• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

hello

i am having a problem with an old stain (mayonnaise from a crab salad) seeped into wooden floor, it has happened for a while now.

i had no idea wooden floor is SO absorbent but i could no longer see the stain, but the odor keep coming out of it :(

i don't know what to do, i have wiped the surface with water and essential oil for so many time, it does not work :(

i read somewhere the mixing vinegar, baking soda and water and then spray onto the surface, let it soak for 15 minutes before wipe it off works, but i don't know where i should try it, given how absorbent mine wooden floor seem to be, i don't know what will happen or if it will work.

any ideas?

thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Equippers said:

hello

i am having a problem with an old stain (mayonnaise from a crab salad) seeped into wooden floor, it has happened for a while now.

i had no idea wooden floor is SO absorbent but i could no longer see the stain, but the odor keep coming out of it :(

i don't know what to do, i have wiped the surface with water and essential oil for so many time, it does not work :(

i read somewhere the mixing vinegar, baking soda and water and then spray onto the surface, let it soak for 15 minutes before wipe it off works, but i don't know where i should try it, given how absorbent mine wooden floor seem to be, i don't know what will happen or if it will work.

any ideas?

thank you

I would move my couch over and spray it on the floor under there where it won't show.        The baking soda shouldn't hurt the wood, but the vinegar might.     Any moisture at all is not good for wood.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Equippers said:

hello

any ideas?

thank you

Maybe enoob could answer your question.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I would try carpet fresh, dry, and let it sit on the stain for a couple of days.  It's pretty absorbent with odors; I use it to layer under the litter in my cats' boxes.    As others have said,ANY water is bad for a wood floor. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Sand it down and refinish the floor.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

What about using that air freshener that doesn't just mask odors, but it removes odors from the air?   Not a permanent fix, but might help...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I would try carpet fresh, dry, and let it sit on the stain for a couple of days.  It's pretty absorbent with odors; I use it to layer under the litter in my cats' boxes.    As others have said,ANY water is bad for a wood floor. 

hello, do you mean to spray carpet fresh, let it dry and then let it sit on the stain for a few days?

or do you mean there is a dry form of carpet cleaner go by the name carpet fresh?

i did a google search but could not find a dry form of carpet cleaner by that brand name?

thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

thank you all for your inputs :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Try lemon to get rid of the smell. It also cleans as well. Then a hot iron on a cloth might work to rid any oils still remaining.

Olive oil is also something that can be applied to wooden floor stains. Depends on the type of wood. Red oak is porous, white oak is not. Some people actually use mayonnaise as a stain removal as well.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2017 at 2:29 AM, Justin Adams said:

Try lemon to get rid of the smell. It also cleans as well. Then a hot iron on a cloth might work to rid any oils still remaining.

Olive oil is also something that can be applied to wooden floor stains. Depends on the type of wood. Red oak is porous, white oak is not. Some people actually use mayonnaise as a stain removal as well.

thank you :)

• Thumbs Up 2