IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, n2thelight said:

During the Millennium, the sacrifices will simply point back to the cross and will also serve as a means of worship.  No one's sins are being atoned for during the millennium through animal sacrifices.

Isaiah 1:11 
 ‭To what purpose ‭is‭ the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.‭ 

How can you possibly reconcile the above with your nonsense assertion I quoted? God, who hates death and who has promised to put an end to it, will require a continuing 1000 year daily death ritual of innocent creatures he created simply as a memorial? 

What was wrong with the Lord's supper?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, brakelite said:

Isaiah 1:11 
 ‭To what purpose ‭is‭ the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.‭ How can you possibly reconcile the above with your nonsense assertion I quoted?

It was me, not n2thlight, that said that.

Isaiah 1:11, if you bother to look at the context, was God's rebuke of Judah for sacrificing to pagan gods and mixing that with the sacrifices he commanded.   He was not condemning the sacrificial system since He is the one who started it.  He was rejecting the perversion of the sacrifices that Israel was engaging in at that time.

So I don't have to reconcile anything.   You simply don't have the skill to interpret the Bible correctly as evidenced by your misuse of the above verse.

God, who hates death and who has promised to put an end to it, will require a continuing 1000 year daily death ritual of innocent creatures he created simply as a memorial? 

Yes He will, just like He required the death of His innocent Son for our salvation

What was wrong with the Lord's supper?

Nothing, but that was given to the Church to be a memorial until His return.  The Church age does not continue into millennium.

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't have to reconcile anything.   You simply don't have the skill to interpret the Bible correctly as evidenced by your misuse of the above verse.

Not misused at all. You are wrong. The context has everything to do with the continuous shedding of blood as if such practice covered sin without due repentance. Israel thought they could do what they liked so long as they followed the forms and rituals of their religion. But those rituals and sacrifices were intended to be so distasteful that they would be a motivation toward repentance where such shedding of innocent blood would become less necessary. Such sacrifices were never a delight to God. A necessary burden...but God delights in life, both in the animal and human world. Your imagination is running away with you.

Much like the church today. Jesus died for me so it doesn't matter so much that I have these evil habits and bad practices....

And so God will delight in further shedding of innocent blood...rivers of it as a memorial? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Just because someone else joins you in your error doesn't give you any credibility.

Thank you, Shiloh. And that is true.

But he spoke sensibly his confirmation,
and you have yet to offer up a sound correction.

That doesn't mean that God did not originally command literal sacrifices.  He gave specific instructions in Leviticus for physical sacrifices.   You are trying to spiritualize those commandments without warrant.

After reading Jeremiah and David I returned to have another look at the law,
and could see see no reason why those commandments can't be interpreted to mean we offer our self up, as a bullock, or as a lamb.

And when I got to Deuteronomy 12. there we are told it has to be beast from the herd and flock we already have from God.
There are also many other references to our cattle, not in regards to sacrificing them.
The Lord will feed them.

So then I looked to my herd and flocks, that I have from Him.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.
Proverbs 27:23

No, it contains five types of sacrifices:  Sin offerings, trespass offering, peace offerings, burnt offerings and thanksgiving offerings.

Thank you.

Trespass is sin,
and the memorial of all offerings are to be burnt.

And I want to say thank you. You did help me to have a revelation
about the meaning of burning the memorial upon His altar.
That's why we make offerings, because bit by bit it helps us to understand,
and we burn these understanding in our memory, never to be forgotten.

All of that was done when Jesus went to the cross.   I don't make peace with God.   Jesus made peace on my behalf.  He is our Great High Priest and He is the one who is making intercession for us.

So you don't pray to God?

I think you probably do, but just don't see your prayer as being your sacrifice unto Him.

You were only forgiven for sins in the past, not for sins in the future.

If we go on to sin again, it will be worse for us than if we hadn't known His righteousness.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2 Peter 2:21

But that does not apply to believers.  We are saved, sealed and secure.  Jesus paid the penalty for all of our sins, past, present and future.

I haven't endured unto the end yet.
I guess that is why I am not saved.

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Matthew 24:13

I don't have to worry about that.  It's not that we don't sin, but for those who are saved, our sins are paid for.  We don't suffer the judgment of God for when we do sin and we don't have to go back and get re-saved over and over and over.   Jesus paid it all.  And we who are saved, are transformed and are not living in sin.  We may stumble from time to time, but we stand forgiven. 

If Jesus has cast out your devils by the Spirit of God, then no doubt the kingdom of heaven is come upon you.

If YOU want to live in a scenario where you have to go back and get re-saved every time you sin, that's up to you.  But I am not going to join you in the muck and mire of that.   If you want to trust in your works and your personal goodness, if you think salvation is something to earn or that you have to keep yourself saved, good luck with that.   I will just trust in Jesus and stay saved on His merits, not my own.

I trust all Jesus' sayings, even those that He gave by the hand of Moses.
I got faith in God.

And none of God's word is muck and mire to me. Not any more.

Thy word is very pure: therefore Thy servant loves it.
Psalm 119:140

The sacrificial system in the millennial will be a reminder not only of what Jesus has done, but will be a testimony to the unbelieving children of those believers who got saved during the Tribulation and survived the Tribulation and came into millennium.   It will speak to them of Jesus' sacrifice and point them to Jesus for salvation.  Sadly, many of them will reject that testimony, even though Jesus will be reigning on earth and they will not be able to deny His existence.

This is where Jesus speaks of that time, isn't it?

And Jesus said unto them,
Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed Me,
in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 19:28

In ancient Israel a memorial pointed back and forward at the same time.   In those days, the sacrifices reminded them of their sins, but pointed forward to the cross.

And in modern times, some are remembering a restored Israel in a future time,
who will be sacrificing animals again, in memory of Jesus' death on the cross.

The Burnt offering was, for example, the premier example of worship.   In those days, "worship" was defined as taking the best of your heard and giving it as a whole burnt offering to the Lord.  It was voluntary, but it was an act of worship.   Worship is about obedience, and 100% submission and consecration to the Lord, which is what a burnt offering symbolized.

We can just go back over this thread and view the remains of our burnt offerings.

Of course, they are bullocks which we offered up to brethren (we brought them to the sons of Aaron).
They are not necessarily the bullocks we have brought unto the Lord.
Even so, these are our oblations.

Jesus was our sacrifice, and He is our Lord and Savior.   Even unsaved people can regurgitate Christian lingo.   And false teachers mix just enough truth with error to make the error look plausible. 

Regurgitate lingo?

He who has God's word, let Him speak the word faithfully.

Praise Jesus
Paul

The priests shall not eat of any thing that is dead of itself, or torn,
whether it be fowl or beast.

Ezekiel 44:31

Edited by HarvestLabourer
to add a verse
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

Jesus is to many as the poor lamb was to the Jew who sacrificed it to God.

But [my understanding is] Jesus is our Saviour, not our sacrifice.
He is our Shepherd, not our lamb.
He is God's lamb, He is not our lamb.

Yes, He sacrificed Himself for us,
but we are supposed to be His lambs.
Isn't it?

And if we are a lamb, then we can offer up a lamb.
Paul

I am the good shepherd:
the good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

And when He puts forth His own sheep, He goes before them,
and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice.

John 10:11 & 4

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Not misused at all. You are wrong. The context has everything to do with the continuous shedding of blood as if such practice covered sin without due repentance.

Ezekiel 8 explains why Judah was destroyed by the Babylonians.   It provides an explanation as to why God hated the sacrifices of Judah.  Yes, there was a problem with the fact that they were simply going through motions, but Judah had mixed the worship of pagan gods with the sacrifices, and Scripture confirms that.  The sacrifices were not the problem; the people were the problem.

Israel thought they could do what they liked so long as they followed the forms and rituals of their religion. But those rituals and sacrifices were intended to be so distasteful that they would be a motivation toward repentance where such shedding of innocent blood would become less necessary.

No, the sin offerings were meant to show them that they could not atone for sin and were in need of a greater and better sacrifice for sin.  They were designed to point to a future once-for-all sacrifice for sin.

Such sacrifices were never a delight to God. A necessary burden...but God delights in life, both in the animal and human world. Your imagination is running away with you.

They were never a delight to God, but neither were they an abomination to Him until Israel perverted the sacrificial system.   You are not handling the Scripture correctly. 

Much like the church today. Jesus died for me so it doesn't matter so much that I have these evil habits and bad practices....

No, Jesus died for my sins and paid the penalty for them, so I don't have to die for them.  I stand forgiven.   Having assurance isn't a license to sin. 

And so God will delight in further shedding of innocent blood...rivers of it as a memorial? 

He will require them and Ezekiel 40-48 says so.  If that's a problem for you, then you need explain to God that why He needs to fit inside  the theological box that you have made for Him.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, HarvestLabourer said:

After reading Jeremiah and David I returned to have another look at the law,
and could see see no reason why those commandments can't be interpreted to mean we offer our self up, as a bullock, or as a lamb.

Because the Bible doesn't tell say that we offer ourselves up as a lamb or bullock.  Those are types of Jesus as our sacrifice.  He was our Passover Lamb.  He is typified by the bullock of the burnt offering.  It's all a picture of Jesus.

And when I got to Deuteronomy 12. there we are told it has to be beast from the herd and flock we already have from God.
There are also many other references to our cattle, not in regards to sacrificing them.
The Lord will feed them.

So then I looked to my herd and flocks, that I have from Him.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.
Proverbs 27:23

Which is why you have no business instructing anyone on spiritual matters.   The entire OT sacrificial system was about Jesus and pre-figuring Him.   It was not about us.  We are not pre-figured in the sacrifices.

So you don't pray to God?

I think you probably do, but just don't see your prayer as being your sacrifice unto Him.

Because that is not what prayer is.  Prayer is not a sacrifice.   I am a living sacrifice.

If we go on to sin again, it will be worse for us than if we hadn't known His righteousness.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2 Peter 2:21

Peter is talking about those who were apostate.  They knew the truth, they acknowledged the truth, and even participated in the external Christian community, but apostatized and turned back to their life of sin.   And those who know and acknowledge the truth, but reject it, are in far worse condition than if they had never known at all.

A true Christian is born again, and is not looking for a way to sin.  He knows that His sin is paid for, and that He is saved from the wrath of God.   Evidently, you don't have that assurance.   Evidently, you are still trying to be good enough for salvation.

I haven't endured unto the end yet.
I guess that is why I am not saved.

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Matthew 24:13

That verse is talking about being preserved out of the great Tribulation.  The context is about the Tribulation and the word "saved" is used in the sense of preservation.   It is not talking about being saved from sin.

Jesus is not saying that if you live good enough to the end, you will be saved from sin.   That isn't even close to what He is saying.   It is about the faithful during the Tribulation being saved or preserved to the end of it. 

If you are still trying to earn salvation by "enduring to the end,"  you're going to Hell because your faith is ultimately in yourself and not in Jesus.

This is where Jesus speaks of that time, isn't it?

And Jesus said unto them,
Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed Me,
in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 19:28

yes, and He was speaking to His disciples at that time.

And in modern times, some are remembering a restored Israel in a future time,
who will be sacrificing animals again, in memory of Jesus' death on the cross.

Yes, now you are catching on.

He who has God's word, let Him speak the word faithfully.

Which is NOT what you are doing. Your posts are some pretty grotesque perversions of Scripture.  

Jesus is to many as the poor lamb was to the Jew who sacrificed it to God.

Yes, He was our Passover Lamb sacrificed for us by God the Father.  

But [my understanding is] Jesus is our Saviour, not our sacrifice.
He is our Shepherd, not our lamb.
He is God's lamb, He is not our lamb.

He is our Passover lamb sacrificed for us:  " Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:" (I Corinthians 5:7)

Yes, He sacrificed Himself for us,
but we are supposed to be His lambs.
Isn't it?

And if we are a lamb, then we can offer up a lamb.
Paul

No, we are to be His disciples, not His lambs.   We don't offer up lambs.   You throw around biblical terminology and you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

Oh... Paul under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit wrote Roman 7 -quite some difference of attitude I'd say from that to you!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Oh... Paul under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit wrote Roman 7 -quite some difference of attitude I'd say from that to you!

I was speaking tongue in cheek...much of the church today has completely lost any sense of consciousness of sin and the dangers of continuing in it. I repudiate such attitudes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I was speaking tongue in cheek...much of the church today has completely lost any sense of consciousness of sin and the dangers of continuing in it. I repudiate such attitudes.

Oh please.... You are not fit to sit in judgment on the Church. Spare us this ridiculous drama.