Gdv

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I do not like Jeremiah 29:11 anymore... My dream is not to be a known Christian like Billy Graham. I just wanna be a Christian who follows Christ but that is it. When I was a little girl, people told me : God has a big plan for your life. I do not like this sentence anymore. People used to call me that I have personality and authority. I do not like God to use me that way. My dad was used by God in his profession. But after a couple of years, he fell. He left Christianity.He became famous. And he struggled with pride and other stuff. I do not want to be used this way. Why God won't use me as a missionary? I do not want his plan.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am sorry because all of God's words are worthy of our praise.

Jeremiah 29:11

Is purposeful.

Aligns our hopes with God.

God's plans for us always are in our best interest.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

God does have a plan for each of us.  

Eph 2:8 ESV For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,  Eph 2:9  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.  Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

God prepared good works for us to walk in.  He has a purpose for each of us.  But is is to allow Jesus to live in us right where we are and to touch as many lives as we can with His love.  It may be to have compassion on the check out person at the grocery store.  We never know who God will bring across our paths that needs Him or needs some encouragement.  It is for us to be willing to be used by Him and allow Him to live in us. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Gdv said:

I do not like Jeremiah 29:11 anymore... My dream is not to be a known Christian like Billy Graham. I just wanna be a Christian who follows Christ but that is it. When I was a little girl, people told me : God has a big plan for your life. I do not like this sentence anymore. People used to call me that I have personality and authority. I do not like God to use me that way. My dad was used by God in his profession. But after a couple of years, he fell. He left Christianity.He became famous. And he struggled with pride and other stuff. I do not want to be used this way. Why God won't use me as a missionary? I do not want his plan.

One of the big blindspots (as I see it) that the church in western culture has is measuring our "success" as a Christian by what we do, and not by who we are.  In most churches, there is a focus on finding your gifts and talents and calling so that you can get busy laying up treasure in heaven and not falling short of the giant goals God has set for you to strive for.  Being a good Christian has become about discovering the big call on our life and not falling short, but if we do, well then we settle for God's 2nd and 3rd best for our lives.

Over the past decade (I've been a Christian for over 40 years now), God has been showing me that walking with Him is about doing it as the person He wants me to be.  I spent decades trying to be a good Christian, a good father, a good husband, a good employee, a good citizen, a good friend, a good church member, and maximizing the use of my gifts and talents.  I made my identity in those things.  Over a period of about 6 months, God took me out into a (figurative) desert away from much of that and forced me to look in the mirror.  I was looking at a stranger.  I had no clue who God really wanted me to be.  I could only see myself as the masks I put on to fit in at church, family, work, etc.  Over a period of months, God took me on a journey to discover who He had created me to be.  I emerged from that desert very different than I went in.  I came out with a strong sense of who God made me to be.  My gifts and talents were no longer my identity but tools to be used.  I found myself starting to simply walk with God in a more natural way.  I found ministry (and everything else I did) started to just flow more naturally and easily rather than being forced labor that depended on how committed and steadfast I was.  Frankly, I've seen much more fruit born in my life in the past few years than in first few decades because I'm just simply walking with God and watching stuff happen.  Walking with God as the person He made me to be is what our lives were meant for.  The atoning work of Jesus Christ is the starting point.  It's about letting God transform us into who He made us to be and not about striving to do the right things.  When we walk with Him in the way He meant for us (as unique individuals), things such as prayer, Bible reading, meditation, ministry, being around other Christians starts to become a natural thing that flows freely in our lives, not a heavy burden that we need to struggle under.

The big question is who did God create you to be?  Not, what to-do list does God have for you to get busy on, but, who is that unique person that He wants you to be?  It's not a matter of finding the "Call" and then working on it.  It's a matter of learning to walk with God as the unique person He made you to be.  I've come to believe that each of us are meant to reflect His glory in a way that no other person can.  It is not so much about figuring out the right to-do list and set of goals to accomplish.  It is about becoming the person God meant us to be.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It sounds like you might be blaming God for your father's sins and falling away from the faith. In the very verse you say you don't like anymore it's clear that God's plan is one that is good for you, not bad. It was not God's plan for your father to walk away down the wrong path. Your father made that choice; that was him saying he didn't want God's plan anymore and instead wanted to follow his own.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:45 AM, Gdv said:

Hi Gdv,

Pleased to meet you and welcome to worthy. So glad you have realised that not all scripture is about us,...It is about the Lord, His character and His purposes. Now for us this is His purpose -

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON, that he might be the first-born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

So as we go through life, we learn about our selfish selves and over time we humble ourselves and are made like Christ. Nothing is greater than that. For that is the character you will be in eternity. Nothing else will pass on.

Any gifts or talents we have is for serving others, they are NOT our destiny. Our destiny IS TO BE LIKE CHRIST.

Hope that clears the air, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, Gdv said:

How about just allowing God to lead you and stop worrying about what others tell you God wants to do in your life?  It is very possible that the people saying those things are trying to make you into something you are not.  They may mean well, but it is clear this is putting too much pressure on you.  It is almost like the man who has a son and tries to push him to go into the same profession he is in.  Sometimes, that is just not meant to be.  

My advise is the next time someone says something like that to you, just smile and be polite, but know on the inside that is just not for you.  Walk with God, and let Jesus lead you.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/27/2017 at 10:45 PM, Gdv said:

if evil should be removed from humans so that they may have abundant and eternal life, then we can't say the plans of God to do that prejudice our welfare...

Blessings