• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Just remember that being tempted is not a sin, giving in to the sin (physically or mentally/emotionally) is. All struggle with temptation of some kind on a regular basis, and we may not even know why, where it all came from. Give it to God; each day, cry out and ask Him to take it from you, but that if it not be His will to do so, to at least give you the strength you need to resist for another day.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, secretopossumcabal said:

We ALL have to deal with temptation, you're not different than anyone else.

We're deferring the pleasure of this world, of the flesh, to be content with Christ in the spirit. Our bodies are going to die, never yield to it, never give it precedence over who you are and who God meant you to be. 

Pick up your cross and deny yourself. we ALL have to do it, there is no shortcut or easy way into heaven.... It's going to be a brutal process but it will be worth it in the end. You'll come out battle-hardened against sin, and others will see that you have a light that God placed within you and be drawn to you and in turn, to him... Seek like-minded accountability partners and groups to help each other resist wicked impulses, as it is best to face it with other Christians.

An image that might help you:

16602265_10206398773487057_4038712861408412734_o.jpg  

interesting - sophrony is incredible with this

23 hours ago, PreacherM@n said:

i have always been attracted to men and women, and ive been denying it without seeking help since forever. its not something i want to hold on to.. it can go.. why doesnt it.. i dont want to be AN animal

there are two types of people - perpetrators and victims - if a person doesn't cause evil to anybody, then they are not perpetrators - God will punish the perpetrators even if they haven't been known by any human being - there have been many men affected with homosexuality by the system of spiritual wickedness who haven't caused evil to anybody, and God hasn't punished them, because they have not been perpetrators

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

21 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I'm happy you agree, Rusty.  Where have you been lately?  :)

Had surgery on my eyes,,, now I can see again and will be here more.  Hugs...

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

4 hours ago, Sol Man said:

The Bible is very old and I'm sure there's an updated version

Truth never gets old my friend:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 hours ago, Sol Man said:

The Bible is very old and I'm sure there's an updated version up there in heaven catering for the people a bit better and more relevant, love cannot be helped and doesn't matter who it is it's still love and I think God would understand this of course, if you really love your partner then marriage is the way forward, if you're having random sex with people then that would be a sin just like hetrosexuals.

Well, in the Bible, love is not a requirement for marriage, apart from the fact, that we are to love everyone. Sometimes love, involves self denial, and the denial of others as well. No matter how much my children crave candy, if I love them, I would not raise them on a diet of sugar.

Love also, does not require sex, don't confuse the two. Sex, done God's way, is alsways between a husband and a wife, and those are always opposite genders. That has not changed, just because society has. It is society that that needs revision, not the Bible.

We do not get to just seek physical pleasure wherever the urge takes us, Godly people exercise self control, and operate withing God's will, not seeking to impose their lusts on the Bible, in an attempt to justify their sin. If you have the Spirit of God within you, you are fully capable of living life without fulfilling your lusts. Abstinence is a choice we make, if we want to please God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3

5 hours ago, Sol Man said:

The Bible is very old and I'm sure there's an updated version up there in heaven catering for the people a bit better and more relevant, love cannot be helped and doesn't matter who it is it's still love and I think God would understand this of course, if you really love your partner then marriage is the way forward, if you're having random sex with people then that would be a sin just like hetrosexuals.

There is no updated version of the Bible in heaven.  God is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He didn't soften his views on sin.  Homosexuality will keep people from making it to heaven.  So will fornication.  This particular person struggles with attraction to members of both sex, so the answer isn't that difficult for him.  As a man, he should only date women.  No sex should take place outside of marriage, so when he finds the right Christian lady, they get married and remain married till death do they part.  They remain faithful to each other.  Simple.  What is difficult is dealing with unnatural affections, but even if God doesn't completely take that away, he can find different people attractive without looking to sleep with them.  Nobody has to give in to every urge they have.  We aren't animals, and we do have the ability to say no to sin.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Nothing stands still not even god, if God Stood Still we would be in the dark ages, we are an advanced civilization thanks to God...

The all powerful god doesn't stand still...

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

45 minutes ago, Sol Man said:

Nothing stands still not even god, if God Stood Still we would be in the dark ages, we are an advanced civilization thanks to God...

The all powerful god doesn't stand still...

Hewbrews 13:8 - "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."

Malachi 3:6a - "For I am the Lord, I change not..."

Numbers 23:19a - "God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind."

Looks pretty clear per Scripture that GOD does not change, doesn't mean He stands still, but His Word/His laws don't change. Sin is sin, you can attempt to justify the lusts of your flesh all you want but at the end of the day sin is still sin and it will separate you from God.   

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 12/4/2017 at 7:01 PM, PreacherM@n said:

i have always been attracted to men and women, and ive been denying it without seeking help since forever. its not something i want to hold on to.. it can go.. why doesnt it.. i dont want to be AN animal

God tests all people in different ways brother. If God doesnt take this curse away from you it may be he wants to to draw strength from Him to fight this temptation. Like Paul who had a disability, asked God 3 times to take it away from him and God merely answered, My strength is sufficient unto thee

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/26/2002

god. loves. everyone.

:wub::emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1