• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, Abdicate said:

What do you think the last supper was? 

1 Corinthians 11:24-26 (KJV)
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Your talking about the Eucharist not the Passover. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3

On 11/12/2017 at 11:55 AM, Justin Adams said:

Early eve Nisan 14: Yeshua ate the Passover with His disciples (last supper). Later the same day he was crucified.

Exactly 3 days and 3 nights later on the Sabbath, He arose.
A little while later it was the first day of the week.
Then He met Mary etc. BUT HE WAS RAISED ON THE SABBATH.

So OBSERVE the Sabbath for more than one reason. However your conscience dictates.

You need to re-read what happened. It clearly says Jesus was put in the tomb just before the Sabbath began and that the women went back to the tomb just after the Sabbath had finished when it was found that Jesus had risen, on the day of first fruits (day 16). 

Jesus could not have eaten the Passover meal on the 14th because He was killed on that day (preparation day). He ate the meal on the evening of the 13th. 

Much debate and confusion exists around Jesus' 3 days and 3 night in the Heart of the Earth. The answer to this is simpler than many believe. Here are the relevant verses:

Matthew 12

39He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Mark 15:42-43

42 It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body.

Matthew 28:1

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

Jesus died at about 3pm on the 14th Aviv (Preparation day). He was put in the tomb just before sunset at about 6pm. He rose at sunrise on the 16th Aviv (The day of first fruits) at about 6am. This means was in the tomb for 3 days and 2 nights (about 36 hours). However the term 'Heart of the Earth' that Jesus spoke of was not the tomb. The Bible interprets the Bible and elsewhere we can find what Jesus meant by this phrase:

Matthew 15:19

For out of the heart come evil thoughts; murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Therefore Jesus was talking about the wickedness of the whole Earth. The moment Jesus entered the wicked heart of the Earth was when He allowed Himself to be arrested and this is what He said at that moment:

Luke 22:53

“Every day I was with you in the temple courts and you did not lay a hand on me. But this is your hour--when darkness reigns."

So it is from this moment that Jesus enters into the Heart of the Earth, which was around midnight on the 14th Aviv and means that He was indeed in the Heart of the Earth three days and three nights.

19 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Thank you, When.

The purpose of the sabbath is to come into the presence of the Lord. Isn't it?

According to Jesus, the Spirit is always willing.
It is us that is holding us back.
That is why we have got to set aside a time, some time, to not do what we normally do with our days.
And to not let our thoughts just wander randomly, as they normally do.
It is a sacrifice.
We are sacrificing our time. And we are sacrificing our desire to do our pleasure.
And we sacrifice any proud spirit in us that might spoil our holy day with Jesus.

The sabbath isn't anything esoteric or mystical.
It is when we make our pray to God. It is when we call on His name.
I don't think anyone denies they do that.

And it's how we have a rest from our lives.
Thank You Jesus
Paul

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Revelation 7:17

Thank you Paul,

Yes that is how to keep a Sabbath. I like what you say that the purpose of the Sabbath is to come into the presence of the Lord. 

But this thread is about the when; 

The Sabbath is on the seventh day because it points to when Jesus is coming back: 

The Bible teaches us that a day is like a thousand years:

2 Peter 3:8

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the LORD a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day

Psalm 90:4

A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

The 7000 year time line reflects the seven days of creation and Jesus died on the 4000th year and there are many allusions throughout the Bible to Jesus returning on the third day (The third millennium after his death):

Luke 13:32

And he said unto them, “Go ye and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out demons, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected”.

Hosea 6:2

After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

There are many other allusions throughout the Bible to this seven thousand year process too and every week of our lives we are reminded of the coming Millennial reign when we really will live in His presence. 

On 12/11/2017 at 4:27 PM, other one said:

I think it's rather obvious that you are preaching Sabbath keeping.......       not just when it should be.......

No, please re-read what I told you about why the Sabbath is important (you did read my post about how Jesus returns on Atonement and Tabernacle?) You could also read the post I just gave Paul above, about how the Sabbath also points to Jesus' return for His Millennial Sabbath reign.  

Edited by Steve_S
Removed a profane sentence. Please don't use profanity, whether or not part of it is bleeped out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Perhaps go back to the REAL original scriptures that do not distort the truth. There were two Sabbaths that week. I have all the info if you want it, but I will not post it just to be ridiculed. The Good Friday stuff is a myth presented by Rome and other miscreants. It just shows how far the 'church' has drifted from truth. It is very very sad.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

3 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

But this thread is about the when;

Thank you, When.

When newcomers come to the Church, are they told a specific time that they have to call upon the name of the Lord?

Yes.
They say the time is now.
(And they expect you to make the ram offering right away, in the front of the congregation.)

Now is the best time to make the sabbath, but now isn't always practical.
So we make it on the weekend, when we aren't working.
And do a proper retreat when we have some vacation time.
(Or in our day of trouble, when we didn't even have a job.)

The Sabbath is on the seventh day because it points to when Jesus is coming back:

Since the sabbath is for us to come into the Lord's presence,
keeping them is how He comes.
We have to make our prayer to Him.

Lord says, Keep My sabbaths.
And said, these are the feasts of the Lord.

There are many other allusions throughout the Bible to this seven thousand year process too and every week of our lives we are reminded of the coming Millennial reign when we really will live in His presence. 

For all the reasons you gave, that's why I don't believe Saturday, or Sunday, is the sabbath day.
And it may well be significant of ages,
but I maintain, if one isn't making the sabbath, then it is not the sabbath day.
And if one is making the sabbath today, then today is a sabbath day.
And if the Lord passover, He shall feed us.

May the Lord passover
Paul 

Then shall He give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal;
and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous:
in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures.

Isaiah 30:23

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

4 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I couldn't give a s**t what anyone does on the Sabbath, even the real Sabbath. I don't do anything different either, in fact I never have tried to keep any day special but I do like a good laze about but that happens on more than one day a week :) 

But there is a time when you do make your solemn prayer to the Lord, I hope.

Those times then are your sabbaths, however you proclaim them.
Paul

11 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

Thank you, When.

When newcomers come to the Church, are they told a specific time that they have to call upon the name of the Lord?

Yes.
They say the time is now.
(And they expect you to make the ram offering right away, in the front of the congregation.)

Now is the best time to make the sabbath, but now isn't always practical.
So we make it on the weekend, when we aren't working.
And do a proper retreat when we have some vacation time.
(Or in our day of trouble, when we didn't even have a job.)

Since the sabbath is for us to come into the Lord's presence,
keeping them is how He comes.
We have to make our prayer to Him.

Lord says, Keep My sabbaths.
And said, these are the feasts of the Lord.

For all the reasons you gave, that's why I don't believe Saturday, or Sunday, is the sabbath day.
And it may well be significant of ages,
but I maintain, if one isn't making the sabbath, then it is not the sabbath day.
And if one is making the sabbath today, then today is a sabbath day.
And if the Lord passover, He shall feed us.

May the Lord passover
Paul 

Then shall He give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal;
and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous:
in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures.

Isaiah 30:23

I know your very keen on what the Sabbath means to you but this thread is about when the Sabbath really is (and you're right, it's not on Saturday or Sunday) but you will need to read the OP and other information I gave in order to understand.  

10 hours ago, HarvestLabourer said:

But there is a time when you do make your solemn prayer to the Lord, I hope.

Those times then are your sabbaths, however you proclaim them.
Paul

Unless you read the OP and other info I gave then your simply not understanding this thread. The Sabbath is when God says it is not you, me or anyone else. It is on days 8, 15, 22 & 29 of each lunar month and two others on the Day of Trumpets and the Day of Atonement. That is what God says anything else a lie.  

8 hours ago, Abdicate said:

I know you won't, but I've answered this. And if you're quoting scripture, shouldn't you take that up with God?

You make no sense there.