WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,078
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The U.S. economy’s growth rate last quarter was revised upward to the fastest in three years on stronger investment from businesses and government agencies than previously estimated, Commerce Department data showed Wednesday.

The latest results for GDP, the value of all goods and services produced, show the economy withstood major hurricanes to reach a more solid footing as it entered the final stretch of the year, thanks to stronger business spending that’s helping cushion a softer pace of consumption.

Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Wednesday, just before the GDP report, that the expansion is “increasingly broad based across sectors as well as across much of the global economy.” [ Source: Bloomberg (Read More...) ]

View the full article

Guest shiloh357
35 minutes ago, Butero said:

It is good to see the economy moving in the right direction.  Things will continue to go well if the Republicans can get their act together, get this tax cut done and get rid of Obamacare as they promised to do.  

It refutes those who still try to argue that Trump isn't doing anything right that he is lousy president. 

The ignorant anti-Trumpers/never-Trumpers set themselves at such a rigid immovable position that they cannot really admit that Trump isn't as bad as predicted without betraying their hard-line stance.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

It refutes those who still try to argue that Trump isn't doing anything right that he is lousy president. 

The ignorant anti-Trumpers/never-Trumpers set themselves at such a rigid immovable position that they cannot really admit that Trump isn't as bad as predicted without betraying their hard-line stance.

Since you are giving Trump credit for this, did you give Obama credit when the GDP growth was this high 3 years ago?   I did a search and could not find you doing so. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Since you are giving Trump credit for this, did you give Obama credit when the GDP growth was this high 3 years ago?   I did a search and could not find you doing so.

Gator, could you not have just as easily responded with facts, and make it about the topic, instead of worrying about what Shiloh has or has not said?

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Gator, could you really not have found a way to just respond with facts and not make this about what Shiloh is doing or has done?

It is not about Shiloh in particular but about the whole partisan divide.   Trump is given credit for this jump in GDP growth, which was the highest in 3 years.  But nobody on this board will give the person that was POTUS 3 years ago any credit for the GDP growth at the time. 

The reality is that neither man had much of anything to do with it as the POTUS has very little effect on such things at all.  All these things are cyclical and are going to occur no matter who is sitting in the White House.  Our entire economic system was designed to ebb and flow as a matter of control. 

Anyone that wants more knowledge on this topic should read "Fragile By Design".  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

16 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It is not about Shiloh in particular but about the whole partisan divide. 

No, you made it about Shiloh when you said:

What I mean is you could have just said:

"Presidents often get blame or credit for things they may or may not have had much effect upon. There was a growth in GDP three years ago, while Obama was president."

There is no reason that you cannot make a factual point, without looking to point out inconsistencies in the posting habits of others. That is what your reply was about, unless you did not mean what your words say!

Similarly this post of mine, is not about the topic, but about you and your behavior and posting habits, and it is that kind of thing, that makes political topics here at Worthy, the most frequently toxic. If you want to inform, then inform. There is no need to make it personal about other members, as I have just demonstrated, by pointing out both what you did, and what you could have done.

Besides all that, Shiloh did not need to give Obama credit, that is not his job, and the title of this thread, already mentions that this happened three years ago also.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Actually, I did address it some time back and I pointed out that the "growth"  was due jobs created that didn't really provide any kind of prosperity.   The jobs they created were a lot of minimum wage jobs, part-time jobs and temp jobs.  They counted everything including seasonable jobs around Christmas in order to bump up the numbers.

The job numbers NOW reflect far more confidence in the private corporate sector and on Wall Street and also jobs being created that are far better paying jobs.  The Jobs that the Trump administration are interested in are higher paying jobs in manufacturing and industries that promote prosperity. 

So yes, Obama gets the credit for the crappy, meaningless, worthless jobs created on his watch.  I am more than happy to give credit where credit is due.

Guest shiloh357
38 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It is not about Shiloh in particular but about the whole partisan divide.   Trump is given credit for this jump in GDP growth, which was the highest in 3 years.  But nobody on this board will give the person that was POTUS 3 years ago any credit for the GDP growth at the time. 

The reality is that neither man had much of anything to do with it as the POTUS has very little effect on such things at all. 

Oh please...  If the economy were tanking right now, the anti-Trumpers would waste NO time blaming Trump all over the place.

In fact, they were predicting in October and November that the economy would tank if Trump got elected. Mark Cuban promised that if Trump won, it will kill the economy.

Edited by shiloh357

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, I did address it some time back and I pointed out that the "growth"  was due jobs created that didn't really provide any kind of prosperity.   The jobs they created were a lot of minimum wage jobs, part-time jobs and temp jobs.  They counted everything including seasonable jobs around Christmas in order to bump up the numbers.

The job numbers NOW reflect far more confidence in the private corporate sector and on Wall Street and also jobs being created that are far better paying jobs.  The Jobs that the Trump administration are interested in are higher paying jobs in manufacturing and industries that promote prosperity. 

So yes, Obama gets the credit for the crappy, meaningless, worthless jobs created on his watch.  I am more than happy to give credit where credit is due.

Yes, you have stated many times that the jobs being created now are somehow better than the ones that were being created in the past 6 years. But you have never once supplied any evidence to support this claim.

Devoid of any evidence to support the claim I have no choice but to reject it.

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Yes, you have stated many times that the jobs being created now are somehow better than the ones that were being created in the past 6 years. But you have never once supplied any evidence to support this claim.

Devoid of any evidence to support the claim I have no choice but to reject it.

Fortunately, I don't have any need or reason to waste time trying to prove anything to you. 

What I said is true and the important thing is that you can't refute it.