Jump to content
Quasar93

Scriptural proof for the pre-trib rapture of the Church

Recommended Posts

The Scriptures are crystal clear where Jesus will meet His Church, in 1 Thess.4:17: "After that, we who are still alive and are left, WILL BE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER with them in the clouds TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. And so we will be with the Lord forever." In the FIRST of His TWO comings, recorded in 1 Thess.4:16, yet to take place, confirming Jn.14:2-3, 28! From where the Church is seen in heaven BEFORE the tribulation begins, in Rev.4:1-2. Where Jesus used John to symbolically represent the Church. Confirming 2 Thess.2:3 and 7-8! Where the Church is seen in heaven later, at the marriage of the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus. While the tribulation is taking place on earth, recorded in Rev.19:7-8. From where Jesus will return to the earth in the SECOND, of His TWO comings, yet to take place, WITH HIS CHURCH, riding white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in His armies from heaven, recorded in 19:14, confirming Zech.14:4-5 and Acts 1:6; 1:11; 2:29-30 and 15:16! From which the above Scriptures leave no other options!

The difference between the pre-trib rapture of the Church, as delineated above, and the SECOND coming of Jesus are the following facts:

1. Jesus returns to the earth in His second coming, recorded in Zech.14:4-5 and in Acts 1:11.

2. No one meets Jesus in the sky when He returns in His second coming, recorded in Rev.19:14, as they will when He returns for the first time, recorded in 1 Thess.4:16!.

3. Jesus will return from the marriage of the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus, in heaven, in His second coming, to the earth, with His Church, recorded in Rev.19:14, He came for in His first coming, in the clouds of the sky, seven years before, recorded in Jn.14:2-3, 28, 1 Thess.4:16-17 and 2 Thess.2:3 and 7-8.

4. No one returns to the present heaven at Jesus second coming to the earth, because He has come to establish His 1,000 year reign on the throne of David, in the restored kingdom of Israel, as recorded in Acts 1:6; 2:29-30; 15:16; Zech.6:12-13 described in Ez.40-47 and Rev.20:6. In addition to the present heaven and earth being destroyed and will pass away, as recorded in 2 Pet.3:7 and in Rev.21:1.


Quasar93

  • Thumbs Up 6
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Quasar93 said:

The Scriptures are crystal clear where Jesus will meet His Church, in 1 Thess.4:17: "After that, we who are still alive and are left, WILL BE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER with them in the clouds TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. And so we will be with the Lord forever." In the FIRST of His TWO comings, recorded in 1 Thess.4:16, yet to take place, confirming Jn.14:2-3, 28! From where the Church is seen in heaven BEFORE the tribulation begins, in Rev.4:1-2. Where Jesus used John to symbolically represent the Church. Confirming 2 Thess.2:3 and 7-8! Where the Church is seen in heaven later, at the marriage of the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus. While the tribulation is taking place on earth, recorded in Rev.19:7-8. From where Jesus will return to the earth in the SECOND, of His TWO comings, yet to take place, WITH HIS CHURCH, riding white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in His armies from heaven, recorded in 19:14, confirming Zech.14:4-5 and Acts 1:6; 1:11; 2:29-30 and 15:16! From which the above Scriptures leave no other options!

The difference between the pre-trib rapture of the Church, as delineated above, and the SECOND coming of Jesus are the following facts:

1. Jesus returns to the earth in His second coming, recorded in Zech.14:4-5 and in Acts 1:11.

2. No one meets Jesus in the sky when He returns in His second coming, recorded in Rev.19:14, as they will when He returns for the first time, recorded in 1 Thess.4:16!.

3. Jesus will return from the marriage of the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus, in heaven, in His second coming, to the earth, with His Church, recorded in Rev.19:14, He came for in His first coming, in the clouds of the sky, seven years before, recorded in Jn.14:2-3, 28, 1 Thess.4:16-17 and 2 Thess.2:3 and 7-8.

4. No one returns to the present heaven at Jesus second coming to the earth, because He has come to establish His 1,000 year reign on the throne of David, in the restored kingdom of Israel, as recorded in Acts 1:6; 2:29-30; 15:16; Zech.6:12-13 described in Ez.40-47 and Rev.20:6. In addition to the present heaven and earth being destroyed and will pass away, as recorded in 2 Pet.3:7 and in Rev.21:1.


Quasar93

I am a pretribulation believe because that is what the Bible tells me. But be prepared there are many on Worthy who are not and will debate it to the end :huh:

The important differences between the rapture and second coming are as follows:

1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

3) The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9). The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

4) The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

5) The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18). The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the rapture and the second coming distinct?

1) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

2) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent—there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

3) In describing the tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6–19 nowhere mentions the church. During the tribulation—also called “the time of trouble for Jacob” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The rapture and second coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences. In summary, the rapture is the return of Christ in the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.

https://www.gotquestions.org/difference-Rapture-Second-Coming.html

  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am a pretribulation believe because that is what the Bible tells me. But be prepared there are many on Worthy who are not and will debate it to the end :huh:

The important differences between the rapture and second coming are as follows:

1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

3) The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9). The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

4) The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

5) The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18). The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the rapture and the second coming distinct?

1) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

2) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent—there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

3) In describing the tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6–19 nowhere mentions the church. During the tribulation—also called “the time of trouble for Jacob” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The rapture and second coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences. In summary, the rapture is the return of Christ in the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.

https://www.gotquestions.org/difference-Rapture-Second-Coming.html

Hello missmuffit,

 

Thanks for your input.  You are quite right.  it is relevant to keep in mind, the Church will DEPART in 2 Thess.2:3 [According to the original historic translation] and TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY, in verse 7, BEFORE the man of lawlessness is revealed, in 2 Thess.2:3, 4 and 8, who triggers the seven year tribulation, recorded in Dan.9:27 and Rev.6:2.  The Church is in heaven for the marriage: the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus, while the tribulation takes place on earth, in Rev.19:7-8.  Followed immediately after with the second coming of Jesus, with His Church: Riding on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in His armies from heaven, in verse 14.  Solid Scriptural proof of the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church.

 

God Bless.

 

Quasar93 

  • Thumbs Up 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quasar93 said:

Hello missmuffit,

 

Thanks for your input.  You are quite right.  it is relevant to keep in mind, the Church will DEPART in 2 Thess.2:3 [According to the original historic translation] and TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY, in verse 7, BEFORE the man of lawlessness is revealed, in 2 Thess.2:3, 4 and 8, who triggers the seven year tribulation, recorded in Dan.9:27 and Rev.6:2.  The Church is in heaven for the marriage: the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus, while the tribulation takes place on earth, in Rev.19:7-8.  Followed immediately after with the second coming of Jesus, with His Church: Riding on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in His armies from heaven, in verse 14.  Solid Scriptural proof of the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church.

 

God Bless.

 

Quasar93 

The Church has departed before the seven year tribulation and the book of Revelation. I think those who go in the rapture of the Church will be blessed.

  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes; unfortunately, many here will debate it, thinking that we're supposed to be here for several reasons they can list off. It doesn't make it any less true, just all that more heartbreaking when they discover that God wasn't going to leave us here for the Tribulation after all.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the last trumpet of God.  On the last day.  That's scriptural.  

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Yes; unfortunately, many here will debate it, thinking that we're supposed to be here for several reasons they can list off. It doesn't make it any less true, just all that more heartbreaking when they discover that God wasn't going to leave us here for the Tribulation after all.

Quite right.  In the near 20 years I have participated on Christian discussion forums, they reject the Biblical teaching of the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church as documented in the OP and my post that follows.  And will continue to do so, because doctrine like Amillennialism reject it.

 

God Bless.

 

Quasar923 

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

At the last trumpet of God.  On the last day.  That's scriptural.  

The last trumpet, as referred to by Paul, in 1 Cor.15:51-52, is reference to the first general resurrection, recorded in Rev.20:4.  Which is an event that will take place after Jesus second coming to earth WITH HIS CHURCH in Rev.19:14, from their marriage in heaven to the Lamb, while the tribulation is taking place on earth.  The Church DOES NOT go through any part of the tribulation, as the OP documents, together with the following:

It is relevant to keep in mind, the Church will DEPART in 2 Thess.2:3 [According to the original historic translation] and TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY, in verse 7, BEFORE the man of lawlessness is revealed, in 2 Thess.2:3, 4 and 8, who triggers the seven year tribulation, recorded in Dan.9:27 and Rev.6:2.  The Church is in heaven for the marriage: the Bride/Church to the Lamb/Jesus, while the tribulation takes place on earth, in Rev.19:7-8.  Followed immediately after with the second coming of Jesus, with His Church: Riding on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, in His armies from heaven, in verse 14.  Solid Scriptural proof of the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church.

 

Quasar93

 

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**So when you see...            "OH, I cannot see that because I have been raptured'"

Mark 13:22 For a false Christ and a false prophet shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.25 See, I have told you in advance.…

**So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’as described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), 16 then let those in Judea flee to the mountains.17 Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18 And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

19 How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be shortened.

23 At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you in advance.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×