• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

That day still lives in memory and in memoriam of the many that gave all, that  many may still be free today.

Declared on radio by Then US President Franklin D. Roosevelt in a seven minute speech the voice of which is still available  at Wikipedia. 

Praise God for that privilege and thanks to the generations before me that sacrificed so deeply of much that I may live free, to be a bond-servant of Jesus.

Please take opportunity to listen this day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infamy_Speech

• This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

e1187cf6c3d3aa377ce6a4b9dd8027af_XL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

One of the things I'd like to do before kicking the bucket is to go see the Arizona Monument.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

There's a reason they are called "the greatest generation." God Bless them, and we pray for the healing of our nation. Many gave their last measure of self, so that we and our progeny may live in peace, security and freedom. 

As a nation we are squandering away God's blessing on America and Him that bestowed that blessing. Soon a deviant group(s) will find fault with those that gave all, and the freedoms they sacrificed for. Then protest and demand the days we honor and remember them be abolished, in favor of all inclusiveness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

One of the things I'd like to do before kicking the bucket is to go see the Arizona Monument.

You are new so you may not know this, I live in arizona. In the downtown phoenix area is the anchor off the uss arizona, and in the national cemetery in phoenix is the flagpole from the uss arizona. In glendale arizona, they have a veterans memorial that contains some metal parts from the uss arizona. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Marginally related to the attack on pearl harbor ...

Earlier this week, another one of the navajo codetalkers died. Not one of the original 29 (they are all gone now) but one of the second group after the code was created by the original 29. Another one of them died in october. I had the privilege of meeting some of them when I lived on the rez. You couldnt miss them. They dressed in bright yellow/gold shirts and red hats. 

The original 29 received the congressional gold medal of honor. The ones that followed received the congressional silver medal. 

During the time when the codetalkers volunteered to serve in the military, and developed the unbreakable code, the navajo people did not have the right to vote, a right that other races had in the us.