Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

A rapture of the world's Christian population remaining  after the worst tribulation the world has ever seen would be a number on par to be seated  comfortably in a mini-van with perhaps still room for one more  .

The taking of the mark of the beast and the wholesale slaughter of those not taking the mark seeing to the demise of the other 99% of the world's Christians .

Much more  a half baked , last ditch , get out of dodge desperate rescue than   I understand as being described by the Jesus I know . 

And completely uncharacteristic of the protector and guide in every time of need demonstrated throughout scripture to all who love Him and make  Him  first in their lives.

" My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth ...He that keepeth thee will not slumber . "    ( Psalm 121 : 3,3 )

Edited by Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not believe that the rapture will occur after the seven year tribulation. I believe it will happen before the seven year tribulation. The wrath of God is not for the born again Christian Revelation 3:10.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I do not believe that the rapture will occur after the seven year tribulation. I believe it will happen before the seven year tribulation. The wrath of God is not for the born again Christian Revelation 3:10.

Thank you .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

512 just killed in Somalia. Anyone here known anyone during the blitz of London? Have you been in Nth Africa lately where children are roasted alive in a tin hut? Seen any babies wash up on the shores of the Med? Noticed any drowning refugees? Seen any of the bombed kids in Syria, or those that are right now dying of malnutrition? Anyone know my friend who was first on the scene of the Rwanda genocide? 
We saw the twin towers collapse - and it will get worse. At what point God decides the 'tribulation' morphs into the  'great tribulation' is somehow moot to the many that are already dead in their prime. Tribulation will just increase, and increase. It will not be any good yelling 'help' when our western homelands are overrun. We will just be suffering like the rest of the world has been for years and years. That WILL separate the sheep from the goats I believe. We are cozy today whilst others suffer and die. If you think that comfort will last I am afraid that I have to tell you; 'it rains on good and bad alike'.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

But there is a major difference between the Lord's wrath of the coming tribulation period and the trials and tribulations of this present life

All believers of both the OT and NT will be made immortal just before His judgment falls in Revelation 6:12-17 .... the coming tribulation  period

Some will be saved of Israel and of the Gentiles during this period, but not many

The Lord will continue to save those who will turn to Him during the period 

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

512 just killed in Somalia. Anyone here known anyone during the blitz of London? Have you been in Nth Africa lately where children are roasted alive in a tin hut? Seen any babies wash up on the shores of the Med? Noticed any drowning refugees? Seen any of the bombed kids in Syria, or those that are right now dying of malnutrition? Anyone know my friend who was first on the scene of the Rwanda genocide? 
We saw the twin towers collapse - and it will get worse. At what point God decides the 'tribulation' morphs into the  'great tribulation' is somehow moot to the many that are already dead in their prime. Tribulation will just increase, and increase. It will not be any good yelling 'help' when our western homelands are overrun. We will just be suffering like the rest of the world has been for years and years. That WILL separate the sheep from the goats I believe. We are cozy today whilst others suffer and die. If you think that comfort will last I am afraid that I have to tell you; 'it rains on good and bad alike'.

9/11 , Somalia , etc,etc,,, as bad as you think that is , it is just the common sin filled murderous  circumstances of our blood soaked world today  .

What does that tell you about how horrifically different the  conditions will be  when the slaughter and terror  will be on a level  "  the world has never known " ? 

Let me just ask you , do you believe the Holy Spirit will be present on earth during this tribulation wholesale slaughter of Christians  as it has been on earth for the death of every Christian from the time of Jesus's departing until now ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting question that. As I start to type I am unsure what I will say. If there is a wholesale slaughter of Christians, then I am quite sure that the Lord, who promised to never leave us or forsake us, will be quite able to still be with us and minister in some way. Since many have been killed like Stephen was, I am unsure how Yahweh will effect this. Perhaps there will be some kind of refuge, or maybe we just die ignobly as so many have already. I am sure that those that died did so sometimes in a real terror that we can not yet imagine. It is this need to escape the thought of pain that birthed the pre-trib movement, and as such is quite understandable. But wrong.
I do not wish to scare fellow Christians unduly, but we should face up to the facts of our mortality and weakness in the face of extermination and death.
Your question about Holy Spirit is relevant only if we understand that He blows where He wills and is not going to obscure or obstruct any of Yahweh's purposes.
Yeshua in Matthew 24 does give us a very good heads up about all this (ignore 'remnant' doctrine).

Jude 24-25 King James Version

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

A rapture of the world's Christian population remaining  after the worst tribulation the world has ever seen would be a number on par to be seated  comfortably in a mini-van with perhaps still room for one more  .

The taking of the mark of the beast and the wholesale slaughter of those not taking the mark seeing to the demise of the other 99% of the world's Christians .

Much more  a half baked , last ditch , get out of dodge desperate rescue than   I understand as being described by the Jesus I know . 

And completely uncharacteristic of the protector and guide in every time of need demonstrated throughout scripture to all who love Him and make  Him  first in their lives.

" My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth ...He that keepeth thee will not slumber . "    ( Psalm 121 : 3,3 )

Well that's just great. You can't fathom the scenario. None of us can. It's unprecedented. That does not make it less true or more false. Truth or false is evidence based and I don't see any evidence, just a mind incapable of comprehending the totality of a time only spoken but never experienced. Good. You're just like the rest of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There is no 7 year tribulation, it's a period of less than 3.5 years duration.

The  A of D occurs at the midpoint. Daniel said the 'overspreading of abominations will cause desolation', occurring in the 'midst' of the week. Jesus referenced this in Matt 24. Told us to look for it. Told us to run.

Then Jesus said, " For then shall be great tribulation".

Only after the A of D, fleeing immediately from the very spot a person stands, sadness for nursing mothers and a winter escape, does 'great tribulation' begin. "For then shall be great tribulation..."

At best everyone will enter the week, staying to the midpoint. 

And of course you are saying two different things here. 'Tribulation' and the wrath of God are not the same thing. Jesus did not say of this time there would be tribulation. He said GREAT TRIBULATION, such as was not nor ever shall be. Jesus also makes a distinction between the two in Matt 24. The wrath of God only begins after the world sees Jesus come in the clouds. Even though Jesus does not say, "wrath of God" He describes it referring to Noah and the flood.

Great tribulation is judgment on the house of God. Peter says judgment begins at the house of God, and if it begins with us, what happens to the ungodly. 2 Peter.

Wrath is judgement on the ungodly.

Not sure how you can miss the order. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would suggest this: http://rediscoveringthebible.com/Scruby4.pdf

Mr White has some very important points about all this.