• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

n2, you know I like you but you just won the dodo brain award. Here, read the following verses of after Luke 21:22. Then read Matthew 24:23-27 and Mark 13:21-23 for further explanation. Many Jews will be looking for their Messiah after the AoD. At this time, false Messiah will literally appear claiming to be Jesus. One will be the false prophet who will perform miracles greatly deceiving those looking for Christ. 

The Jews are looking for their Messiah now and for good reasons. And they're actually right tho. It's the Church that's got it wrong. Rather I should say we've been taught incorrectly about the Second Coming. The key is knowing when He'll appear and when He will not by diligently scrutinizing scripture. 

Luke 17:22-24 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 Then He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 And they will say to you, ‘Look here!’ or ‘Look there!’ Do not go after them or follow them. 24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.

Matthew 24:23-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Mark 13:21-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

So that was written to people who don't even believe in Christ.

Go figure

1 minute ago, Psalms37:4 said:

I don't think you wanna use the word whore n2. That's gonna get you into a heap of trouble when Christ returns for His bride.

If you ever been married and had someone called your bride a whore on your wedding day, you would not be a happy bridegroom.

Gonna be a whore because you will be caught cheating with the false christ,when you should have known better .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, n2thelight said:

So that was written to people who don't even believe in Christ.

Go figure

Read this.

Luke 17:22-24 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 Then He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 And they will say to you, ‘Look here!’ or ‘Look there!’ Do not go after them or follow them. 24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.

Enjoy your night n2. I'm getting bored.

Why do you and others seperate the Jews from the rest of the body of Christ,does not scripture teach there is only one body?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Spock said:

I didn’t know 1 Thess 4 etc. Hmmm

Doctrine that are 'foreign' to true meanings are often supported by odd texts. 

"In 1590, Ribera published a commentary on the Revelation as a counter-interpretation to the prevailing view among Protestants that identified the Papacy as the Antichrist. Ribera applied all of Revelation but the earliest chapters to the end time rather than to the history of the Papacy. Antichrist would be a single person who would be received by the Jews and would rebuild Jerusalem" (George Eldon Ladd, The Blessed Hope: A Biblical Study of the Second Advent and the Rapture. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1956, pp. 37-38).
"Ribera denied the Protestant Scriptural Antichrist (2 Thess. 2) as seated in the church of God—asserted by Augustine, Jerome, Luther and many reformers. He set on an infidel Antichrist, outside the church of God." (Ralph Thompson, Champions of Christianity in Search of Truth, p. 89).
"The result of his work [Ribera's] was a twisting and maligning of prophetic truth" (Robert Caringola,Seventy Weeks: The Historical Alternative, p. 32).
Subsequently, Cardinal Robert Bellarmine (1542-1621) followed Ribera's teaching.
"The futurist teachings of Ribera were further popularized by an Italian cardinal and the most renowned of all Jesuit controversialists. His writings claimed that Paul, Daniel, and John had nothing whatsoever to say about the Papal power. The futurists' school won general acceptance among Catholics. They were taught that antichrist was a single individual who would not rule until the very end of time" (Great Prophecies of the Bible, by Ralph Woodrow, p. 198).     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Why do you and others seperate the Jews from the rest of the body of Christ,does not scripture teach there is only one body?

While they may now both we sucking off the same root (ROM 11), and while the two are now one in Christ, they are still two distinct bodies. Every time you see the word Israel in the NT it means the Nation of Israel (physical Jews). It does not mean the Church or the believing Christians.  In addition, all Israel (physical Jews) will be saved when Christ returns. And of course all those eternal promises he made to Abraham (father of the Jews) will be fulfilled when he returns.

1 Cor 10:32 says it all...do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks, or the Church of God.....”

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, Spock said:

La,

that makes sense to me too. I know some freak out if you tell them you think the four horsemen may have already ridden, but it sure seems to me too, Jesus began opening the Seals the moment he got back to Heaven. 

So la, do we agree the 6th seal is next up?  Btw, Do you see Gog/Magog War before the Daniel 9:27 covenant is affirmed or after? 

Yes, the sixth seal will follow immediately after the rapture.  Do you mean the Ezekiel 38 war? To be truthful, I have not settled in my mind of that is the same battle as Armageddon or not.  But it may well be a part (or even the start) of World War 3. I just don't know.

I believe this war in imminent, and I am sure it will involve Israel. It seems possible then that the Ezekiel 38 war will be world war 3. That war will certainly involve nukes. I also believe we are out of here (raptured) before nukes are used. 

Edited by iamlamad

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, Spock said:

Hi la-mad,

great reading your words again. As you know, I’m a huge fan of your wisdom and insight. 

I have no problem interpreting it DEPARTURE and say that is the RAPTURE, but I did have a plan B for those who would not accept that interpretation.

paul was comforting the Thessalonians who thought they were in the GT, telling them that they weren’t because you first have to see the falling away of the believers and then the revealing of the Beast, the AC.....neither has been done yet, so relax, you are not in it. 

Im not sure that explanation makes post tribbies feel any better.....

Hey la, do you agree Matthew 24:29-31 is describing the SECOND COMING and not the rapture? I have had to debate this with posters on a daily basis. Just want to see your thoughts. Thanks.

I believe the Olivet discourse was answering questions from Jewish men about the end of THEIR age. I don't think there is much, if anything, in this discourse for the church. For example, we don't worship in synagogues. The rapture will not collect people from heaven. It is from earth. Posttribbers ignore that point. If we put Luke with Matthew, this gathering is from one end of heaven to the other end of earth. Again, the rapture gathers from the earth. 

Yes, of course Jesus will bring with Him those who have died, but before they leave heaven is not a part of Paul's rapture.  The "gathering" comes from "together" as in "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

I know some will argue that "heaven" could mean the air we breathe. I don't think that was the Author's intent. 

On 12/29/2017 at 8:13 AM, Spock said:

While they may now both we sucking off the same root (ROM 11), and while the two are now one in Christ, they are still two distinct bodies. Every time you see the word Israel in the NT it means the Nation of Israel (physical Jews). It does not mean the Church or the believing Christians.  In addition, all Israel (physical Jews) will be saved when Christ returns. And of course all those eternal promises he made to Abraham (father of the Jews) will be fulfilled when he returns.

1 Cor 10:32 says it all...do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks, or the Church of God.....”

Abraham was the Father of Christianity,that's why the seed  is in Christ,as Christ was that seed...

It's two trees ,even from the garden now you belong to one of them

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody will be saved just because,don't give a heck,who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you ain't in Christ you not saved,period,and those who you think are Israel,they won't either,as all who say Israel,are not

• Thumbs Up 1