• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,   Seems many  women that have chemo treatment going on  have a head covering. Unless you wear earmuffs, I don't believe I would thnk  even once about what you have, or don't have, on your head.

A head covering because of having lost your hair because of cancer and getting Chemotherapy and covering your head and doing it because it is a submission to Christ are two very different things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A head covering because of having lost your hair because of cancer and getting Chemotherapy and covering your head and doing it because it is a submission to Christ are two very different things.

LOL -Thank you for that very special enlightenment.  -Chuckles galore

The point evidently missed is that wearing a head covering  of most any kind can mean so many things that it is meaningless to concern ones self about what others might think, construe, or misconstrue about it. Fact is no one is going to much care one way  or another if they even notice it.

Well unless it is a Crips red do rag wore while on blue do rag Bloods turf. ( Used to be other way round- I think )

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

My hometown also : large Muslim community) , I understand your comments BL but what are their headscarves symbolising?  Submission? And to whom?

Miss Muffet mentioned earlier that culture now defines what we do and how we behave. Personally,  while not demeaning culture in any way, I believe the Bible is now and always will be our defining authority. Now I admit that I don't completely understand Paul's reasoning behind head coverings. What I observe however,  culturally,  is women, even in the church, following the dictates of fashion by dyeing, braiding, and decorating themselves in order to draw attention to themselves. This is what Paul was thinking about I think, at least partially. 

As for the Muslim women I have no idea as to their motives as far as authority and submission is concerned but I do find the practice refreshingly modest in a society riven with vanity and pride.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

LOL -Thank you for that very special enlightenment.  -Chuckles galore

The point evidently missed is that wearing a head covering  of most any kind can mean so many things that it is meaningless to concern ones self about what others might think, construe, or misconstrue about it. Fact is no one is going to much care one way  or another if they even notice it.

Well unless it is a Crips red do rag wore while on blue do rag Bloods turf. ( Used to be other way round- I think )

It is a personal choice. It has nothing to do with submission to Christ.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Covering our heads when praying or prophesying.......because of the angels, which potentially could fall........it is a sign of authority on our heads........to me it it is a way of communicating I belong to Someone and not available to anyone else, like wearing a wedding ring.....I find it is a reminder to both myself and angels as well as anyone in the church (some of whom could be angels, since we can entertain angels unawares) like a kind of unspoken boundary line.  We are not to take thought about what to wear, so we shouldn't have to beat our brains too hard......any kind of modest hat or scarf serves just fine in my opinion, whatever we are most comfortable in.  Personally I prefer a scarf...not too hot indoors and leaves less of a hat-head, also much less expensive and easy to carry in a purse.

because of the angels, which potentially could fall.

Do you have scripture for this?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It is a personal choice

That's your personal choice.

It has nothing to do with submission to Christ.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people who want to do this with  submission to Jesus, that's their choice, don't you think?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Ooops.   What church says this ?  ^^^^

(this is contrary to all Scripture says)

As written, and unchanged:

God is the head of Christ. 

Christ is the head of man.

Man is the head of woman.

This never changes .....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Who said ?

From Scripture, those that fell, fell.  Nothing written about future angels falling, is there ?

"For the angels" is a good testimony of obedience and God's order of authority, as written.

Quite possibly. If you take the Bible literally, fallen angles literally, and Genesis 6: 1-4 literally, along with Flavis Josephus, early church fathers and Jewish Rabbis along with many others. There were at least two incursions of angles that fell and left their first estate. Sounds to me Paul might be referring maybe back to Genesis 6: 1-4 pertaining to a woman's head covering not to encourage another evil angelic incursion (1 Corinthians 4 - 12), and in particular verse 10. 

There is an order of rank and power in the spiritual realm I won't get into. But I believe the lowest evil spiritual beings (demons) are not fallen angels. I believe demons are the disembodied spirits of the sons of the fallen angels who left their first estate and co-mingled with whom all they chose (Nephilim), and their offspring also that perished in the flood and were killed by Israel. 

Personally, thinking of the literal angelic incursion and giants, makes so much more sense and logic than the line of Seth / Cain view. But that's just my hermeneutical view.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

What you think is a symbol of modesty is not their for that reason. It is far from nice. Their head covering & conservative clothing it is because of oppressive dictatorial punitive sharia law enforced by males , that promotes male sexual predation upon females with men having no responsibility for sexual assault. Women are forced to cover up so as not to trigger male sexual aggression. Even tiny under age  little girls.  

Oh okay. So you think Muslim women would prefer not to wear a covering and give the men carte blanche? Might I suggest that regardless of the source of authority it is still modesty. 

What is the source of authority do you think that allows for western Christian women to wear skimpy bikinis at the beach and pretend western men aren't affected?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

pertaining to a woman's head covering not to encourage another evil angelic incursion

I did a quick search and found that this kind of idea came from paganism and heathens, not from the BIBLE, nor from God, nor from Christians.