ive been cursed with bisexuality

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does the Bible say about bisexuality? Is being a bisexual a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible nowhere directly mentions bisexuality. However, it is clear from the Bible's denunciations of homosexuality that bisexuality would also be considered sinful. Leviticus 18:22 declares having sexual relations with the same sex to be an abomination. Romans 1:26-27 condemns sexual relations between the same sex as abandoning what is natural. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. These truths apply equally to bisexuals and to homosexuals.

The Bible tells us that a person becomes bisexual or homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27). This does not necessarily mean sins the person has committed. Rather, it refers to sin itself. Sin warps, twists, and perverts everything in creation. Bisexuality and homosexuality are caused by sin "damaging" us spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Sin is the plague, and bisexuality is simply one of the symptoms.

Many Christians mistakenly focus on bisexuality and homosexuality as particularly evil sins. The Bible nowhere describes homosexuality as being any less forgivable than any other sin. A bisexual is the same number of steps away from salvation as the "moral" legalist - one. God offers forgiveness to anyone and everyone who will trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. This includes those involved in bisexuality. Once salvation through Christ is received, God will begin the process of destroying the acts of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21) and developing the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). Sometimes God removes our desire for a particular sin and other times He gives us strength to resist temptation. The process of transformation takes a lifetime. When we fail, God is faithful to forgive and cleanse (1 John 1:9). He is also faithful to complete His work in us (Philippians 1:6). The promise of a "new creation" is available to anyone who will trust in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

https://www.gotquestions.org/bisexual-bisexuality.html

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

On 04/12/2017 at 9:01 PM, PreacherM@n said:

i have always been attracted to men and women, and ive been denying it without seeking help since forever. its not something i want to hold on to.. it can go.. why doesnt it.. i dont want to be AN animal

Hi,

first of all seeking help and questioning yourself is a good sign of your sincerity.

Homosexual feelings have many roots. Some of them are traumatic. Maybe a lack of your father or mother presence in your life (I don't know. Not judging). The sin of homosexuality taught in the bible is that one how says "i am good with that and this is how the world should be".

Go deep in your self and try to discover the ignition point of that feeling. Once you will understand WHY then you will be able to deal with it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

w

Edited by JPD

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have struggled with homosexual attraction to someone of my own sex several times before. I can relate to how you feel. It was a really trying time. The best thing you can do is avoid the person and avoid looking them up online and avoid fantasising. If you notice a thought, shut it out immediately. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You are NOT an animal because you have same sex attractions.  God loves you very much.  As a parent of someone who struggles with this issue, I have done a lot of reading.  I have friends who have this struggle as well, and from what I know the feelings rarely go away but get much easier to manage.  You really seem to have so much shame over this which is toxic to you and will make it harder for you to not act on the feelings.  I love my daughter who struggles with this (and currently is in a same sex relationship) with every fiber of my being and would not trade her for anything in this world.  She has taught me MUCH even though she does not believe as I do ...for now.  And God LOVES you despite your struggles.  He loves you just as much as He would love you if you didn't have this temptation.  Hopefully you can find some help with this and one day will be able to minister to people that others who couldn't understand this struggle never could.....  Praying for you tonight!!

Edited by HikerMom
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On Wednesday, December 06, 2017 at 12:59 AM, shanee said:

Truth never gets old my friend:)

Correct, the turth is always the truth.  God's word does not nor does it need an updated verson.   He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He never changes nor does His Word.

• This is Worthy 1