• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Yes,  I have a question.

With the advent of the internet and  "Got Questions.org" as the instant authoritative resource for answers to everything Bible. Is there any need for the Bible God's word to  be made available to the world at large?

Why read the word of God, as it is hard work?

Why pray, as it is hard work?

Why think, as it is hard work?

Why engage with brothers and sisters in corporate worship at local bodies of Christ Jesus, as it too is hard work? 

Why engage in the  encouragement of fellowship at local church bodies, fo rthat too is hard work? 

Why not just type in a question on a internet device and  get  'THE ANSWER!" from got questions.org  the CliffsNotes of commentaries?

Why not declare Got Questions to be our priests between us and God? 

Won't that work out better than  us studying the word of God personally, as well as  together with other saints, iron sharpening iron building up the body of Christ?

And will we not then be able to eliminate the hardest of all  work, that of the personal articulating of what we have learned togther under the guidance of the Holy Spirit's indwelling power within each of the saints?

Am I wrong to think Got Questions is a disservice, rather than a service?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes,  I have a question.

With the advent of the internet and  "Got Questions.org" as the instant authoritative resource for answers to everything Bible. Is there any need for the Bible God's word to  be made available to the world at large?

Why read the word of God, as it is hard work?

Why pray, as it is hard work?

Why think, as it is hard work?

Why engage with brothers and sisters in corporate worship at local bodies of Christ jesus, as it too is hard work? 

Why engage in the  encouragement of fellowship at local church bodies, fo rthat too is hard work? 

Why not just type in a question on a internet device and  get  'THE ANSWER!" from got questions.org  the CliffsNotes of commentaries?

Why not declare Got Questions to be our priests between us and God? 

Won't that work out better than  us studying the word of God personally, as well as  together with other saints, iron sharpening iron building up the body of Christ?

And will we not then be able to eliminate the hardest of all  work, that of the personal articulating of what we have learned togther under the guidance of the Holy Spirit's indwelling power within each of the saints?

Am I wrong to think Got Questions is a disservice, rather than a service?

yep, God is bigger than the schemes of man, and will use GQ for His glory! Amen!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 minutes ago, lokp said:

yep, God is bigger than the schemes of man, and will use GQ for His glory! Amen!!

Interesting thought. I tend to think I agree! Yet, I do ask all of my original questions still, with perhaps one new perviso.

Is it a disservice to just post Got Questions, without adding one's own research,  and conclusions based upon also reading and praying and thinking? If it is good to just post Got Questions and sit back without personal study and Holy Spirit led personal writing, why not shutdown now and just hit got questions when one comes up, and just stay home maybe watching easy on the mind heart and soul tv the rest of the time? Why be about the business preparing for the sharing of the gospel of Jesus with an with an unsaved world?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

21 minutes ago, brakelite said:

"Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm."

Amen.  This is one of the most often forgotten warnings from God to believers, I think. (everywhere included)

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Interesting thought. I tend to think I agree! Yet, I do ask all of my original questions still, with perhaps one new perviso.

Is it a disservice to just post Got Questions, without adding one's own research,  and conclusions based upon also reading and praying and thinking? If it is good to just post Got Questions and sit back without personal study and Holy Spirit led personal writing, why not shutdown now and just hit got questions when one comes up, and just stay home maybe watching easy on the mind heart and soul tv the rest of the time? Why be about the business preparing for the sharing of the gospel of Jesus with an with an unsaved world?

I believe the Lord will not let you go astray bud. Cultivate sensitivity to the Holy Spirit's voice by things such as committing your time to His direction, and you'll be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Yes,  I have a question.

Though I've only looked at GQ a few times, I do use many sources of biblical understanding, all of which aid me in understanding.

Pro_11:14  Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Pro_12:15  The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Pro_19:20  Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

But, lest we forget,

2Ti_2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Thumbs Up 3