I am considering, hosting a trivia event. I have not yet determined, if it will be strictly Bible trivia, or maybe some other things, but it will be more about the Bible, than other things, for sure.

triviachallenge.gif

I have not figured out all of the details, but I am trying to arrange it, where this will be a live event in the chatroom, for the sake of not only enhancing our knowledge of the Word, but to have some fun just answering questions in the heat of "competition". 

However, I know that it is not convenient enough, that everyone can attend that event, so to encourage broader participation, and make it "fair" to all, the chat event, will not be the place from which, the prize winner will be drawn. Let me rephrase that just a little. It could well be, that a participant in the chat version, turns out to be the winner, but the winner will be determined another way. I cannot tip my hand here, because there is nothing in the hand yet.

Never-the-less, it could be, that those participating in chat would have a small edge, maybe not to win, but to do so more easily. However, anyone could get all of the answers right, without being in chat.

Similarly, those who are doing the daily readings here, will also have it easier, at least in the Bible related questions, since all of the Bible questions, will come from material in our Bible club reading assignments.

Now, just to make it more that fair . . . anyone with access to a Bible, or the internet, will be able to easily research the answers to the questions.

The winner will come from among the  top respondents (in terms of accuracy). In the case of a draw, which is likely if people actually try, then a winner will be chosen - probably by some random means. As I said, this is still in planning at this point. Stay tuned.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

:thumbsup:

In spite of the fact that I have all but forgotten this idea of  trivia event, it is still in the back of my mind to do, and I still have not worked out the details of how I want to try to pull this off. However, it may yet happen, especially since I have reminded myself of it. We'll see!

• Thumbs Up 2

an update!

First, let me say that there is an upcoming trivia event in the chatroom, details here:

There will be no prize for this one, but it should be interesting for those who like such things.

Also, I am working on something that is also a Bible game. It is more complicated, probably not as much fun. However, at the moment, there is a prototype of how it will work. This is to help me sort out functionality, and to help those interested, get used to how it works, without a learning curve later.

This is planned to lead up to another, similar game, but with 10 questions, not 5. The theory is, that the first person who can give the the code generated in that bible quiz (online test) will win a prize, a gift cert to an online Christian Book Store. It is best, that you play the game for fun, not for greed, and the prize just adds to the fun. The hard part, is that everyone has a different time zone, and different times when they are available to do such thing, but I do not know of a way around that.

Perhaps, I will announce the location of that test, at the conclusion of the trivia game announced above in this post, and announce it in the forums at the same time, that way a maximum ammount of people can participate.

Anyway, the preview/prototype of that came, and how to play it, may be viewed here:

http://omegazine.com/onlinebiblequiz/OnlineBibleQuizPractice/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Similar Content

• By Christnme
      Am I the only one who sees the lack of faith in this modern day age?
        All over the world, there is strife, anger and rebellious lewd spirits roaming about. America, our "Great Country" is getting closer and closer to becoming the modern day Sodam and Gomora, full of lust and pride. How have we become so separated from God? 
        When I was a child, nearly everyone was a Christian, not downing other people's beliefs, (even though they are worshipping false gods, and thats for God to judge). But Christ was the driving force behind this country's motives. Now money, power (the abuse of it), lust, are the motives of the people. 
        How do we combat this? By spreading God's Word, His Love, and His Message, even if it is in the most subtle of ways. God is returning to claim his true followers. I am not going to bury the coin, (the gift that God has given me), and wait for His return. I aim to spread His message. In truth and humbleness until boldness is called for.
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      This is indeed, a grand opening! A grand opening of our Bibles.
      The club is here: follow this link
      What we are doing, is starting a new, online club. The goal of the club is to encourage the daily reading of our Bibles, and to have some fellowship, encouragement, and sharing of insights of the common readings we have each day.
      It has a structure, we will be reading from the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Psalms or Proverbs each day. The idea is, that we all can get to know the Bible better, and in doing so, we will hide His word in our hearts. The Scripture has the ability, to help us live up to our potential in Christ, as we surrender ourselves, to the guiding of the Holy Spirit. So come and grow with us.
      I am speaking as to Christians here, but you do not have to be a Christian to participate, all are welcome. This is not Bible study per se, were are coming to read as a discipline, not so much to expound on doctrine or teach. We want to learn from God Himself, but there will be opportunity to learn from, and share with others as well.
      This program will take us one year to get through, but you are under no commitment to remain the whole time, nor participate every day, but we hope you will. If you do just the reading, and no other participation, you will spend on average, about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Most of use can find some way to free up that much time in our busy schedules, after all, this is time to be with God, and He deserves no less.
      Why the Old Testament, New Testament, and Psalms/Proverbs?
      The thinking here is that the Old and New Testaments, compliment each other, they both have their places, and you cannot fully understand one, apart from the other. The Psalms, on the other hand, is more devotional, it teaches us what a heart for God looks like, and none of us should be seeking just head knowledge about God, but  personal relationship with Him. Proverbs is mostly about wisdom, and some of them are even a little fun!
      If any of this sounds like something for you, then come and learn more at the Club itself. It officially begins the readings on November 1st, 2017. Mind you, that it is still brand new and developing, but it is ready to get off the ground now, come join in, and let God have his way in your life over the coming year. If it is well past November of 2017 when you read this, not problem. The club is designed so that you can come in at any time, there is not beginning or end, it is ongoing and is intended to recycle yearly.
    • By Sharky and George
      I think that as Christian's, we too can be "in the spirit" like John in the book of Revelation.
      It is when you have a lot of faith and in this time a lot of God's revelations (things that will happen) come to us.
      The book of Revelation has this title because of this - it was revealed to John how things will be.

A good way to get a lot of faith is to read your bible for a long period of time maybe an hour on an occasion - you cannot do this all the time but you should daily read your bible for shorter periods. Get an enjoyable version that is fun to encourage you to do this (I like the Message and/or the ESV - English Standard Version):

Faith is our link to God so having a link in faith enables Him to reveal things to us through what is like a telephone line that has been setup.
      Read your favourite bible version and pray to God like you are having a conversation with Him whilst you are having a coffee - who knows, you might end up having a chat, coming closer to someone who loves you more than you could ever know and therefore making Him very happy.
      Make sure you use wisdom with your faith though so you can discern away mis-leading spirits that may effect the conversation. This is noise and interference on the telephone line.

Shalom  
    • By Froggy
      What was your walk with God like? Did you have any experience's? Did anything change? Miracles? Testing? Holy spirit?