• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, ytLiJC said:

i thought project mkultra has been discontinued

That's funny! ^_^

I'm not on LSD with CIA, MK Ultra kills, the Spirit gives life and rescues the demon-possessed!

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Discernment is about knowing the truth. Truth is the ONLY reality. Anything not true is unreal. That is why it is so important.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Is it even possible for the human mind to know the Truth as He exist in reality? Maybe, the only thing we see clearly is Christ crucified. The understanding we glory in today will be the dark cave from which we emerge tomorrow. Faith and Hope in the unseen is the engine that powers the Great Commission. Our wisdom has no impact upon the Holy Spirits accomplishments.

"And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 Corinthians 13:1-3, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

In peace

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 12/24/2017 at 8:26 AM, Waggles said:

1Corinthians 12:10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues;

to another the interpretation of tongues:

discernment is not a gift of the Holy Spirit distributed to the Spirit-filled church. 

discernment as you describe it arises out of; first the receiving of the indwelling Holy Spirit, who teaches us spiritual things and of Jesus. 

Second, there are the gifts of 

1Corinthians 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

these gifts allow us to exercise discernment as insight, prudence and understanding. 

But the gift of discerning of spirits is a gift to prevent a Pentecostal believer being deceived by false doctrines and false miracles. 

The enemy is capable of playing games with undisciplined Pentecostal disciples who are not grounded and stablished in the word of God.

It is imperative that one prays for the discerning whether or not something is of Jesus.

1Thessalonians 5:21  Prove [test] all things; hold fast that which is good.

1John 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try [test] the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

thus the gift of discerning of spirits is a vital and necessary component of a saints spiritual armour. 

I think the Scripture applies: "If any man lacks wisdom let him ask of God who gives liberally and doesn't put one down for asking".  Also, "Be not unwise, but understand what the will of God is".  Therefore "discernment" is the basic wisdom that every Christian believer should have.