IGNORED

Who Is This Other Jesus Paul Warn Us About!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Paul say in 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship. 

Every Sunday millions upon millions of people all over the world attend church services. To most it's an automatic occurrence and they have never given their actions a second thought. It probably would seem blasphemous for these people to change their day of worship. After all, this is the way of the world and has been so for some time. Nevertheless, the bible says that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Many people fail to realize that Sunday is the first day of the week. This ignorance is due to the fact that Monday is the first work/school day in most countries. However, Sunday is actually the first day of the week and Saturday is the seventh day. Any calendar, dictionary or encyclopedia will prove this fact. Some will argue that it's impossible to know which day is which. They believe the days have changed over time. However, the bible speaks of a seven day week and we still live according to this rule today. This is no accident. Past nations have even tried to shorten and lengthen God's weekly institution, but of course they failed. Man has also come up with names (after pagan gods) for the days, but it is no coincidence that each day is still known by it's perspective number (1-7).

God has not allowed the days of the week to be altered over the centuries. Even during the sixteenth century when the world adopted our present calendar, the Gregorian, the days of the week did not change. Others will say that it really doesn't matter what day you attend church. "You should worship God everyday" or "everyday is the Sabbath day," they will zealously proclaim. Well, why has the world set aside Sunday as it's day of worship (there is a reason, which we will discuss later) instead of any and every day? Sure you should do well and think about God every day, but everyday cannot be the Sabbath day. God in his wisdom knew that man would be consumed with his daily activities. Therefore, he set one day aside for man to come together and worship him.  

Jesus say in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.  

The Sabbath begins at sundown Friday and last until sundown Saturday. (Each day starts in the evening, instead of at midnight, "and the evening and morning were the fifth day" Genesis 1:23). The entire bible stresses that it is of utmost importance that we observe (attend church) the Lord's Sabbath, the seventh (7th) day. It really does matter.

"Saturday is the seventh day" (World Book Encyclopedia, Volume 17, 1989 Edition)

Man realizes the importance of setting one day aside to worship God. Nevertheless, he has tried to change God's set time and law of Sabbath worship. "And he shall speak great words against the most High...and think to change times and laws..." (Daniel 7:25). This change went into effect on March 7, 321 A.D., by Emperor Constantine of Rome. Constantine, "...enjoined Sunday rest from labor, except agricultural" (Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 21, 1945). It is even recorded that Constantine used violence to enforce his new law, because the seventh day Sabbath was still being observed by true servants of God. Now if it would seem blasphemous for people to change their day of worship today, how do you think God felt when man changed his?  

Many religious leaders realize that the days of the week have not changed. They claim that the Sabbath day changed from the seventh day (Saturday) to the first day (Sunday) in commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus. This theory, along with Constantine's law, is the reason why most of the world has adopted Sunday as the new Sabbath. Nevertheless, not one preacher or Constantine has ever substantiated this claim with the holy bible.

Another common theory is "Saturday is the Jewish Sabbath and Sunday is the Christian Sabbath." However, the bible speaks of only one Sabbath, the seventh day, and it is called The Lord's Sabbath. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; Ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings" (Leviticus 23:3). There was no Christian or Jew when God instituted his Sabbath. "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested..." (Genesis 2:3). Adam and Eve (created on the sixth day) were the only people around when God rested on the seventh day.

This day continued to be special to God and over two thousand years later he ordered man to observe it (Exodus 20:8-11). Yes the Lord truly intends for man to follow the example he set by honoring the seventh day. Therefore, he included it in his "ten commandments." Observing the Sabbath is just as important as "thou shalt not kill" and "thou shalt not steal" (Exodus 20:13, 15). You cannot delete, change, or choose to obey one law over another. "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10). Remember, they are not called the nine commandments. Though he has tried man cannot change the law of the Almighty and "Judgment day" will prove this.

Jesus warned us about breaking the commandments of God to honor our own traditions in (Matthew 15:3-6). This is what people are doing by observing Sunday worship instead of God's fourth commandment. They claim to be worshipping the Lord, but Jesus declared, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9). Honoring the seventh day is a commandment of God from the beginning, while honoring the first day is a commandment of man from 321 A.D. Choose Life and live. Just like adultery, dishonoring the Sabbath was punishable by death (Exodus 31:14-15 and Numbers 15:32-36).

There is no way we will escape if we ignore it. Honoring the Sabbath is an everlasting sign for true worshippers of God. "It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever..." (Exodus 31:17). True Sabbath worship sets us apart or sanctifies us from the rest of the world. Many think the Sabbath is only for Israel. However, God is the God of all people. I ask you is "thou shalt not kill" only for Israel? NO! The Lord chose to reveal all of his laws to Israel, that through Israel they might be revealed to the whole world. In Exodus 12:49  One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.  The lord have not changed his ways. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed (Malachi 3:6)  

• Thumbs Up 1

Therefore, God's Sabbath is for everybody to observe, "Also, the sons of the stranger (non-Israelite), that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, everyone that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it...even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer..." (Isaiah 56:6-7). So just as any and everyone will get punished for breaking the Sabbath, any and everyone will get blessed for observing it. 

Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3, 10-14) is the one who rested on the Sabbath day and commanded that you do the same. If you really understood the scriptures you would realize that He was the one who became known as Jesus who gave you the Ten Commandments. So not only did He command you to cease from your work on that day He also commanded you to. (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church.

Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel was His people then and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work. But the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on that day.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Many religious leaders realize that the days of the week have not changed. They claim that the Sabbath day changed from the seventh day (Saturday) to the first day (Sunday) in commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus. This theory, along with Constantine's law, is the reason why most of the world has adopted Sunday as the new Sabbath. Nevertheless, not one preacher or Constantine has ever substantiated this claim with the holy bible.

That is becauseno one has ever made that claim.   No one claims the Sabbath was changed.  We worship on Sunday because Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of week and because all of his post resurrection appearances recorded are on the first day of the week and the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost on the first day of week.  

The Sabbath is still the Sabbath.  But the Church is not obligated do it, and never was.  

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

So is the claim here that the "other Jesus" that Paul talked about has to do with going to church on Sunday?  Really?

I think the focus is off here.  

First, let me clarify some things so we do not get into a needless debate over Saturday vs. Sunday.  I agree that the tradition once a week Sabbath is on Saturday, not Sunday, and I typically rest on Saturdays because of that.

Having said that, Jesus came to show us the real Sabbath, which is about serving God EVERY day of the week, not just one day.  

Another important point that gets missed in these discussions is that it is not a sin to worship God on a Sunday... in fact, it would be a sin not to worship God on a Sunday.  We should worship God every day. 

Neither is it really a sin to rest on a Sunday, unless we are going to argue that the only day we are allowed to have a break from working is Saturday, and therefore make sure we work every single day, except Saturday.

What would constitute breaking the 4th commandment is working on the Sabbath.  But this does not actually apply to those of us who work for God.  Working for God on a Sabbath is lawful, as Jesus demonstrated and taught. 

So what we are left with is a debate over whether it is okay to "go to work" (as in a secular job for money) on Saturday.  As far as I can see, no, it is not okay with God for people to do that.  And yet, I personally believe he wants to do away with "working for money" altogether, as Jesus clearly demonstrated and taught... leading us into a perpetual Sabbath where we are no longer doing "our own works" but are actually living in obedience to God and "going about doing good" and serving the Lord every day.

As for "the other Jesus" that Paul spoke about, I would suggest it is any imaginary Jesus that does not teach the same things that the real Jesus of the Gospels taught... and this includes much more than issues over the Sabbath.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

4 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28)

With all the emphasis you are putting on getting others to conform to the Sabbath, I am not sure you understand what Jesus meant by "the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath".  He is saying that the Sabbath was made to help us and serve our needs, not that we should treat the Sabbath as if it is the most important thing.  

If we are honest and look at every time the issue of the Sabbath is mentioned in the Gospels, we do not get a picture of Jesus trying to get everyone to follow the Sabbath, nor do we see anywhere in the Gospels that the main issue he came to preach (and that he wants us to preach to others) is the Sabbath. Quite the opposite.

Jesus continually challenged people's understanding of the Sabbath.  He taught that doing good is lawful on the Sabbath, that people's physical and spiritual needs are more important than Sabbath keeping, and that those who work for God can actually work on the Sabbath and still be counted as innocent.

It concerns me that many of those who push for Sabbath day adherence are quick to talk of obedience to Jesus (with regard to an issue that he hardly promoted obedience to), at the same time that there is little said about the need for obedience to the other things he clearly taught (e.g. with regard to forsaking material pursuits, turning the other cheek, not praying in public, not using titles of respect, etc.).

Giving the impression that the whole battle between Good and Evil has to do with deciding to go to church on Saturday vs. Sunday, not only trivializes Jesus' true message, but it blinds people to the real issues Jesus wanted people to address.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

20 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

How many different Sabbath Day threads do you need?  Did you buy a dozen on sale and they have to be used by a certain date?

I don't know where you get this bogus theory that Christians think Sunday worship is the Sabbath.  I've never thought or believed that.  I don't know anyone personally that does.  I don't know of anyone here on the board that believes this.  You keep using that red herring over and over again when it has already been proven, multiple times to be false.

I've asked you this a dozen times and you never answered the question, so I will ask it again, and keep asking it.  How, exactly, do you, personally keep the Sabbath?  Explain it to me.  If you are going to tell people you are keeping the Sabbath, you have to also be able to tell them how you are doing so.

when a thread gets to the point you can't defend it, it's time to start a new one.....   with the same old things.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Worthy must have a sign on the home page most of us can't see: SDA cultists, come on in and feel free to spread your goofy legalistic argle-bargle all over the place.

20 hours ago, justadisciple said:

With all the emphasis you are putting on getting others to conform to the Sabbath, I am not sure you understand what Jesus meant by "the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath".  He is saying that the Sabbath was made to help us and serve our needs, not that we should treat the Sabbath as if it is the most important thing.  

If we are honest and look at every time the issue of the Sabbath is mentioned in the Gospels, we do not get a picture of Jesus trying to get everyone to follow the Sabbath, nor do we see anywhere in the Gospels that the main issue he came to preach (and that he wants us to preach to others) is the Sabbath. Quite the opposite.

Jesus continually challenged people's understanding of the Sabbath.  He taught that doing good is lawful on the Sabbath, that people's physical and spiritual needs are more important than Sabbath keeping, and that those who work for God can actually work on the Sabbath and still be counted as innocent.

It concerns me that many of those who push for Sabbath day adherence are quick to talk of obedience to Jesus (with regard to an issue that he hardly promoted obedience to), at the same time that there is little said about the need for obedience to the other things he clearly taught (e.g. with regard to forsaking material pursuits, turning the other cheek, not praying in public, not using titles of respect, etc.).

Giving the impression that the whole battle between Good and Evil has to do with deciding to go to church on Saturday vs. Sunday, not only trivializes Jesus' true message, but it blinds people to the real issues Jesus wanted people to address.

If you can find some verses or scriptures in the Bible about what you saying, maybe I can understand where you getting your thoughts from. 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Actually in some parts of the world, for example like mine, we have the option to actually go to church on a saturday evenings or sunday mornings. And it was deemed as a day of coming together and worshipping the Lord. Never once in my entire experiences of going to churches had any pastor claimed Sunday is the Sabbath day nor did he mention that "today is the day of rest". And yeah i clicked on this thread hoping for a discussion about the other Jesus but the explanation quickly shifted from the other Jesus to the "other Sabbath". Well...i must admit...a good bait though to get people to click on the thread..and it actually got me to reply :rofl:

• Thumbs Up 1