Butterfly28

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What are some of the best books that you've ever read on Spiritual Warfare?

I just ordered They Shall Expel Demons by Derek Prince on Amazon...

waiting for it to arrive..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I'm interested in people's answers to this.  Not because I want to go around doing it but I want to be able to protect myself and my family because my sister is into spiritual stuff like getting readings done etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The Whole Armor of God
Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

The evil day is Satan's tribulation.

Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Luke 10:18  And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

He is coming at the 6th trumpet.

Luke 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

God gave us power over all evil in HIS name.    Anything evil comes around you order them out in the Name of Jesus Christ!  Tell them to go back to Hades.

Luke 10:20  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

7trumpets

Hey, when you quote Ephesians, please don't leave out the 6:18. We need that Prayer backup too.

Butterfly28

As for the books on Spirit War, you might consider this short list,

1. Our Holy Bible

2. John Fox, Book of Martyrs

3. Danelle Ice, Dangerous But Good: A no-nonsense  Guide to casting out demons & evil spirits 

GOD bless you.

Igor Evgen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

Other than the New Testament - particularly the epistles written to the Spirit-filled church a disciple does not need any books written by people.

All that we need is the word of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit [evidenced by praying in tongues, that is praying in the Holy Ghost]. 

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;  Ephesians 6:18 

The power to fight against the enemy is given to us when we believe and embrace the full gospel of salvation and are baptized in water and the Holy Spirit. 

17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16: 

Further to the above the gifts of the Holy Spirit are distributed within a proper functioning disciplined Pentecostal church for the empowerment of 

fighting the enemy and not losing the spiritual war that is against us. 

1Corinthians 12:

7  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11  But all these work that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Edited by Waggles

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Spirit Warriors by Stu Weber is quite good.  I especially liked how he discussed putting on the armor of God based on scripture.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/2/2017 at 1:46 AM, Sojourner414 said:

The Bible.

Others have focused on NT themes, but the OT has some of the clearest examples of spiritual warfare in action:

2 Kings 6, when Elisha’s servant’s eyes are opened to the real conflict.

Daniel 10, when Daniel is told about an angel’s struggle (apparently the struggle was supported by Daniel’s prayer and fasting- something to dwell on) with the power behind the worldly thrones of Daniel’s day, and afterward (Greece).

Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, where the narrative shifts from the local subject (king of Babylon, prince of Tyre) to the real power behind those thrones -Satan himself.

Then, go read Ephesians 6...

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 11/28/2017 at 3:13 AM, Butterfly28 said:

What are some of the best books that you've ever read on Spiritual Warfare?

I just ordered They Shall Expel Demons by Derek Prince on Amazon...

waiting for it to arrive..

Derek Prince....false teacher here, be careful. When Jesus said that they shall expel demons that was a gift that was never meant to be permanent. The method of exorcism that Jesus used was a gift given only to the apostles and maybe a few others. 

We can only cast out demons by asking Christ to do it

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

"Spiritual Warfare,  Christians, Demonization, and Deliverance"   by Dr. Karl Payne.

It has helped everyone I have loaned it to.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1