missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Do you celebrate Christmas as the birth of Jesus Christ? Why or why not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Most people, especially those in the world just think about Jesus on Easter and Christmas... While they are carefully buying things to decorate their homes, feeding the poor, and things like that; they do not have the Lord Jesus in them and have never accepted Him in their hearts.

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:22-23

Many believe they are doing God's will in their lives and worship Him by just following worldly traditions. But in their everyday lives, the Lord is far, very far from them.

Therefore the Lord said:
    “Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
    And honor Me with their lips,
    But have removed their hearts far from Me,
    And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men," - Isaiah 29:13

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

God gave us His only begotten son to come down to us as a human. We honor the birth of Jesus Christ. The birth of Jesus Christ is "good news". A Savior was born to us. Jesus is the Savior who delivers us from sin and death.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I celebrate Christmas, not as the day He was born, but BECAUSE He was born.   The day doesn't matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No.

If you want to celebrate the birth of our Savior, hit the reset button on Christmas and start over. Traditional and historical Christmas has nothing to do with Yeshua. Throwing "Jesus" in 1 out of every 100 songs is as religious as Christmas will get. 

Christians are continuously trying to be part of this world, yet we are called to be separate.

Instead of celebrating Yeshua's birth in September(more probable), Christians decided to throw out the pagan god of Christmas, and throw in Jesus as a substitute. 

We are also called not to learn the way of the heathen. God hates and does not want us to celebrate him through pagan rituals or objects.

You may say, "but I'm celebrating Jesus' birth, not Christmas". Partaking in the pagan practices, is celebrating it in Gods eyes. Throw yourself sometime after 300 A.D. and celebrate Christmas as you are now. You will look no different from the pagans in that day, and they would consider you a pagan like themselves.

Another thing I don't understand, is how any Christian could take part in Halloween. That's another topic, but ask yourself, what title replaces Halloween better, "God's day", or "Satan's day". There is no middle. Either you're all in, or not in at all.  

Just remember this is part of satans deception: Making evil things look cute. 

Either you are hot or cold. If you're warm, Yeshua will spit you out. Like 4LdKHVCzRDj2 quoted, "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I, too, celebrate Christmas because He was born. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I celebrate Christmas, not as the day He was born, but BECAUSE He was born.   The day doesn't matter.

Christ was really not born on December 25th. We just celebrate that date for some reason. The exact time of his birth is not known.

6 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

No.

If you want to celebrate the birth of our Savior, hit the reset button on Christmas and start over. Traditional and historical Christmas has nothing to do with Yeshua. Throwing "Jesus" in 1 out of every 100 songs is as religious as Christmas will get. 

Christians are continuously trying to be part of this world, yet we are called to be separate.

Instead of celebrating Yeshua's birth in September(more probable), Christians decided to throw out the pagan god of Christmas, and throw in Jesus as a substitute. 

We are also called not to learn the way of the heathen. God hates and does not want us to celebrate him through pagan rituals or objects.

You may say, "but I'm celebrating Jesus' birth, not Christmas". Partaking in the pagan practices, is celebrating it in Gods eyes. Throw yourself sometime after 300 A.D. and celebrate Christmas as you are now. You will look no different from the pagans in that day, and they would consider you a pagan like themselves.

Another thing I don't understand, is how any Christian could take part in Halloween. That's another topic, but ask yourself, what title replaces Halloween better, "God's day", or "Satan's day". There is no middle. Either you're all in, or not in at all.  

Just remember this is part of satans deception: Making evil things look cute. 

Either you are hot or cold. If you're warm, Yeshua will spit you out. Like 4LdKHVCzRDj2 quoted, "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Christmas is not a pagan holiday. It is the birth of Jesus Christ.And neither is the Christmas tree which many debate over. But that is your choice. It is not biblical.  Halloween is past and not a part of this OP.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Christmas is not a pagan holiday. It is the birth of Jesus Christ.And neither is the Christmas tree which many debate over. But that is our choice. It is not biblical.  Halloween is past and not a part of this OP.

I think you need to do some research before claiming Christmas is not a pagan holiday. It has a deep root in pagan history, and was not even legal until after 1830-1850 in America.

Aside from that, what does any of Christmas's association have to do with the birth of Jesus. Find me one thing. Do snowmen, Christmas trees, reindeer, Santa, lights, elves, etc.? Like I said, Christians throw out the pagan god of Christmas, and throw in Jesus as a substitute.

I understand these things are hard to accept, most Christians don't want to know the truth, nor search for it. Because it's your family tradition and is hard to let go of, with all those happy memories and you don't want to disappoint your kids. It's a touchy subject because it's so close to peoples hearts, and what more can you expect than a jab in the eyes, when you reveal the truth.

Many will make the bold claim, that "Christmas is not pagan". If you ask them how they know, "Because another Christian said so", and how do they know? The same way you know. 

Edited by MyLordsServant
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

What bothers me about Christmas is it is a celebration of an event and not of Jesus himself. Then there is the entire matter that he was not born anywhere near that time of the year.

I think what should matter to us is not wither we recognize Christmas but wither God recognizes Christmas because he is the one who defined Christianity and all that it entails. I would think if God would have approved of the day it would not have been confiscated so quickly by commercial interests.

We can claim something is what we claim it to be, whenever and wherever we want, but it is God that makes it sacred and without his power and authority we are just being people making noise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1