IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Oh please.... You are not fit to sit in judgment on the Church. Spare us this ridiculous drama.

And you are not fit to sit in judgement of me. And if you have not seen evidence of what I speak you are blind. And incredibly arrogant. Time to step out of the infallible robe into which you have clothed yourself.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, brakelite said:

And you are not fit to sit in judgement of me. And if you have not seen evidence of what I speak you are blind. And incredibly arrogant. Time to step out of the infallible robe into which you have clothed yourself.

I am not sitting in judgment of you.    You are not the judge of the Church, Jesus is.    When you die and  give your life to redeem the Church, then and only then can  you can judge it.   The one walking in arrogance is you, not me.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Because the Bible doesn't tell say that we offer ourselves up as a lamb or bullock.  Those are types of Jesus as our sacrifice.  He was our Passover Lamb.  He is typified by the bullock of the burnt offering.  It's all a picture of Jesus.

Thank you, Shiloh. A graven image?

Jesus is so much more than a sacrificial lamb, or bullock, to me.
And the commandment is to offer our self up.

We tell people, who want to be saved, they must offer themself to Jesus.
Isn't it?

Which is why you have no business instructing anyone on spiritual matters.   The entire OT sacrificial system was about Jesus and pre-figuring Him.   It was not about us.  We are not pre-figured in the sacrifices.

No. The law also instructs us to bring our oblations to the brethren.
Whether we are right or wrong, because if we are wrong, we will receive correction.

These days it is mostly called witnessing.

Because that is not what prayer is.  Prayer is not a sacrifice.   I am a living sacrifice.

Not a sacrifice. A living sacrifice.

I guess we could say, animal sacrifice is a death sacrifice.
Another reason why I cannot believe that Lord Jesus Christ ever commanded any men to sacrifice animals.

Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Hebrews 7:16

Peter is talking about those who were apostate.  They knew the truth, they acknowledged the truth, and even participated in the external Christian community, but apostatized and turned back to their life of sin.   And those who know and acknowledge the truth, but reject it, are in far worse condition than if they had never known at all.

That's why I put that verse.
We were talking about the apostate too.

A true Christian is born again, and is not looking for a way to sin.  He knows that His sin is paid for, and that He is saved from the wrath of God.   Evidently, you don't have that assurance.   Evidently, you are still trying to be good enough for salvation.

I cannot deny my ears and eyes.
So many who claim that assurance evidently don't have much idea of what Jesus says.

That verse is talking about being preserved out of the great Tribulation.  The context is about the Tribulation and the word "saved" is used in the sense of preservation.   It is not talking about being saved from sin.

Jesus is not saying that if you live good enough to the end, you will be saved from sin.   That isn't even close to what He is saying.   It is about the faithful during the Tribulation being saved or preserved to the end of it. 

If you are still trying to earn salvation by "enduring to the end,"  you're going to Hell because your faith is ultimately in yourself and not in Jesus.

I guess I have to be saved from sin to know what Jesus is saying then,
if what He says isn't even close to what He is saying.

yes, and He was speaking to His disciples at that time.

Jesus says who He is speaking to. "ye which have followed Me"

That is you, isn't it?

Yes, now you are catching on.

I worded that in such a manner as to show how absurd the theory is.

That you agreed with it shows me that I am hearing you.

Which is NOT what you are doing. Your posts are some pretty grotesque perversions of Scripture.

I quoted those scriptures.
Numerous times you have said I am wrong, and those verses don't say what they say.

Just like Jesus was not even close to what He was saying,
when He said the saved are those that endure unto the end.

And it is me who is the grotesque perverter?

Yes, He was our Passover Lamb sacrificed for us by God the Father. 

He is our Passover lamb sacrificed for us:  " Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:" (I Corinthians 5:7)

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
John 10:11

And here is the commandment to purge.

Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses:
for whosoever eats that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel,
whether he be a stranger, or born in the land.

Exodus 12:19

No, we are to be His disciples, not His lambs.   We don't offer up lambs.   You throw around biblical terminology and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, I did offer up the verses where Jesus speaks of us as His sheep.
Was I wrong to "throw" them up?

You don't see that that could have any connection at all with God commanding men to make ram offerings?

Praise Jesus :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter,
Simon, son of Jonas, do you love Me more than these?
He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord; You know that I love You.
He saith unto him,
Feed My lambs.
John 21:15

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

11 hours ago, brakelite said:

I was speaking tongue in cheek...much of the church today has completely lost any sense of consciousness of sin and the dangers of continuing in it. I repudiate such attitudes.

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Oh please.... You are not fit to sit in judgment on the Church. Spare us this ridiculous drama

11 hours ago, brakelite said:

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not sitting in judgment of you.    You are not the judge of the Church, Jesus is.    When you die and  give your life to redeem the Church, then and only then can  you can judge it.   The one walking in arrogance is you, not me. 

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?
and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life,
set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
I speak to your shame.
Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you?
no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

1 Corinthians 6:2-5

You wonder why I question men's assurance.

And back to the verses under question in this topic, we had.

And in controversy they shall stand in judgment;
and they shall judge it according to My judgments:
and they shall keep My laws and My statutes in all Mine assemblies;
and they shall hallow My sabbaths.

Ezekiel 44:24

Ezekiel is describing what we are doing here, isn't he?

Hallowing His sabbaths :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings:
be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Psalm 2:10

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

By the way. Criticising the church which is heading into apostasy is not judging...else you will need to place every prophet that has ever lived into the same box. An observation is not judgement. But then you already know that don't you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?
and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life,
set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
I speak to your shame.
Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you?
no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

1 Corinthians 6:2-5

You wonder why I question men's assurance.

No, I don't wonder about that.    You don't believe in assurance because you are focused on trying to earn God's favor through your own efforts.   I wouldn't have any assurance either if my salvation rested on me getting everything right.  Fortunately, that is not what salvation is based on.

In the above passage, Paul was admonishing the Corinthian church not to have their internal conflicts settled in the secular courts.   It doesn't mean that Christians will judge other Christians.  You are applying it here to something it was never intended to address.  

And back to the verses under question in this topic, we had.

And in controversy they shall stand in judgment;
and they shall judge it according to My judgments:
and they shall keep My laws and My statutes in all Mine assemblies;
and they shall hallow My sabbaths.

Ezekiel 44:24

Ezekiel is describing what we are doing here, isn't he?

No, he is not.  You need to pay attention to the context.

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Jesus is so much more than a sacrificial lamb, or bullock, to me.

He is what the Bible says He is, not what you say or think He is.

And the commandment is to offer our self up.

We tell people, who want to be saved, they must offer themself to Jesus.
Isn't it?

No, it is not. If you knew the Gospel, you would understand that.   Our message to the world is to repent of their sin, and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  Our message is for the world to obey the Gospel.  

No. The law also instructs us to bring our oblations to the brethren.

No, it does not.

These days it is mostly called witnessing.

No, it is not.  You haven't got a clue about what you're talking about.

Another reason why I cannot believe that Lord Jesus Christ ever commanded any men to sacrifice animals.

No one said that Jesus commanded us to sacrifice animals.   God the Father in the OT commanded literal animal sacrifices of the Israelites.

That's why I put that verse.
We were talking about the apostate too.

No, you were not.   You are talking about someone who continues to sin and we were discussing the biblical doctrine of assurance.  Peter was talking about something altogether different than we were discussing.

I cannot deny my ears and eyes.
So many who claim that assurance evidently don't have much idea of what Jesus says.

Actually, those of who have assurance the ones who knows what Jesus says.  It is not about denying your ears and eyes.  It is about your utter lack of faith in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.   It is your arrogant, fleshly pride that wants salvation to be something you deserve, based on your own merits and works of righteousness.   That is why you're not a believer.   You may have religion, but you don't have Jesus and are not in the Kingdom of God.   You're a hell-bound sinner and your sliding down a greased pole straight into hell,  but you sit here in your false humility trying to spiritual and you're only sealing your doom.   You trust in your own "bullocks" more than you trust Jesus.

I guess I have to be saved from sin to know what Jesus is saying then,
if what He says isn't even close to what He is saying.

Yes, you have to be saved to know what Jesus is saying and what He is saying isn't even close to what YOU say He is saying.    You pervert His words to mean something He didn't intend in order to justify your faith in your own merits and not in Christ.

Jesus says who He is speaking to. "ye which have followed Me"

That is you, isn't it?

No, in that verse He is talking about His disciples sitting on 12 thrones.  That does not include me.

I worded that in such a manner as to show how absurd the theory is.

It is absurd to you because as an unregenerate sinnner, you are incapable of comprehending the truth of Scripture.   It was people like you that Paul was talking about when he said: "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."(1Co 2:14)

I quoted those scriptures.
Numerous times you have said I am wrong, and those verses don't say what they say.

No, they don't mean what YOU say they mean.  I am not against the Scriptures.  I am against the way you misuse them and the rubbish you continually spew.

Just like Jesus was not even close to what He was saying,
when He said the saved are those that endure unto the end.

And it is me who is the grotesque perverter?

Yes you are.   You take what Jesus said and misapply it.   You have no skill or competence in handling the Word of God.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
John 10:11

And here is the commandment to purge.

Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses:
for whosoever eats that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel,
whether he be a stranger, or born in the land.

Exodus 12:19

Yes, I did offer up the verses where Jesus speaks of us as His sheep.
Was I wrong to "throw" them up?

You don't see that that could have any connection at all with God commanding men to make ram offerings?

We are not sheep in the sacrificial sense that you are presenting.   You equate us as sheep with the sheep offered as sacrifices which typify Jesus and that is a very grotesque misuse of the Bible.  

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, brakelite said:

By the way. Criticising the church which is heading into apostasy is not judging...else you will need to place every prophet that has ever lived into the same box. An observation is not judgement. But then you already know that don't you.

No, what you said was: "I was speaking tongue in cheek...much of the church today has completely lost any sense of consciousness of sin and the dangers of continuing in it. I repudiate such attitudes." As if all of the rest of us are living abject sin and totally devoid any realization of sin. 

It is one thing to criticize groups and individuals that lead astray.   But is another thing to make blanket judgments about the Church as if you are fit to sit and judge the condition of the whole Church.   I repudiate YOUR attitude where you think you can look down your self-righteous snoot at whole church as if you are the epitome of all that is good and holy. 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, what you said was: "I was speaking tongue in cheek...much of the church today has completely lost any sense of consciousness of sin and the dangers of continuing in it. I repudiate such attitudes." As if all of the rest of us are living abject sin and totally devoid any realization of sin. 

It is one thing to criticize groups and individuals that lead astray.   But is another thing to make blanket judgments about the Church as if you are fit to sit and judge the condition of the whole Church.   I repudiate YOUR attitude where you think you can look down your self-righteous snoot at whole church as if you are the epitome of all that is good and holy. 

There is a large distance between what I said..."much of the church"...and what you are claiming that I am suggesting, quote.."all of the rest of us."

Seems to me I have touched an exposed nerve. Although from my reading of your posts previous I have never gained the impression that you personally would condone sin or that you have lost consciousness of it.

What I see is a large proportion of the church given over to lifestyles that do not reflect the holy and high standard which we as ambassadors for Christ are called to. I believe that goes a long way to explaining why the real latter rain (we've seen counterfeits) hasn't fallen yet and why Christ hasn't returned yet. The bride is having difficulty fitting into the wedding garment provided. 

And I say none of the above without a deep sense of my own personal dependence upon the righteousness of Christ and my complete helplessness without Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, shiloh357 said:

address the issues raised in the OP....

:emot-heartbeat:

Was The LORD's Supper (Passover Meal)

The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, "This month will be the very first month of the year for you. Tell the whole community of Israel: On the tenth day of this month each man must take a lamb or a young goat for his family-one animal per household. A household may be too small to eat a whole animal. That household and the one next door can share one animal. Choose your animal based on the number of people and what each person can eat. Your animal must be a one-year-old male that has no defects. You may choose a lamb or a young goat. Take care of it until the fourteenth day of this month. "Then at dusk, all the assembled people from the community of Israel must slaughter their animals. They must take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they will eat the animals. The meat must be eaten that same night. It must be roasted over a fire and eaten with bitter herbs and unleavened bread. Don't eat any of it raw or boiled but roast the whole animal over a fire. Don't leave any of it until morning. Anything left over in the morning must be burned up. This is how you should be dressed when]you eat it: with your belt on, your sandals on your feet, and your shepherd's staff in your hand. You must eat it in a hurry. It is the LORD's Passover. "On that same night I will go throughout Egypt and kill every firstborn male, both human and animal. I will severely punish all the gods of Egypt, because I am the LORD. But the blood on your houses will be a sign for your protection. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. Nothing will touch or destroy you when I strike Egypt.

"This day will be one for you to remember. This is a permanent law for generations to come: You will celebrate this day as a pilgrimage festival in the LORD's honor. For seven days you must eat unleavened bread. On the very first day you must remove any yeast that you have in your houses. Whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh day must be excluded from Israel. You must have a holy assembly on the first day and another one on the seventh. You must not work on these days except to prepare your own meals. That's all you may do. You must celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread because it was on this very day that I brought you out of Egypt in organized family groups. This is a permanent law for future generations: You must celebrate this day. From the evening of the fourteenth day of the first month until the evening of the twenty-first day you must eat unleavened bread. There should be no yeast in your houses for seven days. Whoever eats anything with yeast in it must be excluded from the community of Israel, whether he is an Israelite or not. Eat nothing made with yeast. Wherever you live, you must eat only unleavened bread."

Then Moses called for all the leaders of Israel. He said to them, "Pick out a lamb or a young goat for your families, and kill the Passover animal. Take the branch of a hyssop plant, dip it in the blood which is in a bowl, and put some of the blood on the top and sides of the doorframes of your houses. No one may leave the house until morning. Exodus 12:1-22 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Really Just A Crumb Of Saltine
With A 1/2 Oz Shot Of Welch's Grape Juice On The Side

Mark my words--I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father's Kingdom." Matthew 26:29 (New Living Translation)

:emot-heartbeat:

And Could The Wedding Feast Of Our LORD

And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” Revelation 19:9 (English Standard Version)

Be A 1,00O Year Feast And Celebration

And seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the LORD, seven bullocks and seven rams without blemish daily the seven days; and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering. Ezekiel 45:23 (American King James Version)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Thumbs Up 1