• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

31 minutes ago, angels4u said:

That's your personal choice.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people who want to do this with  submission to Jesus, that's their choice, don't you think?

angels if they are saying that wearing a head covering is submission to Christ then that is false doctrine. Like I said it is only a personal choice. Nothing that the NT says has to do with submission to Christ in a woman covering her head for today's culture,maybe way back in the times of Paul and the disciples. It is more important that a woman dresses modest than wearing a head covering 1 Timothy 2:9-10.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, missmuffet said:

angels if they are saying that wearing a head covering is submission to Christ then that is false doctrine. Like I said if is only a personal choice. Nothing that the NT says we have to do with submission to Christ.

Even unbelievers may realize it is the testimony of a good conscience before the Father in Heaven, subject to His Word,

as Christ is the head of man, so also man is the head of woman, as the covering testifies faithfully and true.

Even Christ is subject,  to God the Father, and perfectly so.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I did a quick search and found that this kind of idea came from paganism and heathens, not from the BIBLE, nor from God, nor from Christians.

Then what's the Apostle Paul referring to in 1 Corinthians 4: 10? I suspect it's a allusion to another incursion. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

angels if they are saying that wearing a head covering is submission to Christ then that is false doctrine. Like I said it is only a personal choice. Nothing that the NT says has to do with submission to Christ in a woman covering her head for today's culture,maybe way back in the times of Paul and the disciples. It is more important that a woman dresses modest than wearing a head covering 1 Timothy 2:9-10.

It's not a false gospel, I know many Christians who wear head coverings, they are very sincere Christians and you're telling them that their gospel is false?

I have much respect for them and would not dare to judge them in any way, one of my friends who  died ,she wore a veil for as long as I know her and I know that she left her testimony of faith behind, she was a beautiful Christian!

• Group:  Royal Member

Just now, angels4u said:

It's not a false gospel, I know many Christians who wear head coverings, they are very sincere Christians and you're telling them that their gospel is false?

I have much respect for them and would not dare to judge them in any way, one of my friends who  died ,she wore a veil for as long as I know her and I know that she left her testimony of faith behind, she was a beautiful Christian!

It is not a subject that is the most important in bringing a person to Christ. It is not for us to reject any person who wears a head covering since it is only a personal choice. We can still like that person but if they tell me I can not walk into a Church without wearing a head covering I am afraid I would have to correct that.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It is not a subject that is the most important in bringing a person to Christ. It is not for us to reject any person who wears a head covering since it is only a personal choice. We can still like that person but if they tell me I can not walk into a Church without wearing a head covering I am afraid I would have to correct that.

it is only a personal choice. 

They choose to be obedient to what the Holy Spirit told them to do.

Please do not judge.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Question: what men are we to be in submission to?  I respect and honor our pastors but don't obey them in non spiritual matters.  I respect and treasure the advice of my sons but I make the final decisions.  So who is my head when I have no husband?  If God is now my head, then I would be disrespectful to wear a covering.  

1Co 11:5  YLT  and every woman praying or prophesying with the head uncovered, doth dishonour her own head, for it is one and the same thing with her being shaven,  1Co 11:6  for if a woman is not covered—then let her be shorn, and if it is a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven—let her be covered;   

Having a shaved head no longer means we are temple prostitutes so it is no longer a disgrace.  This was speaking to Paul's culture.  But if a woman chooses to cover her head in respect to her husband or father, that is fine.  My hair is cut short; I don't see that it needs to be covered since it no longer has the same meaning as it once did.  We no longer have temple prostitutes.  It is no longer considered a disgrace for a woman to have a short hair cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Question: what men are we to be in submission to?  I respect and honor our pastors but don't obey them in non spiritual matters.  I respect and treasure the advice of my sons but I make the final decisions.  So who is my head when I have no husband?  If God is now my head, then I would be disrespectful to wear a covering.  

1Co 11:5  YLT  and every woman praying or prophesying with the head uncovered, doth dishonour her own head, for it is one and the same thing with her being shaven,  1Co 11:6  for if a woman is not covered—then let her be shorn, and if it is a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven—let her be covered;   

Having a shaved head no longer means we are temple prostitutes so it is no longer a disgrace.  This was speaking to Paul's culture.  But if a woman chooses to cover her head in respect to her husband or father, that is fine.  My hair is cut short; I don't see that it needs to be covered since it no longer has the same meaning as it once did.  We no longer have temple prostitutes.  It is no longer considered a disgrace for a woman to have a short hair cut.

My hair is very short as well Willa. And the head covering issue is not an issue for today's culture.

13 minutes ago, angels4u said:

They choose to be obedient to what the Holy Spirit told them to do.

Please do not judge.

I am not judging angel I am just saying that head covering is not an issue for today. Women can do what they want but it is not important in the eyes of God.I am not into trying to get the last word in so this is my last post.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Who said ?

From Scripture, those that fell, fell.  Nothing written about future angels falling, is there ?

"For the angels" is a good testimony of obedience and God's order of authority, as written.

Didn't intend to get into too deep a discussion about it, since the OP would like to keep the thread pretty specific.  Yes, it's a sign of authority........because of the angels.  What is a sign......like God putting a rainbow in the sky as a sign of His covenant......a sign is a reminder.  And a reminder in faith has power.  Part of this is understanding about angels.....remember how in Revelations in at least one place an angel told John he was one of the brethren just like John....some mystery there, I won't get into it here.   Not saying I understand it all, but the whole lust/seduction dynamic involves evil spirits, fallen angels....as does prayer and prophecy involve angels....so a reminder like a headcovering raises a banner against any spirit rising up.  It reminds the woman as well as the angels.  There is a reason why we hear about people having adulterous relationships removing their wedding rings........they don't like the reminder.  I find the Lord is practical......He has reasons and wisdom for things......He doesn't have us wear a headcovering to humiliate and keep women in their place.  I just wanted to be encouraging that there are good reasons in God for having headcoverings in case any women were looking in and find the idea strange, like I used to.