• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I just had an event that is new to me. My sound bar for my tv just started played at maximum volume Music and  various bodily sounds. Like the one's kids like to make imitating flatulence. I did not have the tv nor the sound bar on but there was power to the bar and tv. I had to unplug the bar and tv to stop it.

A new hackers game? Anyone know? ???

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I had an older TV that had a glitch.  I'm assuming it was just a software error or oversight in the programming.  It was something I could reproducibly do when I tried.   Within the first second or so of hitting the power button to turn it on, trying to change the volume lower by holding the volume button on the remote would result in full volume and the inability to change the volume after that.  The only way to turn it down was to turn off the TV, let it start blasting at full volume, and then turn it down.   I found that there was a pause of a second or so between hitting the power button on the remote and hearing a relay click on in the TV to power it up.  If I tried to change volume before hearing the click from the TV, it would go to full volume.  One of my kids discovered this when we were are all sitting down to watch something.  The TV turned on at full volume and she couldn't get it to turn down (in spite of her sisters yelling at her to "turn it down!"  "I'm trying!!!!!").  

It's possible that a random power surge or some sequence of powering things on or off or changing other settings might cause some oddball glitches.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Yep, evidently I'm going to have to learn if there is way to password protect the bluetooth on the speaker power bar. As of now I have no use of the power bar. Just going to have to go step by step and find the issue.

Oh well, more time for better things I guess, if I just leave the tv off.  Cancel cable, cancel security service, cancel internet, cancel, cancel, cancel, and go hide in the woods. Ha. Life could be a whole lot harder. Praise God for the privilege of having a sound bar to get perturbed over.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If it's Bluetooth it could be as simple as your neighbor accidentally pairing his phone to it. Wouldn't hurt to check out all options.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

poltergeist (or it could be the poultry or fowls in the backyard) lol

Yowm I never knew you had it in you.  you spoke german .    troubled ghost .     poltergeist .    be blessed yowm.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Sound bar was hijacked? How annoying. Our TV was hijacked several times by Chromecast.