• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 hours ago, Hmh123 said:

I need help as to what to do with my life. 

I’m 24 and haven’t done anything with my life. I went to college for fashion and dropped out. Now I live with my mother. I think of joining the Air Force or navy. I owe student loans and have to wait 6 months to go back to college. I was adopted from my mom. I don’t even like living with her. I was taken from her for a reason, because she’s crazy. She pays no attention to me. We don’t even talk. The people I know are just people from church I’ve just recently met and even then those people don’t really want to be my friend because I carry to much baggage. I waited really late to repent. Even though I’m clearly alive right now, I feel like I killed myself inside spiritually a long time ago. I wish I could just kill myself and be put into a new body. I screw my whole life up. By the time I graduate college, I’ll be 28 or 29. Most kids graduate way earlier than that. I just have to deal with so many things I’ve done in my life and I don’t realize things are a mistake till after I do them. It’s hard growing up with no family or people who care about you. I just jumped at things and never did my research.

Hi Hmh,

Thank you for sharing your pain. It is the road we have all travelled one way or the other. The important thing, the most important thing is - that you realise where your road is leading and you want to stop going there. The Only way, the really only way any of us can get on the right road is to cry out to God, `Lord I`m sorry, I repent of all those things.......... Please forgive me and show me how to live.` 

Your life has been tough however through life`s damage (in all of us) God can make `something beautiful `(as the song Yowm posted) of YOUR LIFE. He is doing it with all of us, who have all, yes all made a mess of our lives, and He will do it for you, a step at a time. He wont rush you, but you will find the way opening up to you and a `light` upon your way guiding you like never before. And you will know, really know the love of the Father (God) in a special way. So take that step...reach out......

We are all with you, praying and listening to hear your new journey.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello hmh

Please re-read all the posts by the caring people above.  They are absolutely right.  GOD LOVES YOU PRECIOUS GIRL!  Have faith; He will reveal Himself to you as you continue to seek first the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness.... all things will be added unto you (my paraphrase of Matt. 6:33) :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 hours ago, Hmh123 said:

I need help as to what to do with my life. 

I’m 24 and haven’t done anything with my life. I went to college for fashion and dropped out. Now I live with my mother. I think of joining the Air Force or navy. I owe student loans and have to wait 6 months to go back to college. I was adopted from my mom. I don’t even like living with her. I was taken from her for a reason, because she’s crazy. She pays no attention to me. We don’t even talk. The people I know are just people from church I’ve just recently met and even then those people don’t really want to be my friend because I carry to much baggage. I waited really late to repent. Even though I’m clearly alive right now, I feel like I killed myself inside spiritually a long time ago. I wish I could just kill myself and be put into a new body. I screw my whole life up. By the time I graduate college, I’ll be 28 or 29. Most kids graduate way earlier than that. I just have to deal with so many things I’ve done in my life and I don’t realize things are a mistake till after I do them. It’s hard growing up with no family or people who care about you. I just jumped at things and never did my research.

Yep you do need help. Most of us do. And that is okay, really it is.

I'm 74 and seeking a career. Same ole same ole. EXCEPT that I learned to make work my play. I refused to buy into the standard thinkings on work, pay compensation, rewards, and retirement. I refused once I realized my grocer did not care about my money in terms of my hourly wage nor what certificates I had  displayed  on my walls. He just wanted the bill at the cash register paid before I left with his goods. Once I realized that, I refused to accept as satisfactory the rate  of wages from my employers as  a mark of success or failure. And I learned  to work for the pleasure of it, and then to work for myself.  I also learned and later served as a soldier in Christ Jesus army. I joined that army at about age 40, and have put in about 34 years now.

Oh I could tell you of how poor I have been, that I lived on crackers and warmed milk when I was five. That I saw my father graduate from college when he was thirty five after having lost a business of his own and struggling to work raise a family and gain an education in the field he thought he would enjoy. He and my mother went on to start four companies. They gave back in the form of inventing medical devices that enabled doctors to rebuild faces  of soldiers hurt in combat. I could tell you that I have had six careers to date, been prosperous a few times, and lost it just as many. I too had a hard  mother, and a hard dad. But both I miss greatly today.

Hey, life is hard! Whether one screws up or not, life is hard. So what do you do, piddle and moan, or get  in the game? I suggest getting in the game.  Otherwise you might be sitting in your own stuff for another fifty years of complaining.

Find a hero, and emulate that hero's attitude for awhile, till you  learn to handle the tiller of your own ship. My own hero is much younger than I.  She has suffered greatly from birth the disease of arthritis. She is deformed, body parts frozen together in pain, yet she teaches, has a very strong husband, an has adopted kids.  She has the most beautiful face and wonderfully clever humor, of any person I know. It has a smile on it even when tears from the many pains fall. And she enjoys life. When asked how does she do it, she says, I love my life. She also knows there will be no pain for her to endure one day, and that her plight is testimony of encouragement to so many today.

She is a wonder to behold. She is my hero. Find one for yourself! Work and become one to others, all under the guidance of God the Holy Spirit,  in the name of Jesus, to the glory of God the Father. And then you will have deep satisfaction that comes from the hard journey. You will run the race and will finish it well. 

Do not buy the bargain from Satan to settle, nor buy into his tale of dispair. Embrace Jesus and work hard, very hard till it becomes the source of joy of your life, doing all that you do for the glory of God.

Edited by Neighbor
fixed typos
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

PS Be of good cheer! Why I never graduated from college per se. I went to a specialty school  for a year and then for many years attended nights at local junior colleges taking classes that have helped me in my own business needs. Most helpful of all has been business law.

If I were starting again I would not waste a moment seeking a degree from a college. I would seek out what I need in order to do what I may want, but would  refuse to be seeking a certificate from a college. Those things are a dime a dozen. Make those your goal and you will gather many of them  only to find yourself working for someone that has not a one of them, but is the boss of you.

PS- just started thinking through how many certificates one may  obtain in life, starting at birth itself and going clean through  to death. Silly stuff to be collecting, certificates that state others have an opinion about us. Guess about the only one I am yet missing  regarding me personally is that last one. And will I care about that one even? I doubt it.

Everyone wants to have us certified. I know I am certified, so many others tell me so. I do not have need of the formality (LOL).  That bit of silliness said  to cheer you up that all is not lost, for you have not yet begun to fight.- A paraphrase of John Paul Jones famous statement .

"

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

I have not yet begun to fight!

It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not risk cannot win.

If fear is cultivated it will become stronger, if faith is cultivated it will achieve mastery.

Whoever can surprise well must conquer."

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Some really great advice here.

Do not sit on your duff. Get out and get some kind of position that pays. Who cares what it is. Then do your very best and become indispensable. You will be surprised where that will lead you and the Lord God will bless and keep you.

Just decide to DO IT...

• Thumbs Up 2