• Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Amen sister!  Absolutely agree.

I'm not convinced that the sheep-goat separation is before the millennium but that is neither here nor there.  How do you scripturally back up your statement that "many unbelievers will not take the mark"?  I don't think that we can conceive of what conditions will be like after 2.5 billion people die as the result of the seals 2, 3, and 4 war or what impact that will have on the human psyche.  Combine that with the false prophet performing amazing signs and wonders and deceiving the world thereby into believing that he is actually God and that those who refuse his mark-image will be put to death and I'm not so sure about the idea that many unbelievers won't take the mark.  The mark and the image are inseparable.

Perhaps not.  But only those who have lived a life of obedience will have the discernment and strength to resist the mark-image and literally offer themselves as a sacrifice.

• Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.  Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.  Philippians 2:5-8

You're correct Marilyn.  It is all about obedience.  Even if that obedience costs us our lives.  May we have that attitude in ourselves.

Hi Last Daze,

So then who are these people?

`Now it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of the Lord`s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, many nations shall come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways. and we shall walk in His paths." (Micah 4: 1 & 2)

`And it shall come to pass that every one who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be that WHOEVER OF THE FAMILIES of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts on them there shall be no rain.......they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not go up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 16 - 18)

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, all.

Wow. Lots have been said, and lots have been rebutted, but I'm sorry. Revelation 3:10 is NOT in our future. One should consider to whom Yeshua` is talking and WHEN He addressed them.

3:10 is a portion of 3:7-13, the brief letter to the Philadelphians:

Revelation 3:7-13
7 And to the angel [messenger] of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship [bow down] before thy [singular, therefore the MESSENGER'S] feet, and to know that I have loved thee [the MESSENGER]
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
KJV

Once again, it's important to understand that in both the Greek and in the KJV, this passage is written to a SINGULAR person, not a group of people! He's not saying these things to a congregation; He's saying them to the MESSENGER - the LEADER - the PASTOR - of this church, this ekkleesia kuriokon! Wikipedia has this to say about the city:

Ancient Philadelphia

Alaşehir began as perhaps one of the first ancient cities with the name Philadelphia. It was established in 189 BC by King Eumenes II of Pergamon (197–160 BC). Eumenes II named the city for the love of his brother, who would be his successor, Attalus II (159–138 BC), whose loyalty earned him the nickname, "Philadelphos", literally meaning "one who loves his brother". The city is perhaps best known as the site of one of the seven churches of Asia in the Book of Revelation.

Lacking an heir, Attalus III Philometer, the last of the Attalid kings of Pergamum, bequeathed his kingdom, including Philadelphia, to his Roman allies when he died in 133 BC. Rome established the province of Asia in 129 BC by combining Ionia and the former Kingdom of Pergamum.

Roman Philadelphia

Philadelphia was in the administrative district of Sardis (Pliny NH 5.111). In AD 17, the city suffered badly in an earthquake, and the Roman emperor Tiberius relieved it of having to pay taxes (Tacitus Annales 2.47, cf. Strabo 12.8.18, 13.4.10, John Lydus de mensibus 4.115). In response, the city granted honors to Tiberius. Evidence from coinage reveals that Caligula helped the city; under Vespasian, Philadelphia received his cognomen, Flavia. Under Caracalla, Philadelphia housed an imperial cult; its coins bore the word Neokoron (literally, "temple-sweeper"—caretaker of the temple). A small theater located at the northern edge of Toptepe Hill is all that remains of Roman Philadelphia.

Philadelphia in the Book of Revelation

Although several ancient cities bore the name of Philadelphia,[6] this is definitely the one listed among the seven churches by John in the Book of Revelation.[7]Philadelphia is the sixth church of the seven (Revelation 1:11). A letter specifically addressed to the Philadelphian church is recorded in Revelation 3:7-13. According to this letter, the Philadelphian Christians were suffering persecution at the hands of the local Jews, whom Revelation calls "the synagogue of Satan" (Revelation 3:9). The city's history of earthquakes may lie behind the reference to making her church a temple pillar (Revelation 3:12).

Aside from the peculiar fact that Smyrna was warned of temptation lasting "ten days" while Philadelphia was promised a total exemption from temptation, Philadelphia shares with Smyrna the distinction of receiving nothing but praise from Christ. This explains why modern Protestant churches sometimes use "Philadelphia" as a component in the local church's name as a way of emphasizing its faithfulness.

So this church no longer exists in the same way as when the letters were dictated to Yochannan (John). It was a LITERAL city and a LITERAL called-out group of believers belonging to the Lord, Messiah Yeshua`. It doesn't represent some time period within the last 2,000 years, nor does it give us information that is future to us! The prophecies for this particular called out group of believers were fulfilled soon after they were written and BEFORE the city's demise - BEFORE the "hour of testing" that came upon the whole world; that is, the whole Roman Empire, the known world at that time.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

So then who are these people?

`Now it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of the Lord`s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, many nations shall come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways. and we shall walk in His paths." (Micah 4: 1 & 2)

`And it shall come to pass that every one who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be that WHOEVER OF THE FAMILIES of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts on them there shall be no rain.......they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not go up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 16 - 18)

regards, Marilyn.

I have thoughts on that but that's a different topic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I have thoughts on that but that's a different topic.

Hi Last Daze,

God`s word leads us always on to discover more of Him & His purposes. Look forward to your thoughts on another thread. bro.

Marilyn.