• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes, and if casual or curious readers come and read the nonsense these people post they may very well just roll their eyes and move on.  I just hate it and I also know for sure that some have left Worthy because of the 'out there' stuff and the arguments that go on weeks over things like Christmas.  SDAs and other fringe elements love to throw a wrench into the works.

You should hope you are part of the fringe, MorningGlory, because the mainstream has fallen away.  Come to Jesus outside the camp......because that is where He is found.......not in the mainstream any longer.......the glory has departed His house.  I have nothing more to say......other than to reiterate for the third or fourth time that I do celebrate Christmas, and am not railing against the celebration of Jesus's coming to this earth......only that we should celebrate in a Godly, not unGodly way.......that is all.  So read more carefully sister, because that is not the only thing you have misread.  Bless you.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

You should hope you are part of the fringe, MorningGlory, because the mainstream has fallen away.  Come to Jesus outside the camp......because that is where He is found.......not in the mainstream any longer.......the glory has departed His house.  I have nothing more to say......other than to reiterate for the third or fourth time that I do celebrate Christmas, and am not railing against the celebration of Jesus's coming to this earth......only that we should celebrate in a Godly, not unGodly way.......that is all.  So read more carefully sister, because that is not the only thing you have misread.  Bless you.

I'm not 'misreading' anything nor is anyone else who rejects the legalism.  I reject the teaching of the legalists and that's exactly what I read here.  And it's exactly what I mean when I say it.  If you can't understand, or don't want to, so be it.  But the 'fringe' is the problem.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

20 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I'm not 'misreading' anything nor is anyone else who rejects the legalism.  I reject the teaching of the legalists and that's exactly what I read here.  And it's exactly what I mean when I say it.  If you can't understand, or don't want to, so be it.  But the 'fringe' is the problem.

The issue of legalism might be a good topic for another thread.  I do not like legalism either, and we need to sort of rightly divide and understand what that is, and what it isn't.  But preaching what the bible says..... is not legalism.....it's what we are supposed to do.......and it's what the church badly lacks nowadays, hence it is falling away.  Anyhow.....topic for another day, Lord willing.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

5 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Misrepresentation.  You can try and re-define it into more user-friendly terms, or try the whole "You have to meet Jesus outside the box" logical fallacy, but the fact remains that anyone that goes around telling others they have to observe the Mosaic Sabbath, or not have a Christmas tree, or tell a woman she can't wear pants, or has to use nothing but a KJV Bible is a legalist.  You can deny the term because it makes you sound icky and then try and re-define it into something that sounds not-so-bad, but that does nothing to change the fact that anyone pushing that kind of junk is a legalist.  Legalism gets one nowhere.  It makes you no more "holy," or no better a Christian, or no closer to Jesus than anyone else.  It just gives you a false sense of security "knowing" you are somehow better because of what you either "are" or, especially "are not" doing.  Since you push the Sabbath, you are a legalist.  You can reject the term because you don't like it, but what you push makes you a legalist.

Exactly. And why so many of them seem to be flocking to this site in ever-increasing numbers remains an utter mystery to me.

Edited by John Robinson

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

Exactly. And why so many of them seem to be flocking to this site in ever-increasing numbers remains an utter mystery to me.

The purpose is to divide, disrupt and cause confusion, at least among those new in their faith or those that are a little wobbly, IMO.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

19 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The purpose is to divide, disrupt and cause confusion, at least among those new in their faith or those that are a little wobbly, IMO.

Sounds about right ... sadly. I wonder if it's only going to get worse, both here and on other sites.

Honest to Rudy, I'd almost rather deal with atheists; at least you know what you're getting. But these legalists are so darn slippery.  :(

Edited by John Robinson
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Sounds about right ... sadly. I wonder if it's only going to get worse, both here and on other sites.

Honest to Rudy, I'd almost rather deal with atheists; at least you know what you're getting. But these legalists are so darn slippery.  :(

It IS easier to deal with atheists than those who misinterpret the Word.

41 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That's because all of them have a different hobby horse they ride around.  Since they cannot understand Grace through Faith they base salvation on a code of what you either do or do not do, instead of Christ's finished work on the Cross, and their concept of "holiness" rests on some act that is either performed, or not performed.  The condition of one's heart through Jesus is meaningless and you become an evil person if you do something on their naughty list, or don't do something on their nice list.

"I'm holy because I go to church on Saturday."

"I'm holy because I only read the King James Bible."

"I'm holy because I don't eat shrimp."

"I'm holy because I don't drink alcohol."

"I'm holy because I don't have a Christmas Tree."

The problem is, doing or not doing something makes you no better than any other person out there.  The actual problem lies in the fact that they think it does.  It's a hole that's as big around as a city block, but people don't even fall into it accidentally.  They jump into it willingly, like they would a swimming pool.  Then they try and convince everyone else to jump in the hole with them.  And they aren't very nice about it.

Yes, that's a pretty sound explanation of the SDAs and other fringe groups' way of thinking and interpreting Scripture.  They just do not understand that Jesus ushered in the Age of Grace.  All the rules and rituals will gain a man nothing.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Sin is transgression of God's law 1st John...and as Paul said in Romans 6 "do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid"..

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, MorningGlory said:

It IS easier to deal with atheists than those who misinterpret the Word.

Can you tell me where "christmas" or dec 25th or any of your other pagan days are blessed, sanctified and commanded by God in the Bible?