IGNORED

How do you deal with feeling discouraged at every corner?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Just curious on how you find yourself dealing with it at first then comparing it to how you eventually begin handling it after evaluating and recognizing the problem? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

The answer is simple but incredibly difficult; just keep trusting in God. So many times there's little to nothing we can do about the current, and we certainly can't go back and make changes to the past. Know that God has a plan for you and ask Him daily to reveal it to you and to lead you where He wants you to go.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, TimelessMomentum said:

Just curious on how you find yourself dealing with it at first then comparing it to how you eventually begin handling it after evaluating and recognizing the problem? 

I give it all to God. Ask for his guidance and direction in dealing with a situation. The Holy Spirit leads me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Well, even though you may have this at times, it took COURAGE to post the topic. So there!

As the others have said variously, we are in the days nearing the end where this kind of thing will paralyze us if the adversary has his way. I have been in close quarters with a depressive, I can tell you that continual discouragement really is a sever downer.

What I often did was do some activity I could succeed at. Just pick a task and preferably one that assists somebody else. As someone said, also counting your blessings is a good way to offset this. Maybe trip to your local cancer ward would give you some perspective as well.  the Lord made us creative. So create something. The adversary just destroys, so when we create something, no matter how small or inconsequential, it must give those demons conniption fits!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Nothing is too hard for God.  So I ask Him to solve it and glorify Himself in the situation.  I ask Him to show me the way.  And I stop trying to solve it in my own strength.  Sometimes God gives me these things to force me to rely on Him and His wisdom and power.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

You can not go on your human emotions. They are not genuine. Just focus on God.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Here's another perspective.   You're dealing with discouragement, then looking at it more closely and recognizing the problem.  I assume part of this involves praying about the situation and asking for guidance.  At this point, you may be guided to make changes.  What you need to consider carefully with discernment is whether any guidance is from God or your own reasoning.

Are your church and Christian friends helping you on your path as a Christian?  How about how you spend your time?  Are the clubs, social groups, and volunteer projects all appropriate?  Maybe you're being nudged to adjust those in minor or major ways?

About once a year I tend to review how I spend my time each day to see if it all looks appropriate.  Trying to do that from an outside perspective can be very helpful.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I was there once unfortunately I was not strong enough to handle it, it got me for 15 years and then I found God and then god open the doors for me, with his size 9 boot he kicked me and I landed in a far better place then I was..

Praise be to God.

You've already done the analysing and found you have this problem, opening new good doors is the key to getting out of bad situations and through Faith one can open these doors, faith in yourself and faith in God..

Don't let it overcome you, take the bull by the horn as the saying goes..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 11/27/2017 at 12:43 AM, TimelessMomentum said:

A way is working on improving one aspect of my relationship with God and myself.

Even if the other aspects seems to be going down. Focus on what I can improve through prayer and choices, and in this path improve the relationship with God. By doing this, the other areas of my life, seemingly unrelated, starts to improve too.

• Thumbs Up 1