Mary8

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

@Abdicate very interesting and informative. I’m going to study and savor this for awhile. Thank you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Which of the first 4 Trumpets affects all those who live on the earth. None.

The Wrath of God will affect all mankind. For them to experience His furry.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi MM,

Well....let`s face reality here. The first trumpet judgment, -

`The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.` (Rev. 8: 7)

Now that is not just speaking of people`s lawns. (lol) And since my hubby is a farmer I will get help from him regarding the effects of such a judgment. 

ALL THE GREEN GRASS.

Grass is food for animals, (cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry etc) no food animals die.

Grass is also grains for food for people - wheat, barley, corn, rice, etc. These affect our daily cereal, bread, cakes, biscuits, pasta, and many other food products that mankind rely on daily.

Because cattle, especially cows will be affected - we have milk, butter, cream, cheese etc that will be in short supply.

So a day`s pay for a loaf of bread will not be surprising, since the very basis of man`s food production will be affected.

Let`s remember that the word `wrath` is but ONE English word from the Greek word `Orge,` which expresses wrath, anger, vengeance with connotations of punishment. To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. (Isa. 26: 21)  

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,625
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Yes, many will be left behind. I will agree, Pretribbers miss it on several points, but the pretrib rapture is not one of them.  It is SO EASY to know where wrath begins: John makes it clear  God's wrath will begin with the 6th seal. Where is the 6th seal in comparison with the 70th week? The week begins with the 7th seal. Left behind? It is most certain, all who are not born again will be left behind.

Well, there is no point is hashing this out again. You want to believe the first seal has been opened 2000 years ago, fine with me. You'll witness a different reality if we don't pass before it all begins.

11 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You can imagine this is the Holy Spirit dwelling in their spirit, but it will be only imagination, not truth.

It's not imagination when Paul spells it out in so many words. 

But you go ahead and believe what you will, we are all free in that respect.

9 hours ago, Abdicate said:

That is beyond possible. Billions will die, the earth will be knocked out of its orbit, the water will be poisoned, the length of a daily rotation will be reduced from 24 hours to 16 hours. I won't give you the scriptures because you don't/won't believe them, but they're all written in Isaiah and Revelation.

Not disputing any of that because I just don't care. It all pales in comparison to the return of the Son of man. That's all I have focused on for some time as it is the important part of the end of the age.

In my mind, except for the major events leading up to the coming of the Lord and the gathering of the elect, the rest is superfluous.

Hence the focus on the rise of the beast, the midpoint and the 2nd coming, which will happen in that order in spite of dogmatic assertions of religious sects. 

On 12/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, Mary8 said:

Scriptures that promise that the Lord will take believers prior to the tribulation: (some of these are from memory so I may need to fix.)

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air:  and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Therefore comfort one another with these words.  I Thessalonians 4:18  [So we can take comfort that He will catch us up to Himself.]

Yes, a glorious appearing of our Lord and the translation of believers both dead and alive. An oft quoted pretrib 'proof'. Where is the timing in relation to other events?

And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.   I Thessalonians 1:10   [Those who do not believe in an imminent rapture  would add the word death after "wrath" and are erring.  It just says the wrath.]

Why would they add the word 'death'? Usually those outside the pretrib sect just stick with the facts of the text and don't add or misinterpret.

Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ.   Titus 2:13

The fact of the appearing, but where is the timing? Can you present any scripture that directly mentions 'imminence' in relation to the 'rapture'?

0 Bible results for “imminent.”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

0 Bible results for “imminence.”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?search=imminence&version=KJV&searchtype=all&spanbegin=1&spanend=2

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion, In the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me.  He shall set me upon a rock. Psalm 27:10     [This specifically points to "the time of trouble," also called "the time of Jacob's trouble," "the tribulation," and shows that believers will be where God dwells during that time.]

Truth! 

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.    I Thessalonians 5:9  [This does not say wrath at time of death.]

What is ' wrath at time of death'?

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.  Heb. 9:28

Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.   Romans 5:9

Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.    Revelation 3:10   [The time of temptation, I believe is the time of tribulation, trial of all the world.]

But when will He appear? When is His coming in relation to other prophesied events?  Did you know Rev 3:10 means,"I will watch over you and guard you during the temptation." ? It does not mean 'forcible abduction of a group to take them to another dimension.

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest:  for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.  I Cor. 3:11-15.

Now this is interesting. Are you saying this is a pretrib rapture encouragement passage? Does this passage speak to believers being tried by fire?

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder, the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him.  I will set him on high, because he hath known My Name.   Psalm 91:13-14

The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.   Psalm 34:7   

Psalm 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.  4 He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.  5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.  Luke 12:32 

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished

2 Timothy 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

John 14:3   And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Isaiah 26:19-21  Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.  20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.  21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

I Thessalonians 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Mark 13:32-37 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.   [We are like the porter who was to watch the door:  commanded to watch.]

Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.  

2dec2017

So where is the passage that speaks to imminence? No prior prophesied events before the 'rapture'? Luke seems to refute imminence doesn't he?

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

It's not imagination when Paul spells it out in so many words. 

But you go ahead and believe what you will, we are all free in that respect.

If the born again walk was possible under the Old Covenant, then Jesus did not have to die on the cross. Period and end of story. We know He DID have to die. God is a God of love, but He is also a God of justice, and in the mind of God, the penalty for sin MUST BE PAID. The blood of bulls and goats could NEVER take away sin or the guilt of sin. God needed RIGHTEOUS HUMAN blood to remove our sins. That is why Jesus had to come. All the Old Testament saint's sins were charged up on MASTER-card. (Jesus is the Master!) They had to wait in Hades until Jesus conquered sin and death and rose from the dead. FINALLY their sins could be removed so they would be qualified for heaven.

Once Jesus died and rose again, the justice side of God was satisfied. The price of sin had been paid for. Completely! Now "peace on earth, and good will toward men!" Sin was paid for. Always remember, the blood of bulls and goats could NEVER remove sin! God only allowed animal blood to COVER their sin for a year. It was not removed until Jesus rose from the dead. Then, and only then, could Jesus lead them all to heaven, and empty out "Abraham's Bosom."

What you missed? You actually have to UNDERSTAND Paul.

Not disputing any of that because I just don't care. It all pales in comparison to the return of the Son of man. That's all I have focused on for some time as it is the important part of the end of the age.

In my mind, except for the major events leading up to the coming of the Lord and the gathering of the elect, the rest is superfluous.

Hence the focus on the rise of the beast, the midpoint and the 2nd coming, which will happen in that order in spite of dogmatic assertions of religious sects. 

Sorry, your counting is off. The second coming will be Paul's rapture coming. WHEN is it in relation to anything else? Actually, Paul TELLS US! His rapture / gathering will come just before wrath: while those in Christ get raptured, those not in Christ are left behind to face sudden destruction - which Paul tells us is the start of the Wrath of God. "We" (not "them" or "they") get raptured. "They" get left behind in the sudden destruction wrath of God. All we need to is find out where "wrath" begins in comparison to the 70th week. "Wrath" begins at the 6th seal, and the 70th week begins at the 7th seal. Paul's rapture is clearly pretrib.

As a second proof, John SAW the raptured church in heaven soon after the 6th seal start of wrath.  (Rev. 7: the great crowd, too large to number.)

As a third proof, in Rev. 12 there is only a remnant left.

As a fourth proof, the church is already in heaven where the marriage and supper will take place.

As a fifth proof, posttribbers have NO WAY of getting to heaven before His coming to be at the marriage. 

This is dogmatic scripture.

Well, there is no point is hashing this out again. You want to believe the first seal has been opened 2000 years ago, fine with me. You'll witness a different reality if we don't pass before it all begins.

I believe that because the scriptures prove that when correctly understood. Notice carefully: Jesus ascends and sends down the Holy Spirit in Rev. 5, setting the timing of the first seal.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, iamlamad said:

If the born again walk was possible under the Old Covenant, then Jesus did not have to die on the cross. Period and end of story. We know He DID have to die. God is a God of love, but He is also a God of justice, and in the mind of God, the penalty for sin MUST BE PAID. The blood of bulls and goats could NEVER take away sin or the guilt of sin. God needed RIGHTEOUS HUMAN blood to remove our sins. That is why Jesus had to come. All the Old Testament saint's sins were charged up on MASTER-card. (Jesus is the Master!) They had to wait in Hades until Jesus conquered sin and death and rose from the dead. FINALLY their sins could be removed so they would be qualified for heaven.

Once Jesus died and rose again, the justice side of God was satisfied. The price of sin had been paid for. Completely! Now "peace on earth, and good will toward men!" Sin was paid for. Always remember, the blood of bulls and goats could NEVER remove sin! God only allowed animal blood to COVER their sin for a year. It was not removed until Jesus rose from the dead. Then, and only then, could Jesus lead them all to heaven, and empty out "Abraham's Bosom."

What you missed? You actually have to UNDERSTAND Paul.

Amen!

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:21