IGNORED

Who Is This Other Jesus Paul Warn Us About!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You do not do them because they are impossible to do, since there is no Temple.

You practice the same selective dismissal of Sabbath requirements as every other Sabbath keeper does.  You dismiss the sacrifices and priesthood requirements, but keep the day because that is the only component you can keep in the 21st Century.  This is the same reason you steadfastly refuse to explain how you keep the Sabbath.  You know you are not keeping it even though you repeatedly keep telling others that they must keep it.  If you were 100% confident that you were keeping the Sabbath, you would not be resistant to telling others how you did so.  In fact, you would be overjoyed to tell others how you accomplished something that has been literally impossible for any person, except for Jesus to accomplish since Creation.

You love to create new Sabbath threads every month so it should be exceedingly easy for you to tell all of us here how you keep the Sabbath.

Why do you, and all the other Sabbath keepers her keep refusing to answer a very simple question?

How do Sabbath keepers keep the Sabbath?   Been there done that I told you on another thread....you chose to put on your Pharisee hat and say I broke tne Sabbath....but beware, what did Jesus call the Pharisees, and their wrongful judgemental attitudes "you brood of vipers, you are clean on the outside but dirty inside...so you do not seem to be in good company..Matthew 23.

Just now, heretoeternity said:

How do Sabbath keepers keep the Sabbath?   Been there done that I told you on another thread....you chose to put on your Pharisee hat and say I broke tne Sabbath....but beware, what did Jesus call the Pharisees, and their wrongful judgemental attitudes "you brood of vipers, you are clean on the outside but dirty inside...so you do not seem to be in good company..Matthew 23.

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You practice the same selective dismissal of Sabbath requirements as every other Sabbath keeper does.  You dismiss the sacrifices and priesthood requirements, but keep the day because that is the only component you can keep in the 21st Century.  This is the same reason you steadfastly refuse to explain how you keep the Sabbath.  You know you are not keeping it even though you repeatedly keep telling others that they must keep it.  If you were 100% confident that you were keeping the Sabbath, you would not be resistant to telling others how you did so.  In fact, you would be overjoyed to tell others how you accomplished something that has been literally impossible for any person, except for Jesus to accomplish since Creation.

You love to create new Sabbath threads every month so it should be exceedingly easy for you to tell all of us here how you keep the Sabbath.

Why do you, and all the other Sabbath keepers her keep refusing to answer a very simple question?

Why do you continually avoid telling us where in the Bible, God blessed, sanctified and commanded 1st day of the week, Sunday observance....whats your problem don't know?

Buzzzz wrong answer...give me Bible reference where God blessed, sanctified and commanded the first day of the week (sunday) as a holy day....BTW are you Cobalt?

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

Why do you continually avoid telling us where in the Bible, God blessed, sanctified and commanded 1st day of the week, Sunday observance....whats your problem don't know?

We don't have to defend what we never claimed.  Sunday is not a Sabbath.  We honor it because Jesus rose from the dead, not because it is a new Sabbath or something.   The Sabbath day is what it has always been and it lands on the 7th day of the week as it always has.  

But the Sabbath day points to Jesus who is the personification of the Sabbath principle.  The Sabbath day is inferior to Jesus who is the embodiment of everything that the Sabbath day represents.  Jesus is our Sabbath.

Guest shiloh357
On 11/29/2017 at 7:50 PM, Bro.Tan said:

What Jesus didn't rise on Sunday and I can prove it, more then once in the Bible, are you then going to keep the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week as written?

Jesus rose on the first day of the week.  It might be Saturday on our modern calendars, but on a lunar calendar, Jesus rose on the first day of week.

Jesus was in the tomb for 72 hours.  At 72 hours and one minute, Jesus was out of the tomb on the first day of week.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus rose on the first day of the week.  It might be Saturday on our modern calendars, but on a lunar calendar, Jesus rose on the first day of week.

Jesus was in the tomb for 72 hours.  At 72 hours and one minute, Jesus was out of the tomb on the first day of week.

I understand what you believe, but you ignore the question, and went right into your thoughts with not one Bible scripture or verse. 

18 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Those who read my post concerning your question can see that I clearly answer it. If you ask a person a question and you don't like the answer or believe the answer, why would you keep asking? Or wouldn't a thought come to your mind, and say maybe I need to ask a different question. If your heart if fix on not believing anything I respond to, then what's the purpose?

This is the proper way you should of ask me about keeping the sabbath day. Bro.Tan, how do we suppose to keep the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week according to the Bible. You could of ask about the Temple, or about the animal sacrificial laws, or where did Sunday come. Then we could of reason together with the Bible, with the word of God. Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Now people see that I answer you and this is how you respond to me. 

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

I understand what you believe, but you ignore the question, and went right into your thoughts with not one Bible scripture or verse. 

I am not ignoring your question.  I said Jesus was raised on Saturday, but that is still the first day of the week on  a lunar calendar.   Jesus was not raised on the Sabbath.

19 hours ago, appy said:

Cobalt mentioned but didn't ask you about what sacrifices were. He doesn't need you to go look it up and find out; he already knows the answer. That is not what he is asking you. What he is asking is; what do you ( Bro. Tan ) do physically, yourself in that 24 hour period that you call Sabbath. The laws show us that we are sinful and in need of a savior because we can't keep those laws, nor can we save ourselves. Following a set of external conformity does not make us acceptable to God. External conformity is the action of trying to cleanse ourselves of unrighteousness, by our own power through following a set of external rules. When we as humans do this, we struggle and labor, to no avail, because we can't save ourselves from sin and death.

The battle was won for us when Jesus died on the cross. When we believe that Jesus is the “I AM” and that he paid the cost for us on the cross we are declared righteous in the sight of God.

John 8 :24 That is why I told you that you would die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

When we believe, we enter his rest. A person is still trying to become righteous, by following the old covenant of external do's and don'ts, that could never save us. That is why God canceled the old one created a new covenant that is far superior to the old one. For if we were able to follow those old laws, there would have been no need for Jesus to die on the cross.

In Acts Peter got up to speak in the meeting of apostles and elders in Jerusalem. He was certainly addressing the concern about Jewish laws that some people in those days were declaring was necessary for salvation. Peter corrected them.

Acts 15 : 10-11 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved

When Peter had finished, James spoke up

Acts 15 : 19-20 "It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Acts 15 : 28-29 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

Notice that nothing more is required of the believers. So the question is, why are you trying to put a yoke on the necks of others that you aren't even willing to explain how you, yourself follow it.  Or even willing to explain how you think it should be followed.  Just saying it is done on day X is not an explanation. 

I can't tell people with my own words how I personally keep the Sabbath day. I have to teach people through the scriptures and verses how the sabbath day is to be kept, according to the Bible, not me. When it comes to the word of God is a whole different ball game. Now you have to make up your mind if you want to learn or not. This is why when you go back and read many post of mine I use scriptures and verses, let's read something interesting Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Last book of the Bible, all the way to the end, it shows that the commandments are still being kept to this day.

The yoke wasn't talking about the Gentile keeping the Sabbath day,  Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath. Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday or any other day. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath.

Pay close attention... Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check.