• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Oh boy have  I ever done it! To extremes, because the family was "into it".

I once did a twelve day fast on alternating water and lemon water  to change my ph readings. It didn't kill me obviously, and it did eventually change my ph. Big deal wow  ph changed, so? We did the whchyamacallit fungus mushroom tea drink the name of which I now forget, awful stuff that it was. Made breads from spelt, ate no processed anything. Did all that .

My wife  (50 years together, 48 married) decided it was the way to go. When she felt bad she stepped it up, then it turned out she was very sick and died of a horrible cancer. Her aunt who took garlic by the bowls full to fight  blood pressure issues and did juicing  half the day every day stroked out and took six years to die paralyzed.  They all did the collodial silver beet drink thing too.

And what did I learn? My mother who ate prime rib and sugars and  you name it just died at 93 in her own home. I am alive and active at 74 having just retired from long work weeks, eating whatever does not eat me first just as I once did  when growing up and for much of my life.  I learned God has known from before the beginning,  of our end. My diet is not going to change that. So I should not make my food habits a religious experience, nor be a slave to it. Good to have control not be gluttonous , but not let it be the "thing" of my life either.

Yet, fasting for a period is good for the Biblical purposes  of disciplining the body, as Paul put it. Making it the cause celeb though is an error in personal judgement ( IMO). It is a tool for use on special occasion, but not a product, not an end in of itself. It carries no glory  shines no light, it is but a tool,  one of many in the tool box.

Constant emphasis on diet is not the focus of a workman for Jesus. Instead it is a distraction, a part of many ministries of distraction that can be used as an  attempt to divert the saint from focus upon Jesus and onto  physical stature instead.

All that said, I did have fun at the health foods market today, eating lunch there - all organic,  all fresh, all clean. Then I bought some Ginger snap cookies  on the way out! Organic you know. I binged on them with milk last night after having some fine brie and a bit of nice wine earlier in the evening.

I don't usually drink any alcohol, fact almost never ever, but after so  much goodness, I had to have a little fine mood setting atmosphere organic alcohol and cheese with my bride.  Was wonderful, thank you Lord for a really nice day and evening.

I suspect the only way  I am going to loose weight is to run and walk it off. Dieting? Probably not -And here it is, a new day about to dawn. I evidently get to read some in the Word soon, as my mind gets more fully with it, and then  have a day of fixing up the home (Some drywalling today) and off to the health food grocery with my sweet Texas Peach bride for today's sampling, God willing that is.

Praise God for the many adventures even the one's that tend to hurt deeply, for by them all there is gain in sanctification, and awareness of the sovereignty of God.

I believe this is why Jesus said to take no thought about what to eat, just eat what God provides, usually the same basic food we grew up with........its the unbelievers who run after these things.  In our  wealthy self-indulgent society there is far too much thought being taken about food.  And guess what....the carnal mind can't figure out what we really need anyhow.........scientists are constantly changing their minds about what we should eat or not eat........and God is right where He said all that He made that is edible is good for food.  Only GOD really knows what we need so we should just not take thought and we will find that He just leads and gives us what we need as we follow Him.  We just need to be sensible, as well as moderate, and not worry our little brains about it too much like the unbelievers are doing.  I have found that the Lord even leads where vitamin/mineral supplements are concerned, when they are needed.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I believe this is why Jesus said to take no thought about what to eat, just eat what God provides, usually the same basic food we grew up with........its the unbelievers who run after these things.  In our  wealthy self-indulgent society there is far too much thought being taken about food.  And guess what....the carnal mind can't figure out what we really need anyhow.........scientists are constantly changing their minds about what we should eat or not eat........and God is right where He said all that He made that is edible is good for food.  Only GOD really knows what we need so we should just not take thought and we will find that He just leads and gives us what we need as we follow Him.  We just need to be sensible, as well as moderate, and not worry our little brains about it too much like the unbelievers are doing.  I have found that the Lord even leads where vitamin/mineral supplements are concerned, when they are needed.

Its simple .   we fast to discipline the body ,  

when we eat our meals.   Just eat in moderation.    I have noticed something .  glouttony is very SELF SERVING and if we notice it brings on many health issues.

But if we just ate in moderation we are fine .   Eat as man would have eaten long ago .  natural foods.   its that simple.  sure vitamins can be okay.  but nothing like

what we get in natural food.    And we can drink wine in moderation.  we do have communions right .   And yeah , when i say moderation that means moderation .

But if any has ever had problems with alcohol in time past , my adive DO NOT PICK IT UP again lest you be tempted.

and whatever one eats or don't eat ,  I eat as they do WHILE around them.  food , drink and days are just acts of worship.  

When i fast is unto the LORD , when i eat I give GOD thanks .   and this is why i strenuously say we should not war over meats drinks days.

Let each be fully persuaded HOW they want to willfully woship GOD and let none condemn the other for how he or she does so.

SIN that i do warn against as we should .  but meats drinks days..............NOT a salational issue...........its a worship issue .  let each choose to serve GOD on those things

as they are persuaded to do so.   

On 12/14/2017 at 4:42 PM, HarvestLabourer said:

Hi Neighbor.

While those chapters in Judges and Ezra both mention fasting to the Lord,
the "three days" (or third day) are mentioned elsewhere.

We will go three days' journey into the wilderness,
and sacrifice to the LORD our God, as He shall command us.

Exodus 8:27

After two days will He revive us:
in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight.

Hosea 6:2

The three days are also symbolized by Jonah's three day journey to the great city.
And being raised in the third day is symbolized by Jesus being raised on the third day after His crucifixion.

Bless Jesus
Paul

And David said unto Jonathan,
Behold, to morrow is the new moon, and I should not fail to sit with the King at meat:
but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even.

1 Samuel 20:5

For He taught His disciples, and said unto them,
The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill Him;
and after that He is killed, He shall rise the third day.

Mark 9:31

After percolating this for a few days........i believe this is why Jesus linked fasting to being made into new wineskins, because it puts to death the flesh so that the Lord can then resurrect/revive.....in Spirit, new, renewed......praise the Lord.  And this is also why the Lord puts such a high value on waiting upon Him.......because waiting like fasting is also a self-denial that puts to death our flesh, so that He can resurrect in Spirit what we are waiting for, the proper way in Spirit, not according to the flesh, and in His perfect timing too, not ours, which we always tends to be premature or presumptuous in the flesh.   Thanks for sharing those scriptures, Harvest, a blessed insight there.

Edited by Heleadethme

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

"Biblical fasting is no food and no water for more intense fast. There's an absolute fast and a total fast. One of them has water and one of them does not. It's giving up food, giving up water to cry out to the Lord to get your petitions heard, to get His attention. "

Giving up water for a fast can be very dangerous and even life threatening.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, Emily Souly said:

Isaiah 58:6-7

" Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Isaiah chapter 58 verse 6

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

I think this sums up your fasting.

It's better to help someone than to fast, even if your just talking to someone who's lonely or helping someone in need, any kind of help that's the way I take that verse.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

Thank you, John.

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Isaiah chapter 58 verse 6

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

I think this sums up your fasting.

It's better to help someone than to fast, even if your just talking to someone who's lonely or helping someone in need, any kind of help that's the way I take that verse.

Remember though, that some strongholds are not so easily broken.

And He said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
Mark 9:29

Bless Jesus :emot-heartbeat:
Paul

Prayer is good with fasting and alms and righteousness.
A little with righteousness is better than much with unrighteousness.
It is better to give alms than to lay up gold:

Tobit 12:8

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

20 minutes ago, HarvestLabourer said:

And He said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
Mark 9:29

Have you had any success driving out demons like that passage is talking about, I never have.

Here's what the niv says just to put a different translation in.

29 He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.[a]

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12

Love covers all wrongs.

Edited by john1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not fast. God and the Bible do not command us to fast. It is a matter of choice.

24 minutes ago, john1 said:

Have you had any success driving out demons like that passage is talking about, I never have.

Here's what the niv says just to put a different translation in.

29 He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.[a]

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12

Love covers all wrongs.

Prayer and fasting......and the preaching of the gospel.....then these signs follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

45 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Prayer and fasting......and the preaching of the gospel.....then these signs follow.

And that is the thing .   Most in churches get caught up with signs , powers , gifts,

But they have no desire for the gospel , no desire or hunger for truth and righteousness.

Most , not all, but most go to church to be told THEY something , to have their dreams met , to have THEIR desires

BUT if our desires are FOR HE ALONE , then he gives us the desires of our heart .   IF our desire is on him above and no glory for us but only recognition to HIM

that heart HAS been changed by God.   The purpose of the church has squat to do with FIVE STEPS to a better ME,  or five ways to advance in life , money cares  and selfish

wordly ambitions.     The desire has to be GOD , if that is the desire IT SHOWS WHO really IS IN US.    This is why many get led into false revivals

other spirits.   I mean look at the core behind that tarot card ,  YOUR DESTINY...............that FEEDS THE EGO and FLESH , yet they say ITS THE HOLY SPIRITS guidance.

NOPE .  tis a spirit guiding all right and what is it feeding THE FLESH.    THE HOLY SPIRIT don't FEED the flesh it gives us power to CRUCIFY the flesh and pride of life

and etc.    SO many are flesh led and think its spirit led.    Goosebumps aint the work of the Holy ghost ,  specially when its something That exalts US .  nope that is fleshen desires

and wordly pursuits .  WHY we think JOEL olsteins FIVE ways books sell so much.  ITFEEDS the hopes and egos of the flesh.  IT don't honor GOD , it serves US.

TD JAKES , power of destiny.   YEAH , when did you ever hear paul speak like that and line it up with worldy pipe dreams and ambitions.  WE DIDNT

paul SERVED GOD and his mission was to ensure GOD was exalted , recognized above all.   Heck I even remember PAUL saying he was least than all the saints

DONT hear that from KENNY DO YA...............HIMS SOME BIG POWER O GOD SIS..............HIMS pride filled.  THE LOVE of money sucks anyone dry of the holy spirit

IF they ever even had it .

• This is Worthy 1