• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I'm so old I remember when Arty Johnson and Ruth Buzzy's "Gladys and Tyrone" skits were hilarious fun to watch. 

Now nothing is allowed to be funny it's all Quaker's meeting has begun no more laugh in, no more fun.

Is it better today or just more of the same, but without any chuckles allowed along the way? Everybody is touchy but no touchy no how, less you be slandered, libeled,  accused, sued, tried, jailed, and or fined.

Teachers can't teach, police can't police, bosses can't boss, co-workers can't co-work, and forbid there be a company party for any reason whatsoever. It's a grand new world of fear of everyone about most everything. 

Who is in charge of this mad rush to total insanity?

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Don't forget what passes for humor today would not of been allowed when we were kids.  Swearing meant your mouth washed out with soap, if you were lucky. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

28 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I'm so old I remember when Arty Johnson and Ruth Buzzy's "Gladys and Tyrone" skits were hilarious fun to watch. 

Now nothing is allowed to be funny it's all Quaker's meeting has begun no more laugh in, no more fun.

Is it better today or just more of the same, but without any chuckles allowed along the way? Everybody is touchy but no touchy no how, less you be slandered, libeled,  accused, sued, tried, jailed, and or fined.

Teachers can't teach, police can't police, bosses can't boss, co-workers can't co-work, and forbid there be a company party for any reason whatsoever. It's a grand new world of fear of everyone about most everything. 

I remember those skits. It all depends on what you think is funny. Some bad things are coming to light and that is a good thing. There has been bad found in teachers, police, bosses and justice should be done in those things.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Welcome to "The End-times"!

Personally, I thought Red Skelton skits and humor was pretty funny. So... You're not the only one around here that's so old I remember :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

One day, Satan was walking to and fro in Heaven boasting how he is better than Jesus at everything,
and the Father heard enough it and decided to put a stop to it.
OK boys, He said, I will make a competition.
Let's see who can make the best program in one hour, and He sat them both before computers.
(At least I will have one hour of silence, was the Father's thought.)
And it was quiet as both Satan and Jesus were working furiously on their programs.
But, on the 59th minute, the power went off. Just for one second.
Oh no!, cried Satan, and he howled. Oh how he howled.
Then the Father appeared and asked, So how'd you go?
Satan was a blubbering mess. The power went off, it isn't fair, and he complained on and on quite a while.
Father patiently heard Him out, and then turned to Jesus.
Jesus just smiled and pressed a key on his keyboard. 
His computer exploded into glorious heavenly scenes with beautiful colour and angelic music.
Satan was shocked. What? How'd he do that?
The Father just looked at him and said, Jesus saves.

Edited by HarvestLabourer
small fix

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Welcome to "The End-times"!

Personally, I thought Red Skelton skits and humor was pretty funny. So... You're not the only one around here that's so old I remember :laugh:

I liked Red Skelton. Did you notice that at the end of his show he always said "God Bless" ?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

35 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I don't know if you mean in the church or in the world Neighbour.......but there is a time to laugh as well as a time to cry, and lots of joy and rejoicing in the bible and Jesus was crowned with joy above His companions.  But in the world they are feeding on so much darkness in the media I'm sure it must be putting a damper on them all, though they don't realize it and keep feeding on murder and mayhem and immorality.....so they feel like they need to drown their sorrows every weekend and go to bars, calling that happiness......and meanwhile the suicide rate is climbing along with drug addiction statistics.  Having Jesus sure does free us from a lot and we can be happy without the crutches.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I liked Red Skelton. Did you notice that at the end of his show he always said "God Bless" ?

You bet I did! And if you ever get a chance to watch and hear ole Red on Youtube or somewhere, on his rendition of "The Pledge of Allegiance". It still brings shivers down my spine! 

• Thumbs Up 2

quote-goodnight-mrs-calabash-wherever-you-are-jimmy-durante-225626.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I love to watch the occasional old Red Skelton movie on tv! I do remember his epilog at the end of each show, where he even apologies if he has perhaps offended anyone with his humor.  He had some hard times in his "clown's" life like most of us. But he always brought joy with him  to us  as he entertained.

I also enjoyed Jimmy Durante and his good night Mrs. Callabash sign off at the end of his show. They were trade marks of talented  individuals.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1