• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Do you have scripture for this?

The subject of angels is a bit involved and the OP wants to keep her thread specific to her question.  See my response to simplejeff,  and maybe that will help.  The fact that Satan and his angels did fall, as well as the fact that Satan even was allowed to approach and speak to the Lord (book of Job) and the Lord grants his requests (eg, sifting Peter) tells us that angels have free will.  Where there is free will the POTENTIAL to rebel exists......I'm not saying any more angels are actually going to fall, but that headcoverings for women are a little safeguard against temptation in that regard......they are a propriety.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

47 minutes ago, Willa said:

Question: what men are we to be in submission to?  I respect and honor our pastors but don't obey them in non spiritual matters.  I respect and treasure the advice of my sons but I make the final decisions.  So who is my head when I have no husband?  If God is now my head, then I would be disrespectful to wear a covering.  

As God Says in His Word:  God is the head of Christ.  Christ is the head of man.  And man is the head of woman.  (yes, even single woman.) ...

This does not prevent woman from standing at the throne of God with all the believers immersed in Jesus Name, all fellow members of His body.

But those who rebel against God's Word,  those who bring something else with them (as we all have BEFORE we come to Christ) ,  have to learn somehow and in God's time to let go of all that is not of God.

This is well explained of all those who are in Christ in this from worthychristianlibrary.com >>>  this is a short excerpt:

Worthy Christian Library » Watchman Nee » The Release of the Spirit » Chapter 3 – Recognizing “the Thing in Hand”

Chapter 3 – Recognizing “the Thing in Hand”

Let me first explain our topic. Suppose a father asks his son to do a certain thing. The son answers, “Right now I have something in my hand ; as soon as I finish it I will do what you order.” “The thing in hand” is the thing which the son is doing prior to his father’s orders. Immediately we recognize that we all have those “things in our hands” which hinder us in our walk with God. It might be anything-a good, important or seemingly necessary thing-which preoccupies us and diverts our attention. As long as the outward man remains unbroken, we shall most likely find our hands full of things. Our outward man has its own religious interests, appetites, concerns and labors. So when the Spirit of God moves in our spirit, our outward man cannot answer God’s call. Thus it is the “thing in hand” which blocks the way to spiritual usefulness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

The subject of angels is a bit involved and the OP wants to keep her thread specific to her question.  See my response to simplejeff,  and maybe that will help.  The fact that Satan and his angels did fall, as well as the fact that Satan even was allowed to approach and speak to the Lord (book of Job) and the Lord grants his requests (eg, sifting Peter) tells us that angels have free will.  Where there is free will the POTENTIAL to rebel exists......I'm not saying any more angels are actually going to fall, but that headcoverings for women are a little safeguard against temptation in that regard......they are a propriety.

How can headcovering  be a safeguard against temptations for angels not to fall? Thats not scriptual.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I just wanted to be encouraging that there are good reasons in God for having headcoverings in case any women were looking in and find the idea strange, like I used to.

As God is always Right,  of course there is a good reason to listen to His Word and to seek from Him His Understanding.

It is largely in the last of the 19th century that rebellion grew and grew and grew against God's Word in all areas, including head covering ,  which is just one aspect directed by God for the beauty of His orchestration and the true and pure testimony of His ekklesia on earth and our overcoming of the world His Way - by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony (our lives abiding IN CHRIST JESUS).

So few people throughout the United States have been encouraging or seen encouragement to honor God and to honor His Word that many distractions instead have gained prominence and priority in most places (opposed to God).

This includes what angels just questioned:

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

How can headcovering  be a safeguard against temptations for angels not to fall? Thats not scriptual.

That idea/ doctrine was introduced from pagan and heathen sources long ago. (found by quick search noted in an earlier post).

44 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Didn't intend to get into too deep a discussion about it, since the OP would like to keep the thread pretty specific.  Yes, it's a sign of authority........because of the angels.  What is a sign......like God putting a rainbow in the sky as a sign of His covenant......a sign is a reminder.  And a reminder in faith has power.  Part of this is understanding about angels.....remember how in Revelations in at least one place an angel told John he was one of the brethren just like John....some mystery there, I won't get into it here.   Not saying I understand it all, but the whole lust/seduction dynamic involves evil spirits, fallen angels....as does prayer and prophecy involve angels....so a reminder like a headcovering raises a banner against any spirit rising up.  It reminds the woman as well as the angels.  There is a reason why we hear about people having adulterous relationships removing their wedding rings........they don't like the reminder.  I find the Lord is practical......He has reasons and wisdom for things......He doesn't have us wear a headcovering to humiliate and keep women in their place.  I just wanted to be encouraging that there are good reasons in God for having headcoverings in case any women were looking in and find the idea strange, like I used to.

Wearing a head covering has nothing to do with preventing evil spirits to rise  up,becareful to keep it scriptual.it shows obedience to God and the angels give testimony of that.

Guest shiloh357
35 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

A head covering is not an impediment to sinful self-indulgence.  Who told you that head coverings are a safeguard against temptation?

It's a reminder like a headcovering raises a banner against any spirit rising up.  ?

You're putting your own spin on head coverings as this is not what the Bible teachers us.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you will find that in Greek medical books Angels...    What caused the Angels to fall was the desire to have children...  their only way to create something that God didn't ordain.....

If you look at the general cosmological thoughts of women's hair that was prevalent at the time of the writing of the New Testament, it was thought that the length of hair was responsible for drawing up the male sperm to fertilize an egg.   The longer the hair the more fertility was given to that person.....    Long hair on a male would slow the process and it was thought not to be a good thing.  The long hair on a female is hugely tempting for the angels...   and we should not do that to them.

By bringing in the fate and temptation of the Angels here it's just using the common knowledge of the time for context of the scripture.   It's been years since I've seen those medical books so I really would have to do a lot of looking to find them again...   and they may well have gone to Goodwill with about a hundred others I took there last year.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Davida said:

I showed  your error but you are going to ignore that and try to continue to pretend its about modesty.  It's all about oppression, domination and sharia law.  I suggest if you want to begin to get an understanding of how women are viewed & treated you go to www.jamieglazov.com & listen to Anni Cyrus' "sharia hunting the survivor to the west."

The conversation and theme of the thread is about modesty, and respect for authority. I am not talking about the extremes of twisted religion. I offered my personal opinion that scarfs as worn by Muslim women in the parks and shopping malls as I have observed in the city where I live in Australia are...to quote myself...nice. Regardless of the deep motives behind such practices in Saudi Arabia and Iran , in my local park the Muslim women are, without any Muslim men present even in the humid heat of 35', demure and modestly refreshing, despite what western feminists think of the practice.

When I see criticism of this from western women, I think it highly hypocritical if they refrain from criticism of the nakedness they allow their own children to expose on public beaches.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Wearing a head covering has nothing to do with preventing evil spirits to rise  up,becareful to keep it scriptual.it shows obedience to God and the angels give testimony of that.

It's a sign on our head.......which means its a reminder.......because of the angels.  But I don't want to debate these things on this thread.  Bless you angels.