• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

The original purpose of head coverings were not to just keep females' devastatingly beautiful locks from the sights of lustful eyes... but also as a sign of submission to an authority.

A female (for her protection) as well as maintaining her reputation / purity would be under the authority of a male relative or guardian (father, brother, cousin, uncle) until betrothed and placed under the authority of her husband.

Modesty as well as a sign/token of authority on the woman's head as the scripture says.....yes......God's ordained order while we live in this present world for the protection of the woman and the good of all.  It is only necessary while we live in this present sinful world.

Seems like we had a short-lived time of relative innocence where it was safer for women and men were more temperate, so I think hiding one's hair became sort of less necessary for a little while in society.  But we're going backwards now, more pagan again, and like Sodom and Gomorrah.  So Mama's better hide your daughters.   (sigh) I'll be glad when Jesus returns and these things are no longer even an issue.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

9 hours ago, Davida said:

I know what the history is and you're quoting Wikipedia?? . Take it to the mat if you want to. You are wrong.  A hijab is worn by those who submit to the teachings of the prophet of islam.  No Christians wore a hijab in Corinth- you are wrong.   

You are correct but you are entirely missing the point.  It was the custom for women to wear a shawl, robe or other such concealing garment over their heads in Greece and the middle east when out in public for many centuries.  We think of veil as a sheer wedding veil, often over the face.  But the kind in the Bible was a solid cloth covering pulled up over over the hair.  It only resembled a nuns habit or a hijab.  You have blown this all out of proportion and out of the context of the point I was trying to make.  You are right that people did not wear a literal hijab before the time of Mohammed.  

Many blessings, Davida.  I usually agree with and support you, and have no desire to argue with you.

Willa

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

Chrislam? That's the fiction that was made possible by Rick Warren. Who's son committed suicide not many years ago. God have mercy. 

I would not think Warren would dare venture to Saudi Arabia, or Iran , and try to minister that bunch of silliness there. He'd very likely be checking his head at baggage claim in very short order. 

What makes a pastor of the true word turn like that? The Quran of Islam is very clear when it says Allah begat no son. 
Whereas Christians know God's only begotten son died to save the world. 

What makes a pastor of the true word turn like that

Because what many knew not is that RICK warren was never a follower of the one true Christ .    His Daniel plan is of satan.  he has long been false .    

at least some are waking up.  IN the mean time avoid ALL TBN preachers, avoid all emergent church , avoid rome , avoid any who focuses on good works and unity with the world

and wont correct anything .     IN other words ,    like many could not see rick warren for who he was,  believe me masses of them are long false , have been

and they will only keep deceiving and it will get far worse as all join hands in time, with the all inclusive hug the world for peace mindset .

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Davida said:

You are right! Christians SHOULD know that and SHOULD know to stand by and protect the Word of God but many don't. The only thing I can think of is that Warren was a wolf in hiding all along. This movement is big and growing , it is not just Warren and it's purpose is not meant to convert  Saudi Arabia or to convert the Muslim nations to  Chrislam is happening all through the West- it is part of the Interfaith Movement and it is spreading in Christendom. Biblical Christianity is under attack in many ways and this is one.  They preach a False Gospel and many denominations are opening their doors to it. Pope Francis is a leader at the forefront.  Btw, it is always the Christianity that loses with these interfaith teachings, it preaches a corruption of Christianity,  it is the Christians that capitulate to Islam not the other way around. It is people from the Christian community leaving Biblical Christianity and adopting a false "inclusive" religion spread by False Prophets.  It is Ministers dressing it in tolerance, love and peace who are standing in their pulpits reading the Koran in Churches falsely telling their congregation that Christianity & Islam have Jesus in common.  The true Christians will be outcasts by the greater part of professing Christendom when this is done. The Lord is separating the sheep from the goats imo. But I do not want people to be lead astray.

You spot on, what most don't know is that rick was false for a long time.   most don't even pay attention to biblical doctrine , let alone they don't even bother watching

who their leaders hang out with .    MAJOR WARNING signs.  IF ya fav preacher is hanging out with KNOWN false ones...........its a hint HE is a deceiver too. 

Cause anyone who is mature enough to lead a church, SHOULD long have had his sense exercised to discern between good and evil.   Go and check out

who your favs hang around .   that will show you where their heart really is.   They sneaky.     its an agenda from satan himself going on.

I mean I know ones like Kenny are false and olstein and heaps of them.   But you got ones defending joel and td jakes

and thinking they men of God.  AND WHOSE SHOW ON THEY ARE ,    OPRAH WIMPHREY.....................HMMM...................

and they aint the only ones gone on that show.  a hint ,  its planned, their are far more wolves cloaked in wool under this all inclusive agenda than most know.

WAY MORE .   I mean way way more .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

15 hours ago, Davida said:

This above post is NOT Biblical. THAT is the point I made and you called that false?  

Believers follow the Bible scripture- period. 

I asked you to provide Bible scripture to back up your above post and you cannot because what you are trading in -is not Biblical.

Fine. For you what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 11 is not biblical.

I'm sure there are other passages you merely pick and choose  out of your personal theology.

But DON'T expect anyone else to guess what that is.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, naominash said:

You have a point there. I have been blessed when I hear messages that give men as well as women their responsibilities.

Amen, and praise the Lord if you have.......next thing of course is to be sure and test what they teach, as always.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  2

Hi, Sanctum. I'm a headcovering Christian woman too. Sometimes I wear a plain bandanna (but they are kinda small) and sometimes I wear a larger square scarf folded into a triangle. My favorite is a long rectangular scarf, about 6ft long and maybe 18in wide. I hang the center of the scarf over the back of my neck (under my hair) letting the two long ends dangle in front. Then I wind one end all the way around my head and spread it out flat over my head and down over my hair, tucking the end under the loose part at the back. Next I twist the other long end and wind it around my forehead in the opposite direction, take that end under the loose part in the back as well, and tie the two ends together.

(But I often wear a hat over the scarf as well!)

It took me a while to find a style I like. My denomination doesn't teach headcovering for women, so I was pretty much on my own.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/1/2017 at 12:40 PM, simplejeff said:

So there is no true testimony in wearing a covering as directed by Scripture,

That is actually not true, as the scriptures do say that a woman should cover her hair as an outward symbol of her submission to God through her husband. I cover my hair either with short scarves or with longer veils. 

I would love to be able to wear hats except I am cursed (lol) with an oversized head. I swear for the life of me every ladies' hat I have ever found is 2 sizes too small.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1987

1 minute ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

That is actually not true, as the scriptures do say that a woman should cover her hair as an outward symbol of her submission to God through her husband. I cover my hair either with short scarves or with longer veils. 

I would love to be able to wear hats except I am cursed (lol) with an oversized head. I swear for the life of me every ladies' hat I have ever found is 2 sizes too small.

Sounds interesting, may I ask where in scripture this is found?

God Bless