• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Abdicate said:

You must be Catholic. Breaking the bread of the "last supper" IS the Passover, Matt 26:17-30. Your comments and beliefs are based on anti-Semitic teachings and the reason for this thread. Return to the word of God and not man-made beliefs and made up words to hide the truth.

Don't be stupid; Catholic! :laughing:

Passover is a Jewish festival not Christian and is held each year by the Jews. 

The taking of the bread and wine is a Christian rite (or tradition) and is held as often as we wish in remembrance of Jesus. Other names include: Eucharist, Holy Communion, Lord's Supper or Breaking of bread. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

On 12/13/2017 at 7:41 PM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I know your very keen on what the Sabbath means to you but this thread is about when the Sabbath really is (and you're right, it's not on Saturday or Sunday) but you will need to read the OP and other information I gave in order to understand.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:44 PM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Unless you read the OP and other info I gave then your simply not understanding this thread. The Sabbath is when God says it is not you, me or anyone else. It is on days 8, 15, 22 & 29 of each lunar month and two others on the Day of Trumpets and the Day of Atonement. That is what God says anything else a lie.

Thank you, When.

I don't want to argue about it. I said my peace.
You keep saying to ask when, and you are saying to believe in men.
You cannot show a scripture that says God said what you just said He says.

I have tried to show (and showed the scripture), since one can proclaim and make a sabbath anytime,
all men's calendaring is just sorcery and enchantment.

They have come off teaching you how to make the sabbath,
and give you all this mumbo jumbo pretending they know when all the sabbaths shall be unto the last day.

The authors obviously never made a true sabbath yet themselves.
I say, don't eat their leaven.
Go make the sabbath instead.

I first made the sabbath by following Jesus' instructions in Matthew chapter 6.

Thank You Jesus :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations,
to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering,
a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon His day:
Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings,
which ye give unto the LORD.

Leviticus 23:37-38

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:41 AM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I know your very keen on what the Sabbath means to you but this thread is about when the Sabbath really is (and you're right, it's not on Saturday or Sunday) but you will need to read the OP and other information I gave in order to understand.  

God's Sabbath day is on the seventh day of every week...Genesis 2....creation week day 7was created by Him, He rested, Blessed the day and sanctified it (made it Holy)....He commanded it be kept in Exodus 20 

On 16/12/2017 at 12:31 AM, HarvestLabourer said:

Thank you, When.

I don't want to argue about it. I said my peace.
You keep saying to ask when, and you are saying to believe in men.
You cannot show a scripture that says God said what you just said He says.

I have tried to show (and showed the scripture), since one can proclaim and make a sabbath anytime,
all men's calendaring is just sorcery and enchantment.

They have come off teaching you how to make the sabbath,
and give you all this mumbo jumbo pretending they know when all the sabbaths shall be unto the last day.

The authors obviously never made a true sabbath yet themselves.
I say, don't eat their leaven.
Go make the sabbath instead.

I first made the sabbath by following Jesus' instructions in Matthew chapter 6.

Thank You Jesus :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations,
to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering,
a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon His day:
Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings,
which ye give unto the LORD.

Leviticus 23:37-38

That's because you're not reading the Bible verses about God's Calendar and understanding what you are reading. This is a huge study but I can give a few examples where God's lunar Calendar is shown but there's way too much to explain. 

In Samuel it shows God is naming day 1 of the month (new moon day) a feast day when they rested but this is not a Sabbath. (Although there is an exception for day 1 of the Month of Tishri (month 7) which is called a Sabbath:

Leviticus 23:23-14

The Lord said to Moses, 24Say to the Israelites: ‘On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of sabbath rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts.

1 Samuel 20:18 + 24-27

18 Then Jonathan said to David, “Tomorrow is the New Moon feast [Day 1]. You will be missed, because your seat will be empty.

24 So David hid in the field, and when the New Moon feast came [Day 1], the king sat down to eat. 25 He sat in his customary place by the wall, opposite Jonathan, and Abner sat next to Saul, but David’s place was empty. 26 Saul said nothing that day, for he thought, “Something must have happened to David to make him ceremonially unclean, surely he is unclean.” 27 But the next day, the second day of the month, [Day 2] David’s place was empty again. Then Saul said to his son Jonathan, “Why hasn’t the son of Jesse come to the meal, either yesterday or today?”

Then there are 6 days of work and a Sabbath on day 8 then after 6 more days the next Sabbath is the 15th as shown here:

Leviticus 23:4-16

4 “ ‘These are the Lord’s appointed festivals, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: 5 The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day [day 15] hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8 For seven days present a food offering to the Lord. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.’ ”9 The Lord said to Moses, 10“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before the Lord so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the SABBATH [DAY 15]. 12 On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to the Lord a lamb a year old without defect, 13 together with its grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with olive oil—a food offering presented to the Lord, a pleasing aroma—and its drink offering of a quarter of a hin of wine. 14 You must not eat any bread, or roasted or new grain, until the very day you bring this offering to your God. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. 15 “ ‘From the day after the SABBATH,

Again it shows day 15 and also day 22 on the 7th month is a Sabbath;

Leviticus 23:39

"'So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the LORD for seven days; the first day is a day of SABBATH rest, and the eighth day also is a day of SABBATH rest.

Also, in Exodus chapter 16 it can be determined that a Sabbath in the second month after leaving Egypt fell on day 22 of that month, and therefore shows that God’s Calendar, and his Sabbaths, are most certainly linked to the phases of the moon on days 8, 15, 22 & 29:

Exodus 16:1-26

1 The whole Israelite community set out from Elim, and came to the Desert of Sin, which is between Elim, and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month [Day 15] after they had come out of Egypt. 2 In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. 3 The Israelites said to them, “If only we had died by the LORD’S hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death.” 4 Then the LORD said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from Heaven for you. The people are to go out each day, and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 5 On the sixth day [Day 21] they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.” 6 So Moses and Aaron said to all the Israelites, “In the evening [Day 16] you will know that it was the LORD who brought you out of Egypt, 7 and in the morning [Also day 16] you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?” 8 Moses also said, “You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening, and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD.” 9 Then Moses told Aaron, “Say to the entire Israelite community, ‘Come before the LORD, for he has heard your grumbling.’ ” 10 While Aaron was speaking to the whole Israelite community, they looked toward the desert, and there was the glory of the LORD appearing in the cloud. 11 The LORD said to Moses, 12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘In the evening[Beginning of day 16] you will eat meat, and in the morning [Also day 16] you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.’ ” 13 That evening [Day 16] quail came, and covered the camp, and in the morning [Also day 16] there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. 15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was. Moses said to them, “It is the bread the LORD has given you to eat. 16 This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer for each person you have in your tent.’” 17 The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. 18 And when they measured it by the omer, the one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed. 19 Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.” 20 However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. 21 Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. 22 On the sixth day [Day 21], they gathered twice as much, two omers for each person, and the leaders of the community came, and reported this to Moses. 23 He said to them, “This is what the LORD commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of SABBATH rest, [Day 22] a holy SABBATH to the LORD. So bake what you want to bake, and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left, and keep it until morning.’ ” 24 So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. 25 “Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a SABBATH to the LORD. You will not find any of it on the ground today. 26 Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the SABBATH, there will not be any.”

So here it shows God names day twenty-two of the second month after leaving Egypt a Sabbath (four times). This was not a feast day that God was initiating, otherwise it would be listed with the others in Leviticus. This a significant because the first ever Passover was held on Day fifteen of month 1 after leaving Egypt. Also, as it’s known that the new moon festival was held on day one of every lunar month, it can be determined, with certainty, that God’s Calendar had four Sabbaths every lunar month, on days 8, 15, 22, and 29 with six days of work preceding each Sabbath.

As said there many more in the Bible but to explain them all as well takes much more study than this as these are just the easy to understand ones and so is best to look at the links within the link I gave you.

On 16/12/2017 at 7:58 AM, heretoeternity said:

God's Sabbath day is on the seventh day of every week...Genesis 2....creation week day 7was created by Him, He rested, Blessed the day and sanctified it (made it Holy)....He commanded it be kept in Exodus 20 

1. It is reasonable to assume that Jesus kept the Sabbath and therefore the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts must have been common knowledge at this time.

2. After the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews no longer had a temple to sacrifice in nor a priesthood to do it, as they had all been killed. The Romans virtually killed everyone in Jerusalem and Massada where the rest of the rebels ran to. This left the Jewish population decimated and of the Jews living else where in Israel who had survived, by cow-towing to the Romans, very few return or decided to live in Jerusalem after 70 AD. The Sanhedrin however did mange to largely survive and formed a seat of rabbinic learning in the south of Galilee, where they maintained the practice of keeping the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, New Moons and a Annual Feasts by travelling to Jerusalem each month to sight the new moon.

3. Over the successive generations from 70 AD onwards these traumatic events had forced the Jews to look for sanctuary within the rest of the Roman Empire and beyond, in what was called the Diaspora. They were refugees scattered in small groups and families, struggling to survive in foreign countries where they were more often than not treated as the lowest of the low.

4. Then after the Simon Bar Kokbha revolt between 132 - 135 AD and Emperor Hadrian's violent retaliation which was one of Rome's largest ever military responses to rebellion within the empire, with some 13 legions being sent (only 4 were sent in 70 AD for example). Hadrian then banned all Jews from even being with in eye sight of Jerusalem by pain of death and after this there were even fewer Jews living in Israel. This also meant the Sanhedrin could no longer visually sight the new moon from Jerusalem in order to know when their Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts were, and even though the new moon could be sighted from Jerusalem up to 135 AD this meant nothing to the poor survivors living abroad, as there was no way these monthly sightings could be sent to them quickly enough for them to calculate when the Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts were really meant to be. They could try to sight the new moon from wherever they were but then this would be on different days compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west.

5. Instead the Jews found themselves living in an empire which was being taken over by the new Roman Julian calendar, named after Julius Caesar. This new calendar that first took effect in the province of Rome had started on 1st January 45 BC and this day was named 'Friday' (each of the 7 days of this new calendar was given a new name, named after a Roman god). However, the dates and days before 1st January 45 BC were calculated by the Roman using a completely different ancient Roman calendar, that had an 8 day week, and these 8 days were simply named A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H (8 days) and which had been used for hundreds years by the Romans just in the province of Rome. The new Julian calendar's 7 day week was created by Sosigenes the Greek Mathematician and it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar 7 day week, as they were totally separate from each other. It then took about 400 years before all the other countries within the Roman Empire were eventually forced to use the new Julian calendar with it's new 7 day week.

6. As the new Roman Julian 7 day week, which began separately from the ancient Hebrew 7 day week, began to take over the Roman Empire, the early church (that was mainly made up of non-Jews after Peter the first Pope) simply used the new Julian calendar's 7th day (Saturday) as the Sabbath, even though it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar and its reckoning of when the Sabbath was. The Roman Catholic church carried on with this regardless of the fact that the Julian calendar was totally different from the ancient Hebrew calendar.

7. From 135 AD to 321 AD over half a dozen generations came and went, with each generation of impoverished Jews continuing the struggle to survive within the Roman Empire. As each generation lived and worked in these countries that were using the new 7 day Julian week, it meant that more and more Jews were forced to work on their Sabbath, as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar, or face becoming even more impoverished. While they tried to maintain as much of their traditions as possible most could not keep their Sabbaths, New Moons or Annual Feasts on the correct day as calculated by their ancient Hebrew calendar. As said even if they tried to sight the new moon from wherever they were living this would not be on the same day compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west, and more importantly on the day the new moon would be sighted from Jerusalem. As each generation gradually came and went it became harder and harder to NOT fit in with the new Roman Julian 7 day working week and its Saturday Sabbath. Eventually over these generations the ancient reckoning of the Sabbath, as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar was practically lost to history and the Jews living in the Empire gradually accepted Saturday as the Sabbath more and more.

8. Then in 321 AD the Roman Emperor Constantine who hated the Jews (along with most of the rest of the Roman world) changed the day of rest on the new Julian calendar from Saturday to Sunday, this forced the impoverished Jews to either work on what many thought by now was the Sabbath (Saturday) or become even more impoverished. This caused and has since caused even more confusion amongst Christians and Jews as to when the real Sabbath is, as really it has never been on Saturday or Sunday on the Roman Julian calendar but has always been calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar.

9. In response to all this in 359 AD Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II in Israel created the new modern Jewish calendar which uses the mathematically calculated Metonic 19 year lunar cycle, that allows Jews to celebrate all of their New Moon Days and Annual Feast Days on the same day no matter where in the world they live (even though half of the time it is a day out compared to the visually sighted new moon from Jerusalem). However, although this gives a good approximation of when the Jewish New Moon Days and Annual Feast are, Hillel appears to have not attempted to try and get the Jews to also follow the original Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar. The reason for this was because the Jews who were scattered across the Roman Empire and beyond, were still simply struggling to survive and had become so used to the new Julian calendar and it's Saturday Sabbath, that if they would have tried to have gone back to worshipping on the correct day as reckoned by their ancient Hebrew calendar, it would have placed a further burden on them and put them at risk of being even more persecuted, because taking days off work that were calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar rather than fitting in with the Julian Saturday Sabbath would have caused confusion and more resentment towards them.

10. The Hebrew calendar and it reckoning of when the Sabbath really was drifted from human history to be almost forgotten. This calendar that was once common knowledge to the ancient Hebrews and the authors of the Bible never thought it necessary to explain this calendar in one convenient place, as they never envisaged a time when it would not be used. However, hidden amongst the scriptures of the Bible are many references to the ancient Hebrew calendar and its Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts, which can be sifted out and reconstructed. This is not an easy thing to do however, if it was then more people would know about it but then most people don't even know about all the above information either, so it is understandable if you have never heard about where and how these snippets of scripture explain the ancient Hebrew calendar. Their are various studies on the ancient Hebrew calendar as describes in the Bible and here are a few that are helpful:

https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/start-reading-the-book/

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/sabtosat.htm

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

5 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

That's because you're not reading the Bible verses about God's Calendar and understanding what you are reading. This is a huge study but I can give a few examples where God's lunar Calendar is shown but there's way too much to explain. 

So here it shows God names day twenty-two of the second month after leaving Egypt a Sabbath (four times). ...

Thank you, When.

All the days and months were fullfilled for me, because I followed on to do the commandments.
As your article says there, they are the measures of time from when we came out of Egypt (the land of bondage), and began doing the feast of weeks.

Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread:
(thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month Abib;
for in it thou came out from Egypt: and none shall appear before Me empty:)

Exodus 23:15

I don't know when the month of Abib is, but I sure remember when the Lord brought me out of "Egypt",
because He brought me out with a strong hand.

~`
In response to your list. I'll try to keep it brief.

1. A day to the Lord can be as a thousand years to us.(2 Peter 3:8)

2. The body is the temple of the Holy Ghost.  (John 2:21, 1 Corinthians 6:19)

3. Men are expelled from God's kingdom when they won't keep the commandments. (Leviticus 20:22)

4. A Roman centurion showed Jesus more faith than He had seen in all of Israel. (Matthew 8:10)

5-8. The Jews were allowed by God to be forced into exile,
for fussing over calendars and such, instead of doing the commandments as God commanded,
and in exile they were lost without their calendar.

9. A rabbi came along to save them, by restoring their calendar, but for a number of reasons they couldn't be saved.

10. Salvation was all but lost to mankind since the calendar was lost, but thanks to some diligent people's hard word, the ancient calendar is resurrected now, and people can pray at the correct God designated times now. If we believe those hard working well meaning calendar makers.

11. Did those calendar makers then go and make the sabbath as God commands, when the holy day came around on their calendar?

12. When we make the sabbath, and come before the Lord, we can just ask Him when. We can ask Him whatever we want. Can't we?

The Lord, when He comes, comes like a thief in the night. No man knows the hour.
This is what we are told.
So the sabbath for me a retreat from my daily life, in which I make my eye single for the Lord,
and I wait for His arrival.
Making the eye single for the Lord simply means not having an eye for anything else.
I don't think about eating or drinking, or working, or family or friends or self.

It is a sacrifice.
Even so, praise Jesus :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

Go to now, ye rich men,
weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

James 5:1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

The point of this thread is to show the Sabbath is not on Saturday or Sunday but it is actually lunar and therefore:

1. Educate the body of Christ that any arguments over whether Saturday or Sunday is the Sabbath is completely void and stop this particular debate.

2. Shows that any denomination whether Catholic, protestant or SDA etc that they have the wrong day completely and therefore should not believe they do thus squashing any pride that have about it which would be a good thing for all.

3. For Jews and Muslims to also recognise this and understand when God really says the day of rest is. 

4. For the body of Christ to know when the real Sabbath is so that they can, if they wish, honour God on the Sabbath. 

4a. For anyone who already is trying to honour God on the Sabbath to actually do this on the right day, which is technically needed in order to uphold the 4th commandment.   

5. For Christians to recognise how God's Calendar will be used in the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem when they will need it in order to sacrifice on the right days.

6. For some Christians to not be confused that Sunday is the mark of the beast as Saturday is as equally bad if they think Saturday is the right day (SDA's et al do this) .   

If we trace the Sabbath using our familiar Gregorian/Julian calendars we get all the way back to Friday 1st of January 45BC which was the very first day of the new Roman Julian 7 day week calendar but the days before this date were calculated using the ancient Roman calendar that had an 8 day week, where the days were named A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H (8 days) and which had been used for hundreds years. Here's a picture of it written in stone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Meanwhile over a 1000 miles away in Israel the Israelites had of course been using using there own separate 7 day week calendar for hundreds of years prior to the Roman people (and their calendars) even existing. This means the Roman Julian 7 day week created in 45BC and the Israelite 7 day week going all the way back to creation are totally separate and therefore the Sabbath can not be calculated using our modern Julian/Gregorian calendar. This can be hard to understand but it makes perfect sense once you do.

The evidence is clear that the lunar Sabbath was gradually lost to history starting 70AD when the diaspora began to 359AD when Hillel II created the modern Jewish calendar and simply allowed the new Roman Julian 7 day rolling week to be used. This was because the Jews throughout the Roman Empire had been using the new Roman Julian 7 day rolling week for many generations before 359AD as it was by then the predominant calendar in use; And also because the lunar Sabbath could not be calculated as the Jews had been banned from living Jerusalem ever since the Simon Bar Kokhba revolt in 132AD, which meant they could no longer sight the new moon from Jerusalem and therefore could not know when each month really began and thus could not even know when the lunar Sabbaths really were. In addition in 321AD the Roman Emperor Constantine changed the day of rest from Saturday to Sunday thus causing even further confusion as to when the Sabbath really is.

If you want to know when the Sabbath really is please read either of these links:

And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

The weekly cycle was the only time so they came to worship, and this would have been at the end of the week, the seventh day, different than all the others. It was given by God from Creation, made for man, blessed and pronounced holy, consecrated, set apart for holy use.

• 3 weeks later...

On 20/12/2017 at 6:43 AM, Hobie_ said:
And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

The weekly cycle was the only time so they came to worship, and this would have been at the end of the week, the seventh day, different than all the others. It was given by God from Creation, made for man, blessed and pronounced holy, consecrated, set apart for holy use.

1. It is reasonable to assume that Jesus kept the Sabbath and therefore the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts must have been common knowledge at this time.

2. After the sacking of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews no longer had a temple to sacrifice in nor a priesthood to do it, as they had all been killed. The Romans virtually killed everyone in Jerusalem and Massada where the rest of the rebels ran to. This left the Jewish population decimated and of the Jews living else where in Israel who had survived, by cow-towing to the Romans, very few return or decided to live in Jerusalem after 70 AD. The Sanhedrin however did mange to largely survive and formed a seat of rabbinic learning in the south of Galilee, where they maintained the practice of keeping the ancient Hebrew calendar and it's Sabbaths, New Moons and a Annual Feasts by travelling to Jerusalem each month to sight the new moon.

3. Over the successive generations from 70 AD onwards these traumatic events had forced the Jews to look for sanctuary within the rest of the Roman Empire and beyond, in what was called the Diaspora. They were refugees scattered in small groups and families, struggling to survive in foreign countries where they were more often than not treated as the lowest of the low.

4. Then after the Simon Bar Kokbha revolt between 132 - 135 AD and Emperor Hadrian's violent retaliation which was one of Rome's largest ever military responses to rebellion within the empire, with some 13 legions being sent (only 4 were sent in 70 AD for example). Hadrian then banned all Jews from even being with in eye sight of Jerusalem by pain of death and after this there were even fewer Jews living in Israel. This also meant the Sanhedrin could no longer visually sight the new moon from Jerusalem in order to know when their Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts were, and even though the new moon could be sighted from Jerusalem up to 135 AD this meant nothing to the poor survivors living abroad, as there was no way these monthly sightings could be sent to them quickly enough for them to calculate when the Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts were really meant to be. They could try to sight the new moon from wherever they were but then this would be on different days compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west.

5. Instead the Jews found themselves living in an empire which was being taken over by the new Roman Julian calendar, named after Julius Caesar. This new calendar that first took effect in the province of Rome had started on 1st January 45 BC and this day was named 'Friday' (each of the 7 days of this new calendar was given a new name, named after a Roman god). However, the dates and days before 1st January 45 BC were calculated by the Roman using a completely different ancient Roman calendar, that had an 8 day week, and these 8 days were simply named A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H (8 days) and which had been used for hundreds years by the Romans just in the province of Rome. The new Julian calendar's 7 day week was created by Sosigenes the Greek Mathematician and it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar 7 day week, as they were totally separate from each other. It then took about 400 years before all the other countries within the Roman Empire were eventually forced to use the new Julian calendar with it's new 7 day week.

6. As the new Roman Julian 7 day week, which began separately from the ancient Hebrew 7 day week, began to take over the Roman Empire, the early church (that was mainly made up of non-Jews after Peter the first Pope) simply used the new Julian calendar's 7th day (Saturday) as the Sabbath, even though it had nothing to do with the ancient Hebrew calendar and its reckoning of when the Sabbath was. The Roman Catholic church carried on with this regardless of the fact that the Julian calendar was totally different from the ancient Hebrew calendar.

7. From 135 AD to 321 AD over half a dozen generations came and went, with each generation of impoverished Jews continuing the struggle to survive within the Roman Empire. As each generation lived and worked in these countries that were using the new 7 day Julian week, it meant that more and more Jews were forced to work on their Sabbath, as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar, or face becoming even more impoverished. While they tried to maintain as much of their traditions as possible most could not keep their Sabbaths, New Moons or Annual Feasts on the correct day as calculated by their ancient Hebrew calendar. As said even if they tried to sight the new moon from wherever they were living this would not be on the same day compared to Jews who were living further to the east or west, and more importantly on the day the new moon would be sighted from Jerusalem. As each generation gradually came and went it became harder and harder to NOT fit in with the new Roman Julian 7 day working week and its Saturday Sabbath. Eventually over these generations the ancient reckoning of the Sabbath, as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar was practically lost to history and the Jews living in the Empire gradually accepted Saturday as the Sabbath more and more.

8. Then in 321 AD the Roman Emperor Constantine who hated the Jews (along with most of the rest of the Roman world) changed the day of rest on the new Julian calendar from Saturday to Sunday, this forced the impoverished Jews to either work on what many thought by now was the Sabbath (Saturday) or become even more impoverished. This caused and has since caused even more confusion amongst Christians and Jews as to when the real Sabbath is, as really it has never been on Saturday or Sunday on the Roman Julian calendar but has always been calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar.

9. In response to all this in 359 AD Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II in Israel created the new modern Jewish calendar which uses the mathematically calculated Metonic 19 year lunar cycle, that allows Jews to celebrate all of their New Moon Days and Annual Feast Days on the same day no matter where in the world they live (even though half of the time it is a day out compared to the visually sighted new moon from Jerusalem). However, although this gives a good approximation of when the Jewish New Moon Days and Annual Feast are, Hillel appears to have not attempted to try and get the Jews to also follow the original Sabbath as calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar. The reason for this was because the Jews who were scattered across the Roman Empire and beyond, were still simply struggling to survive and had become so used to the new Julian calendar and it's Saturday Sabbath, that if they would have tried to have gone back to worshipping on the correct day as reckoned by their ancient Hebrew calendar, it would have placed a further burden on them and put them at risk of being even more persecuted, because taking days off work that were calculated by the ancient Hebrew calendar rather than fitting in with the Julian Saturday Sabbath would have caused confusion and more resentment towards them.

10. The Hebrew calendar and it reckoning of when the Sabbath really was drifted from human history to be almost forgotten. This calendar that was once common knowledge to the ancient Hebrews and the authors of the Bible never thought it necessary to explain this calendar in one convenient place, as they never envisaged a time when it would not be used. However, hidden amongst the scriptures of the Bible are many references to the ancient Hebrew calendar and its Sabbaths, New Moons and Annual Feasts, which can be sifted out and reconstructed. This is not an easy thing to do however, if it was then more people would know about it but then most people don't even know about all the above information either, so it is understandable if you have never heard about where and how these snippets of scripture explain the ancient Hebrew calendar. Their are various studies on the ancient Hebrew calendar as describes in the Bible and here are a few that are helpful: