• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

24 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

If the born again walk was possible under the Old Covenant, then Jesus did not have to die on the cross. Period and end of story. We know He DID have to die. God is a God of love, but He is also a God of justice, and in the mind of God, the penalty for sin MUST BE PAID. The blood of bulls and goats could NEVER take away sin or the guilt of sin. God needed RIGHTEOUS HUMAN blood to remove our sins. That is why Jesus had to come. All the Old Testament saint's sins were charged up on MASTER-card. (Jesus is the Master!) They had to wait in Hades until Jesus conquered sin and death and rose from the dead. FINALLY their sins could be removed so they would be qualified for heaven.

Once Jesus died and rose again, the justice side of God was satisfied. The price of sin had been paid for. Completely! Now "peace on earth, and good will toward men!" Sin was paid for. Always remember, the blood of bulls and goats could NEVER remove sin! God only allowed animal blood to COVER their sin for a year. It was not removed until Jesus rose from the dead. Then, and only then, could Jesus lead them all to heaven, and empty out "Abraham's Bosom."

What you missed? You actually have to UNDERSTAND Paul.

Brilliantly off topic.

48 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Sorry, your counting is off. The second coming will be Paul's rapture coming. WHEN is it in relation to anything else? Actually, Paul TELLS US! His rapture / gathering will come just before wrath: while those in Christ get raptured, those not in Christ are left behind to face sudden destruction - which Paul tells us is the start of the Wrath of God. "We" (not "them" or "they") get raptured. "They" get left behind in the sudden destruction wrath of God. All we need to is find out where "wrath" begins in comparison to the 70th week. "Wrath" begins at the 6th seal, and the 70th week begins at the 7th seal. Paul's rapture is clearly pretrib.

As a second proof, John SAW the raptured church in heaven soon after the 6th seal start of wrath.  (Rev. 7: the great crowd, too large to number.)

As a third proof, in Rev. 12 there is only a remnant left.

As a fourth proof, the church is already in heaven where the marriage and supper will take place.

As a fifth proof, posttribbers have NO WAY of getting to heaven before His coming to be at the marriage. 

This is dogmatic scripture.

Except for that 70th week begins at the the 7th seal thing I agree 100%.

48 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I believe that because the scriptures prove that when correctly understood. Notice carefully: Jesus ascends and sends down the Holy Spirit in Rev. 5, setting the timing of the first seal.

So who is the arbiter of this 'correct understanding'?

You realize people everywhere say the same thing. It really just means 'when you understand it the way I want you to'.

Safe to say I will never have your definition of 'correct understanding'.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi MM,

Well....let`s face reality here. The first trumpet judgment, -

`The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.` (Rev. 8: 7)

Now that is not just speaking of people`s lawns. (lol) And since my hubby is a farmer I will get help from him regarding the effects of such a judgment. 

ALL THE GREEN GRASS.

Grass is food for animals, (cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry etc) no food animals die.

Grass is also grains for food for people - wheat, barley, corn, rice, etc. These affect our daily cereal, bread, cakes, biscuits, pasta, and many other food products that mankind rely on daily.

Because cattle, especially cows will be affected - we have milk, butter, cream, cheese etc that will be in short supply.

So a day`s pay for a loaf of bread will not be surprising, since the very basis of man`s food production will be affected.

Let`s remember that the word `wrath` is but ONE English word from the Greek word `Orge,` which expresses wrath, anger, vengeance with connotations of punishment. To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. (Isa. 26: 21)  

Marilyn.

You do not see my view;  or how I see these things.

The 3rd Seal is where famine occurs and it will take a days wages for grain (world wide).   The 4th Seal is where 1/4th of the world population die.  Where - location, location, location.     Later is the 1st Trumpet where 1/3 of the earth burns up, Where - location, location, location.  BTW-Green grass can grow back in the 2/3rds not affected.  Get out a map/atlas of the world and check things out.  1/3 of the worlds land masses are encompassed with the Western Hemisphere down to a tee (33.333 %).  North and South America, Greenland and Australia, and adjacent islands.  These same areas encompass approximately 1/4th of the worlds populations. So you see, location, location, location.

The word Wrath really is not of significance to me.  It will be a very, very bad time for those dwelling on the earth.  List all the Seals, Trumpets, and Bowls judgments in a column.  See if you can see a pattern developing.  Nothing is to chance or is haphazard.  They all have purpose.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

The 3rd Seal is where famine occurs and it will take a days wages for grain (world wide).   The 4th Seal is where 1/4th of the world population die.  Where - location, location, location.     Later is the 1st Trumpet where 1/3 of the earth burns up, Where - location, location, location.  BTW-Green grass can grow back in the 2/3rds not affected.  Get out a map/atlas of the world and check things out.  1/3 of the worlds land masses are encompassed with the Western Hemisphere down to a tee (33.333 %).  North and South America, Greenland and Australia, and adjacent islands.  These same areas encompass approximately 1/4th of the worlds populations. So you see, location, location, location.

The word Wrath really is not of significance to me.  It will be a very, very bad time for those dwelling on the earth.  List all the Seals, Trumpets, and Bowls judgments in a column.  See if you can see a pattern developing.  Nothing is to chance or is haphazard.  They all have purpose.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi MM,

I see the 3rd Seal, (preview of great Powers) as per inflation - the scales are indicative of a market economy/ free trade. Thus we see great inflation.

Then all the green grass in reality is the actual touching of the food production leading to famine.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi MM,

I see the 3rd Seal, (preview of great Powers) as per inflation - the scales are indicative of a market economy/ free trade. Thus we see great inflation.

Then all the green grass in reality is the actual touching of the food production leading to famine.

Marilyn.

The famine of the 3rd Seal precedes the 1/3rd of the earth burning and all the grass being burned of the 1st Trumpet. Two different events.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 7/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, Diaste said:

So who is the arbiter of this 'correct understanding'?

You realize people everywhere say the same thing. It really just means 'when you understand it the way I want you to'.

Safe to say I will never have your definition of 'correct understanding'.

The arbiter is the text itself. Words have meaning.

I did not write it: John did:

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

It is a vision created by John for John to see. Jesus became their passover lamb that year. It is "the Lamb's book of Life." "as if it had been slain" is just what it says: God make this lamb appear as it had just been slain. (And this is in a vision seen in 95 AD - so the "slain" would have been 60 some years before.) Every word in these two chapters is to draw a picture for the reader that it is a vision of the past - that the reader can relive that past: Jesus under the earth, then rising from the dead - to be found immediately as the Redeemer, qualified to take the book and open the seals. In verse 6, Jesus suddenly appears to John - exactly as if He had not been there before (the very picture God drew for us when Jesus was not seen at the right hand of the Father) but suddenly appeared- drawing the picture of a just asscended Christ, appearing back in the throne room He had left 32 years before.  He ascended WITH the Holy Spirit (We know He was the anointed one, anointed with the Holy Spirit, from other scriptures) and then sent the Holy Spirit down.  Notice that the Lamb appeared in the CENTER of the throne. He did not walk in through or around any of the elders or 4 beasts.

When John wrote, "then I saw" gives us the meaning that a moment before He did NOT see, giving us a further meaning that the Lamb was simply NOT THERE the moment before.

Preconceptions are very strong: chances are good, as you said, that you will never understand these scriptures in the same way I do - until you arrive in heaven where we all will know as we are now known.

Edited by iamlamad

4 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

The famine of the 3rd Seal precedes the 1/3rd of the earth burning and all the grass being burned of the 1st Trumpet. Two different events.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Brilliant observation! Very good. In fact, the famines are church age events. I have seen several in my short lifetime - all in Africa- that 1/4 of the earth these riders were limited to.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:46 AM, Montana Marv said:

In Christ

Montana Marv

Marv, you really need to study this verse until you get it:

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

They were given authority and power over a fourth part of the earth (Amp)

there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth  (ASV)

A quarter of the earth was put into their power  (Phillips)

They all basically say the same thing: notice carefully what it does NOT say: that 1/4 of the earth would be killed. What it DOES say is that God would LIMIT them in their theater of operation to only 1/4 of the earth. In other words, the Red Horse and rider to start wars ONLY in this 1/4th of the earth.  The black horse and rider could not bring famine in any other part of the world: ONLY in this 1/4th.

The purpose of the Red horse and rider, the Black horse and rider, and the Pale horse and rider was to STOP the advance of the Gospel by starting wars and causing famines and pestilences such as the Black Plague that hit Europe twice - each time killing almost 1/3 of the population.

Note carefully, these riders have nothing to do with the wars and famines during the church age in other parts of the world. Here have certainly been wars, famines and pestilences in Asia, but they have nothing to do with these riders - nor have these riders had anything to do with wars, famines, and pestilences in other parts of the world. The gospel BEGAN in Jerusalem so we can be sure this 1/4 of the world would be centered in Jerusalem. That would take in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - the very place where wars and famines have been endless, and where pestilences have hit over and over again.

Finally, don't forget the purpose of the seals is to seal the book. Simple.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:24 AM, Diaste said:

Except for that 70th week begins at the the 7th seal thing I agree 100%.

Given time, you will end up believing that too, for it is truth.