Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

I have seen many numbers given in connection with the tribulation ,  but I have  yet to see a number given from those who reject the pre-tribulation rapture  as to what percent of the

Christian population present at the beginning of the tribulation are slaughtered in it ? 

Ballpark figures mind you , no wrong answers .

A  50 / 50  split perhaps ? 

Or given that the slaughter is to be on a scale the Lord says the world has  " never seen "  maybe just a scoach more ,  53 %  or 57% ?

Never really considered it , being a pre -tribulation adherent myself , but those who believe they would go into it  must have considered the odds of how many , family members, friends  would

be of the group to witness the unprecedented  slaughter and suffering of their  fellow believers and brethren  , and yet be so lucky as to  live and  win the Rapture lottery and leave it all

behind . 

How Lucky they will be .

" He leadeth me ."   ( Psalm 22 :2 )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

26 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I have seen many numbers given in connection with the tribulation ,  but I have  yet to see a number given from those who reject the pre-tribulation rapture  as to what percent of the

Christian population present at the beginning of the tribulation are slaughtered in it ? 

Or given that the slaughter is to be on a scale the Lord says the world has  " never seen "  maybe just a scoach more ,  53 %  or 57% ?

Never really considered it , being a pre -tribulation adherent myself , but those who believe they would go into it  must have considered the odds of how many , family members, friends  would

be of the group to witness the unprecedented  slaughter and suffering of their  fellow believers and brethren  , and yet be so lucky as to  live and  win the Rapture lottery and leave it all

behind . 

How Lucky they will be .

• After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands.   Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?”  I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  Revelation 7:9,13-14

Probably best to leave it at that . . . and to be ready for it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.48
  • Days Won:  1

http://biblehub.com/daniel/7-21.htm

It's said to be little because it's a very small country.Looking at its demographics,only 2 percent of its population with a much larger percentage to be antichrist.

33 minutes ago, Last Daze said:
  • After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands.   Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?”  I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  Revelation 7:9,13-14

Probably best to leave it at that . . . and to be ready for it.

So would these be the Christians slaughtered  in the tribulation  ,  or the lucky ones who watch the slaughter before boarding the Rapture express ?

Edited by Unfailing Presence

6 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

http://biblehub.com/daniel/7-21.htm

It's said to be little because it's a very small country.Looking at its demographics,only 2 percent of its population with a much larger percentage to be antichrist.

How then does such a " very small country "  account for something the Lord says will be something   " the  world has never seen "  ? 

We have had 2 WORLD wars in the last 100 years alone with hundreds on millions slaughtered .

A tough act to follow with just one   " very small country "   involved .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

behind . 

How Lucky they will be .

To my knowledge the Bible doesn't indicate the percentage of Christians that will be slaughtered during the tribulation, but a remnant will enter the Kingdom age. but based on the wording it appears to be a majority. Evidently 2/3 of the Jewish population will be destroyed and 1/3 will be a remnant going into the millennium. If memory serves, about 3/4 of the gentile population will be destroyed by the various plagues, Antichrist, earthquakes, natural and supernatural disasters, etc. Enough of a remnant of the Jew and gentile to repopulate the earth during the millennium. That's from memory and not supported.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

behind . 

How Lucky they will be .

Today's population in the world is roughly around 7 billion. 1.5 million died in Auschwitz during WW2. I saw an article on-line a while ago that said they think one out of two people will die during the seven year tribulation. The Bible does not give a number so that of course is speculation.

How then does such a " very small country "  account for something the Lord says will be something   " the  world has never seen "  ? 

We have had 2 WORLD wars in the last 100 years alone with hundreds on millions slaughtered .

A tough act to follow with just one   " very small country "   involved .

I thought you were talking about how many saints would die.You were actually talking About people who call themselves Christian.

The saints will be persecuted and killed while "Christians" talk about how many christiana are going to die in the tribulation.

I would bet there will be more Muslims die during the great tribulation than Christians.

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

To my knowledge the Bible doesn't indicate the percentage of Christians that will be slaughtered during the tribulation, but a remnant will enter the Kingdom age. but based on the wording it appears to be a majority. Evidently 2/3 of the Jewish population will be destroyed and 1/3 will be a remnant going into the millennium. If memory serves, about 3/4 of the gentile population will be destroyed by the various plagues, Antichrist, earthquakes, natural and supernatural disasters, etc. Enough of a remnant of the Jew and gentile to repopulate the earth during the millennium. That's from memory and not supported.

Your use of the term " remnant " would seem to indicate a majority of at least 75 % of the Christians entering the tribulation slaughtered , with a remnant remaining to be 

raptured .