IGNORED

Will be punished by God, how should I apologise?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everybody, 

I am trying to find purpose of life in past weeks. I have been quite sad from it. Also i am suffering from OCD. 

I wanted to send a photo to my girlfriend of my brother, but than a thought jumped in my head. If send the picture my family will be struggling. It is part of my OCD. I have lot of obsession about this. I told myself, that i believe that God will help us and he will protect us. I started to being still anxious what if I send the picture. So I finally decide not to send the picture. Now I feel really anxious, because I have also told myself, that if i don't send the picture, God will punish me because If I didn't believe that he will safe us from struggling if I send the picture. So I didn't send the picture and I deleted. So know I can not send it. I am now so anxious, that God will punish me. 

What do you think about this? Please help me with this. I will be really grateful for any answer. Thank you so much! Also how should I pray? Like I mean what kind of prayers should I say? Thank you so much! 

Edited by johny111
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

First of all relax. God has already been there so He knows. No you will not be punished, I feel certain about that since you have already punished yourself enough. Yes, go see a doctor, but steer clear from the shrinks. There are many that will pray for you also so do not be afraid to ask them to.

So in your state, you're spinning your wheels frantically trying to find an answer to a question you do not really know. This leaves you open to suggestions from the dark side, and I do know about anxiety personally. Find your scriptures and look up 'fear'.
Fear is debilitating and a major tool of the devil. When God tells you to do something and convicts your spirit, He will also show you a way out. The devil NEVER does this. God is the one with your answers, so just seek Him quietly and then LISTEN.

Satan is the confuser and the condemner. He wants to steal, destroy and kill you. But God loves you with an Everlasting Love.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you so much for yours answers. It helped me. But I still don't know why I get irrational thoughts, that if i don't do this and this, than God will punish me or will not like me. For example I want to do my homework, and a thought jumps in my head: you can't do this homework or if you do, you will go to hell. I try to convince myself, that it is just part of my disorder. But than I can not still decide whether will I continue doing my homework or I will stop. I already did that I did I some think which I shouldn't. But all those actions where actually not sins, or I don't know. 

What should I do in those moments, when thought like this jumps in my head? Thank you again so much for the answers from you! 

Have a nice day! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

32 minutes ago, johny111 said:

God will punish me or will not like me.

Firstly, how were you diagnosed? God meant labels to be applied to soup cans not people.

If you were shrunk into that 'name' and then owned it, I suggest a different name for you. CHILD OF GOD.

It would be a very good thing for you to disown 'therapy' as such and focus on the scriptures. Try to reprogram your thought patterns. Have fun doing this. Write down the condemning thoughts that come to you, then find a scripture that you may recite to refute that. It is OK to have dozens of such 'answers' to the ways life has of trying to get at us.

If you DO something creative like this, it brings out the Lord's gifts in your life. He is the ultimate Creator.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Be sure to be in the Word each day, reading, studying, praying. God will not punish you for not committing sins. Perhaps the best way to counter these negative, false thoughts is to really know what the Bible teaches about God and His personality and nature. Come in close to Him and know Him better!