Mary8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 4:13    And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

Ezekiel 20:49    Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak parables?  [I am leaving this in here, new to me.]

Matthew 13:10    And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

Mark 4:2    And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,   [I hadn't fully grasped that doctrine was set forth in the parables]

Mark 4:11    And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables

Mark 4:33    And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.

Matthew 13:3    And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow  {I believe that the Lord spells out a lot, and also that He wants us to compare things in the Scriptures, to seek, to look at first mention of a word or thing in Scripture, and so forth.   To mind comes the thought about how the world couldn't contain all the books of what He taught, John 21:25.]

Matthew 13:13    Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.    [I do think the Lord wants us to understand, but He wants us to seek out meanings in the Scriptures.  If we don't get it right, He will keep helping us, directing us.]

Matthew 13:53    And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence.

Luke 8:10    And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Edited by Mary8
to cite John 21:25 correctly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

43 minutes ago, Mary8 said:

Matthew 13:13    Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.  

They don't have eyes to see or ears to hear  God's Word spiritually.

Most are in a stupor.  

Rom 11:7  What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8  (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Most of Israel is blinded with the spirit of stupor.  Why?

Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

So the gentiles(Ethnic people's) can be brought into the Olive tree.     They are the wild Olives branches that are grafted into the Tree of Life/Christ.

Mat 13:14  And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15  For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

"And their eyes they have closed,"   don't read over that for they did it to themselves.

2Th 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed(anti-christ), whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth(Truth), and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: (at the 7th trumpet.)
2Th 2:9  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Speaking of Satan and his new world order or one world system in (Rev 13:13.)

2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is also written in the old testament. 

Isa 29:9  Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
Isa 29:10  For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isa 29:11  And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isa 29:12  And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

Not learned because they don't get into studying the Word (2 Tim 2:15)
Isa 29:13  Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Precepts or men,  ie traditions of men and not what Gods Word says.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

A lot of plain clear statements in these Scriptures.   I love the story of Joseph, and how with tears He revealed Himself to his brothers, and how He fell on their necks with tears.  God is so good 

Edited by Mary8