IGNORED

Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, orders US embassy move

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Which is another example of how ridiculously lame and inaccurate your posts are.  

"Trump said previous U.S. presidents have 'failed to deliver' on pledges to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 'I am delivering,' he said in a speech that began shortly after 1 p.m.

"'Today we finally acknowledge the obvious,' he said...."

All too obvious.

You're implying that he made the move to get fanfare for himself.  I am saying that such is not the case.

"Trump said previous U.S. presidents have 'failed to deliver' on pledges to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 'I am delivering,' he said in a speech that began shortly after 1 p.m...."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/06/568838360/watch-president-trump-to-speak-on-jerusalem

10 hours ago, Butero said:

This isn't a "good deed," and it wasn't done to receive rewards in heaven.  It was a policy decision made by the President.  He was announcing a change in policy to the world.  

... especially his evangelical base, who see it as a good thing to do. Do you disagree?

Actually the crime rate in Israel is far, lower than in those cities....

That's what I meant.

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

"Trump said previous U.S. presidents have 'failed to deliver' on pledges to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 'I am delivering,' he said in a speech that began shortly after 1 p.m.

"'Today we finally acknowledge the obvious,' he said...."

All too obvious.

26 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

"Trump said previous U.S. presidents have 'failed to deliver' on pledges to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 'I am delivering,' he said in a speech that began shortly after 1 p.m...."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/06/568838360/watch-president-trump-to-speak-on-jerusalem

Which is nothing but your ignorant spin on the matter. That is not "fanfare."   It is fact. 

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

... especially his evangelical base, who see it as a good thing to do. Do you disagree?

I absolutely believe his evangelical base will be very happy about this.  It was one of his campaign promises.  I hardly think doing what you said, which will naturally please the voters, is a bad thing.  When politicians break their promises, they are normally criticized, not the other way around.  

12 hours ago, Butero said:

I absolutely believe his evangelical base will be very happy about this.  It was one of his campaign promises.  I hardly think doing what you said, which will naturally please the voters, is a bad thing.  When politicians break their promises, they are normally criticized, not the other way around.  

But recall that in June Trump did break a campaign promise when he quietly signed the waiver delaying moving our embassy to Jerusalem for another six months, only to make a big show of now recognizing the city as Israel's rightful capital last week.

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Which is nothing but your ignorant spin on the matter. That is not "fanfare."   It is fact. 

It's both!

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:17 AM, shiloh357 said:

OS2 has to take that approach because he can't acutally criticize the president on this matter in terms of policy.  The problem is that he can't simply admit the president did the right thing and let it go at that.   He MUST criticize the president even for doing the right thing....

My issue with Prez Trump is that when he does the right thing, he often does it in the wrong way and for his own reasons.

6 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

But recall that in June Trump did break a campaign promise when he quietly signed the waiver delaying moving our embassy to Jerusalem for another six months, only to make a big show of now recognizing the city as Israel's rightful capital last week.

That is not why he did that.  He said at the time he wanted to get input from advisors about the impact of such a move, so he only delayed things.  He got the information he wanted and now he has made the move.  This may be the first time I have ever seen a President criticized for keeping a campaign promise.  Considering how many years this has been delayed, 6 months is reasonable.