• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,624
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, iamlamad said:

Given time, you will end up believing that too, for it is truth.

Funny thing about belief...when used like most religious people it's a defense of some ill conceived dogma, "I believe that...", having nothing to do with the truth of the matter, not supported by fact, and is only personal truth wrought by a conviction.

No, I will never come to believe it as it's not supported by Spirit generated fact.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,624
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

On 7/18/2019 at 8:50 AM, iamlamad said:

The arbiter is the text itself. Words have meaning.

I did not write it: John did:

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

It is a vision created by John for John to see. Jesus became their passover lamb that year. It is "the Lamb's book of Life." "as if it had been slain" is just what it says: God make this lamb appear as it had just been slain. (And this is in a vision seen in 95 AD - so the "slain" would have been 60 some years before.) Every word in these two chapters is to draw a picture for the reader that it is a vision of the past - that the reader can relive that past: Jesus under the earth, then rising from the dead - to be found immediately as the Redeemer, qualified to take the book and open the seals. In verse 6, Jesus suddenly appears to John - exactly as if He had not been there before (the very picture God drew for us when Jesus was not seen at the right hand of the Father) but suddenly appeared- drawing the picture of a just asscended Christ, appearing back in the throne room He had left 32 years before.  He ascended WITH the Holy Spirit (We know He was the anointed one, anointed with the Holy Spirit, from other scriptures) and then sent the Holy Spirit down.  Notice that the Lamb appeared in the CENTER of the throne. He did not walk in through or around any of the elders or 4 beasts.

When John wrote, "then I saw" gives us the meaning that a moment before He did NOT see, giving us a further meaning that the Lamb was simply NOT THERE the moment before.

Preconceptions are very strong: chances are good, as you said, that you will never understand these scriptures in the same way I do - until you arrive in heaven where we all will know as we are now known.

All your doing is creating a story through personal inspiration. If you could cite scripture to back up your personally derived facts:

God make this lamb appear as it had just been slain

the picture of a just asscended Christ,

appearing back in the throne room He had left 32 years before.

that a moment before He did NOT see,

the Lamb was simply NOT THERE the moment before.

This is just like most preachers. One verse, no context, no facts, but a great story.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

45 minutes ago, Diaste said:

All your doing is creating a story through personal inspiration. If you could cite scripture to back up your personally derived facts:

God make this lamb appear as it had just been slain

the picture of a just asscended Christ,

appearing back in the throne room He had left 32 years before.

that a moment before He did NOT see,

the Lamb was simply NOT THERE the moment before.

This is just like most preachers. One verse, no context, no facts, but a great story.

I expect that anyone on these threads would know the content of Rev. 4 & 5. We have been discussing these two chapters for weeks! Perhaps you should read them again.

Chapter 4: Jesus NOT seen at the right hand of the Father (as if He is not there at all).

The Holy Spirit still there (as If He had not yet been sent down).

Chapter 5:  NO man found worthy in a search for one worthy to take the book and open the seals (as if He had not yet risen from the dead)

Then a CHANGE!  (Time moved on) Jesus was now found worthy. (There is TIME PASSING between Him NOT found and Him found.  What happened? Jesus had just risen from the dead.

Then, MORE TIME PASSES: and suddenly Jesus appears in the throne room where He had not been. Why? He just ascended and then sent the Holy Spirit down.

You have a choice: you can IMAGINE some reason why John did not see Jesus at the right hand of the Father. I know the real reason.

You can imagine why God chose to show John the Holy Spirit in the throne room at the very time Jesus was not there. I know the reason.

You can imagine there was no real search, when in reality there was.

You can imagine no time passing between Him NOT found and Him found.

In fact, you can imagine there was no search so no one "found."

You are right in one way: it IS a story God shows us. Most people miss it.

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

Funny thing about belief...when used like most religious people it's a defense of some ill conceived dogma, "I believe that...", having nothing to do with the truth of the matter, not supported by fact, and is only personal truth wrought by a conviction.

No, I will never come to believe it as it's not supported by Spirit generated fact.

"Truth" is always supported by scripture. We will be in heaven when the 70th week begins, and then you will find that beginning will be marked by the 7th seal.  There is a strange phenomenon where scripture is concerned: imagine someone in a healing line, to get prayed for, after the doctor had giving him or her 6 months to live: the preacher tells them, "Don't you know that Jesus stripes are for your healing?"  They answer back, "well, I believe that is only spiritual healing." Yet, here they are in a healing line, with HOPE and no faith in any healing scripture.

IS there a basis for physical healing by His stripes? Of course there is. But one must BELIEVE the scripture to receive any benefit from it.

Another example: the scripture is very clear that God allowed seals 2 through 4 authority to operate over 1/4 of the earth; yet people read it as if 1/4 of the earth is killed!

It is not difficult to see that the 70th week ends with the 7th vial. It is not difficult to see that the midpoint is marked with the 7th trumpet.  Is it then difficult to imagine that God has marked the entire 70th week with 7's?  Jesus words to me:  "...you could find the entire 70th week 'clearly marked.'"

HOW can we find the entire week "clearly marked?"  Simple: God used the same marker for the start, midpoint and end.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

11 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Suppose I give you 1/4th of a pie.

Power over the 1/4th of the pie to kill.  Power over 1/4th of the earth to kill.

In Christ

Montana Marv

14 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Power over the 1/4th of the pie to kill.  Power over 1/4th of the earth to kill.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You are getting closer: it is power over and area, but no mention of how many in that area you will kill.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

8 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You are getting closer: it is power over and area, but no mention of how many in that area you will kill.

Which essentially makes it meaningless.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:29 AM, Montana Marv said:

10 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Rev 6:8c - 4th Seal - They were given power over 1/4th of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild animals of the earth.

Rev 9:18 - 6th Trumpet - A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur.....

As an example we see of a 6 Billion Population that 1.5 Billion are killed in the 4th Seal leaving 4.5 Billion.  The we see another 1.5 Billion dying (1/3 of remaining population) leaving 3 Billion people.  Most of these(maybe another 1.5 Billion???) will die at Armageddon, leaving the remainder to go into the Mill to be ruled over.

In Christ

Montana Marv

10 hours ago, iamlamad said:

These get power over 1/4th of the Earth,  no power over the other 3/4ths, can't touch them.  What do they do; they kill them by these methods.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Hi iamlamad,

Scripture doesn't actually state that it is "power over an area".

There are 1.6 (+-) billion Muslims in the world. That's approximately 1/4 of the population. They are spread across the globe, virtually in every country. If the call for jihad goes out, perhaps from Mahdi, and  Muslim's responds to that call, then we would see global mayhem on a scale never seen before.

"Authority was given them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth".....Rev 6: 8b

I'm not convinced that it is a "land mass". Perhaps we should look at this another way.

Edited by JoeCanada