoso asks receives.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Thank you, n2thelight.

I'm glad someone else sees my point.

Just because someone else joins you in your error doesn't give you any credibility.

I think those passages in the prophets are speaking of the resurrection in Jesus.
We are supposed to be the restored children of God,
keeping the law through faith in Christ, and not as a carnal commandment.

That doesn't mean that God did not originally command literal sacrifices.  He gave specific instructions in Leviticus for physical sacrifices.   You are trying to spiritualize those commandments without warrant. 

God's law contains three types of sacrifices.
Sin offerings, peace offerings, and thanksgiving offerings.
Their names already tell us their purpose.

No, it contains five types of sacrifices:  Sin offerings, trespass offering, peace offerings, burnt offerings and thanksgiving offerings.

We are praying to ask God for forgiveness, and atone us for our sins,
or we are making our peace with God,
or we are thanking Him for all His blessing, and for life.

And the priest shall burn the memorial of it (Lev 2:2)
the priest shall take from the meat offering a memorial thereof, and shall burn it upon the altar (Lev 2:9)

All of that was done when Jesus went to the cross.   I don't make peace with God.   Jesus made peace on my behalf.  He is our Great High Priest and He is the one who is making intercession for us.  

I believe, that even in the Old Testament times, if God forgave you, you were forgiven.

You were only forgiven for sins in the past, not for sins in the future. 

And that if we sin today, we are back to square one, as you put it.
It still applies, if we transgress one point in the law, we transgress it all.

But that does not apply to believers.  We are saved, sealed and secure.  Jesus paid the penalty for all of our sins, past, present and future. 

After all, how could I or anyone not be saved, if no one can anymore sin?
Or if our sins aren't counted against us anymore. Whatever it is you are trying to say.

I don't have to worry about that.  It's not that we don't sin, but for those who are saved, our sins are paid for.  We don't suffer the judgment of God for when we do sin and we don't have to go back and get re-saved over and over and over.   Jesus paid it all.  And we who are saved, are transformed and are not living in sin.  We may stumble from time to time, but we stand forgiven. 

If YOU want to live in a scenario where you have to go back and get re-saved every time you sin, that's up to you.  But I am not going to join you in the muck and mire of that.   If you want to trust in your works and your personal goodness, if you think salvation is something to earn or that you have to keep yourself saved, good luck with that.   I will just trust in Jesus and stay saved on His merits, not my own.

So, while the restored children of God of the future are watching their priest slit the throats of animals,
it will cause them to remember Jesus hanging on the cross?
The bleating sheep or goat will be pointing back to Jesus?
But remembering Jesus died for them on the cross will not atone them for their sins?

The sacrificial system in the millennial will be a reminder not only of what Jesus has done, but will be a testimony to the unbelieving children of those believers who got saved during the Tribulation and survived the Tribulation and came into millennium.   It will speak to them of Jesus' sacrifice and point them to Jesus for salvation.  Sadly, many of them will reject that testimony, even though Jesus will be reigning on earth and they will not be able to deny His existence.  

But in the olden days, the Jews were being reminded of the future, and of their Messiah slain. 
Since it is harder to remember the future, is that why God's atonement was only temporary back then?

In ancient Israel a memorial pointed back and forward at the same time.   In those days, the sacrifices reminded them of their sins, but pointed forward to the cross.   

I mean. can you tell us how an animal sacrifice points?
Or serves as a means of worship?

The Burnt offering was, for example, the premier example of worship.   In those days, "worship" was defined as taking the best of your heard and giving it as a whole burnt offering to the Lord.  It was voluntary, but it was an act of worship.   Worship is about obedience, and 100% submission and consecration to the Lord, which is what a burnt offering symbolized.  

I don't believe Jesus was just our sacrificial beast.
I believe He is our Lord and Saviour.
He is whom we must pray to.
His altar is where we are supposed to bring our broken spirits.

But I am not saved, so what would I know?

Jesus was our sacrifice, and He is our Lord and Savior.   Even unsaved people can regurgitate Christian lingo.   And false teachers mix just enough truth with error to make the error look plausible.