IGNORED

Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, orders US embassy move

Guest shiloh357

1 hour ago, OldSchool2 said:

If Prez Trump had simply not signed the waiver preventing the move of the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem it would have been a de facto recognition of that city as Israel's capital without any fanfare to give local Muslims yet another excuse to riot.

This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.  I didn't realize how dumb it was till I looked more closely at the last part of this sentence.  This is the kind of thing a person who has never followed the news might believe, but not anyone that is informed at all.  What I am referring to specifically is "...without any fanfare to give local Muslims yet another excuse to riot."  We are supposed to believe that if President Trump had just quietly moved the embassy, local Muslims wouldn't have an excuse to riot and would play nice.  How do we take anyone serious that would be that naïve?  They don't need excuses to riot, but just allowing the embassy to be moved would give them an excuse.  

I don't really think you are this stupid Old School.  I think you are out of your mind with blind hatred, and your thinking is clouded.  Nobody that has even casually watched the news would believe what you said.  You are doing yourself a huge disservice in continuing to try to find ways to make Trump look bad for his actions in this instance.  It won't work.  Give it up.  Trump did the right thing, and he did it in the right way.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Democracy isn't a shield for murder. Being a democracy has nothing to do with it. 

Being the only democracy in the Mid East has everything to do with it.

3 hours ago, Butero said:

This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.  I didn't realize how dumb it was till I looked more closely at the last part of this sentence.  This is the kind of thing a person who has never followed the news might believe, but not anyone that is informed at all.  What I am referring to specifically is "...without any fanfare to give local Muslims yet another excuse to riot."  We are supposed to believe that if President Trump had just quietly moved the embassy, local Muslims wouldn't have an excuse to riot and would play nice.  How do we take anyone serious that would be that naïve?  They don't need excuses to riot, but just allowing the embassy to be moved would give them an excuse.  

I don't really think you are this stupid Old School.  I think you are out of your mind with blind hatred, and your thinking is clouded....

DCFJUdtXUAA_h25.jpg

3 hours ago, Butero said:

That scripture has nothing to do with this kind of situation.  It only applies to religious activity to be seen.  If you pray or do good deeds to be seen, you already have a reward.  The leader of a country making a policy change is a big deal, and should be announced with fanfare.  Trump did it the right way, and no matter how he did it, the riots would have taken place.  There is no way the Palestinian leaders would have had their heads so far in the sand, they didn't notice when we moved our embassy.  Trump could have done it your way, and then he would have looked cowardly....

... yet he had no problem with his looks after getting five military deferments during Vietnam.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Being the only democracy in the Mid East has everything to do with it.

So you think a democracy should protect rioters killing people?  That is how you think a democracy works?

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

... yet he had no problem with his looks after getting five military deferments during Vietnam.

How is that even relevant?  Lot's of people got the same deferments. They are are legal and not dishonorable.

And what makes you think that option  was available to him???...

All Prez Trump had to do was nothing and the embassy would have been greenlighted to move to jersalem. So how was doing nothing not available to him?

He was not blowing his own horn....

Yes he was. 

"Yet for over 20 years, every previous American president has exercised the law's waiver, refusing to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, or to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital city. Presidents issued these waivers under the belief that delaying the recognition of Jerusalem would advance the cause of peace...." 

... which was why Trump delayed moving the embassy when he first took office despite promises to the contrary.

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

How is that even relevant?  Lot's of people got the same deferments. They are are legal and not dishonorable.

Legal, but not very courageous.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So you think a democracy should protect rioters killing people?  That is how you think a democracy works?

No, I think Israel shouldn't "work" as if were the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, OldSchool2 said:

No, I think Israel shouldn't "work" as if were the Islamic Republic of Iran.

They aren't'.   It's the Palestinians who are going to that.