• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Of course it does: their purpose is to kill with the sword, kill with famine and kill with pestilence: but why? I would suggest, to stop the advance of the gospel. Since the first seal is the church taking the gospel to a world under the leadership of Satan, it makes sense. The purpose of the church age is to take the gospel to the entire world. Jesus only started; He left it up to the church to finish.

Why did millions of unbelievers also die then. Nothing to do with spreading the Gospel.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Why did millions of unbelievers also die then. Nothing to do with spreading the Gospel.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Not so fast. No need to jump to conclusions.  Where do missionaries typical go if war breaks out? HOME.  Where would missionaries typical go if a plague breaks out? HOME.  Same with famine. All these were designed by Satan to stop the gospel. On your side of the argument, Satan was a murderer from the beginning. He will kill all he can get away with killing.

John G Lake was an exception: when plague broke out in Africa, He stayed and ministered to the sick. When doctors finally came, they asked Him what He did to protect Himself. He just quoted Romans 8:2. Most missionaries do go home.

18 hours ago, Last Daze said:

You say that when Jesus opens the first seal that the gospel goes forth.  You say this happened ~ 32AD.  The "forest" says that the opening of the seals takes place AFTER the letters are written  to the seven gentile churches in Asia Minor.  It requires some kind of time travel contortion to believe your chronology.

And you say that when Jesus opens the next four seals, also ~ 32AD, that they are opposition to the gospel.  Why would Jesus send the gospel forth only to turn around and oppose it's going forth?  Doesn't that sound a little double-minded to you?

Sorry iamlamad.  Spin it however you want but I can't seriously consider your notion of a time-traveling, double-minded Jesus eschatology.  It may be time to quit spinning and start over.

No, you are just missing the entire purpose of chapters 4 & 5. Until you understand His intent there, you will never understand the first seals.

You still don't get it. Satan is the god of this world. God had to deal with him about the earth lease. Satan wants to hold onto it forever. But God's plan was that at the 7th trumpet Satan would lose and God would win. Satan then wanted every possible road block in the way, to make it impossible for God to get the book opened.  He never, ever, thought a MAN would be able to defeat death. No man in 4000 years did. But Jesus prevailed over death and became worthy to open the seals.

Since Satan is the god of this present world, God would have NO LEGAL way to send out the church with the gospel. That is, not until a man was found worthy to open the seals. Jesus then opened the first seal, and they God could LEGALLY send out the church into Satan's world.  As soon as Jesus opened seals 2 through 4, then Satan could legally do war, famine and pestilence to stop the gospel.

Jesus HAD to open them, because to get Satan dethroned all 7 seals must be opened.

You do understand, there is WAR going on between Satan and God?

Is it that hard to believe that Satan was in God's face, demanding that if God could send out the church into his (Satan's) world, then he must have options to stop the church?  it makes perfect sense. From day one, Satan has tried to stop the church. He has failed. However, during the dark ages, it certainly looked like Satan was winning this war.

No, it is time for you to take off your preconceptions and read the text as it is written. I am going by what is written: Jesus NOT seen, Jesus NOT found worthy, the Holy Spirit NOT YET sent down, and then after time passes, Jesus FOUND worthy, then Jesus ascends and sends the Holy Spirit down. This is exactly what is written. We just read these verses differently.

Perhaps you don't understand that Satan usurped Adam's great authority and dominion. Adam was placed as the spiritual leader of this planet, with the authority to subdue Satan and all demons. Instead, he turned the world over to Satan. The entire human race then came into Satan's possession. That is why the human race had to be REDEEMED, or bought back.

Ever wonder why God asked Abraham to sacrifice His only Son? It was because God wanted to sacrifice HIS only Son - but it would have been illegal until God could get a MAN to enter into a blood covenant with Him, and sacrifice his son. That made it legal for God to sacrifice His son.

God does everything legally. Abraham was very  important to our gospel.

In the same way God had to make it legal to send out the church into Satan's world.

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

No, you are just missing the entire purpose of chapters 4 & 5. Until you understand His intent there, you will never under the first seals.

You still don't get it. Satan is the god of this world. God had to deal with him about the earth lease. Satan wants to hold onto it forever. But God's plan was that at the 7th trumpet Satan would lose and God would win. Satan then wanted every possible road block in the way, to make it impossible for God to get the book opened.  He never, ever, thought a MAN would be able to defeat death. No man in 4000 years did. But Jesus prevailed over death and became worthy to open the seals.

Since Satan is the god of this present world, God would have NO LEGAL way to send out the church with the gospel. That is, not until a man was found worthy to open the seals. Jesus then opened the first seal, and they God could LEGALLY send out the church into Satan's world.  As soon as Jesus opened seals 2 through 4, then Satan could legally do war, famine and pestilence to stop the gospel.

Jesus HAD to open them, because to get Satan dethroned all 7 seals must be opened.

You do understand, there is WAR going on between Satan and God?

Is it that hard to believe that Satan was in God's face, demanding that if God could send out the church into his (Satan's) world, then he must have options to stop the church?  it makes perfect sense. From day one, Satan has tried to stop the church. He has failed. However, during the dark ages, it certainly looked like Satan was winning this war.

No, it is time for you to take off your preconceptions and read the text as it is written. I am going by what is written: Jesus NOT seen, Jesus NOT found worthy, the Holy Spirit NOT YET sent down, and then after time passes, Jesus FOUND worthy, then Jesus ascends and sends the Holy Spirit down. This is exactly what is written. We just read these verses differently.

Perhaps you don't understand that Satan usurped Adam's great authority and dominion. Adam was placed as the spiritual leader of this planet, with the authority to subdue Satan and all demons. Instead, he turned the world over to Satan. The entire human race then came into Satan's possession. That is why the human race had to be REDEEMED, or bought back.

Ever wonder why God asked Abraham to sacrifice His only Son? It was because God wanted to sacrifice HIS only Son - but it would have been illegal until God could get a MAN to enter into a blood covenant with Him, and sacrifice his son. That made it legal for God to sacrifice His son.

God does everything legally. Abraham was very  important to our gospel.

In the same way God had to make it legal to send out the church into Satan's world.

Good grief!

:taped:......................................:blow-up:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I've said it before some people make it up as they go. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I’m trying to understand all this. I do understand that God is “legal” and deals with Satan in a legal manner. I also have heard that the scroll is the title deed to Earth. It’s a lot to take in. Thanks. The timing of it all doesn’t seem overly clear. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

45 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I’m trying to understand all this. I do understand that God is “legal” and deals with Satan in a legal manner. I also have heard that the scroll is the title deed to Earth. It’s a lot to take in. Thanks. The timing of it all doesn’t seem overly clear. 

Hi Kristin,

I am preparing some notes on that very topic, and you may like to discuss with me there. We are travelling at the moment so when we settle for a while I`ll be able to write it and have time for discussion.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Good grief!

:taped:......................................:blow-up:

Grief is usually not good.

Maybe you have another reason why God asked Abraham to sacrifice His only son?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Kristin,

I am preparing some notes on that very topic, and you may like to discuss with me there. We are travelling at the moment so when we settle for a while I`ll be able to write it and have time for discussion.

Marilyn.

I would like that very much. Just message me when you’re ready to teach on this. I need to learn and won’t argue. Lol. Thanks again ❤️

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

26 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I would like that very much. Just message me when you’re ready to teach on this. I need to learn and won’t argue. Lol. Thanks again ❤️

Hi Kristen,

I certainly will. Just a note, even though we all `teach` to some degree as we post, on the general threads, we are just giving our thoughts for discussion.

regards, Marilyn.