• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

With this pope thinking and preaching interfaith.   IS their really anything that should surprise us .   The next thing out of his mouth will be

preaching the gospel is like jihad.   Ohhhh,  wait he done said that. 

When I think of that, Revelation 22: 18-19 comes to mind...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

If one is not reciting the prayer in Aramaic God doesn't listen anyway. So what variables one wishes to make in English  is a vain argument don't you think?

Not sure if I'm understanding your point or not with this.....but just in case......the same truth may be said many different ways in many different languages........as long as it IS the truth and isn't changing the meaning of what God originally meant.  But what some of us are objecting to here, is where their new interpretation is changing the meaning of that part of the Lord's prayer.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

It might have been the best day for KENNY when he met pope francis as he so tells those in his groups.

but they all taking from and adding to.  so yeah,  we know where the worship and agreement with this interfaith leads.  

Cause JESUS is the ONLY WAY,  will in time become, HEY HATERS GOD IS LOVE everyone is saved.   MARK those words.   in fact its already began.

and will just get worse.   You do know HOW they teach many of our missions today.   NO NEED TO PREACH JESUS , NO NEED FOR THE GOSPLE

just good works for peace.  AND YEAH, they been doing this for quite some time.   Its just getting worse.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

26 minutes ago, Davida said:

huh? the above ^ this is what you believe? 

False hoods abound by false teachers , so why would we give them one second of our time?

Also,  too bad as a child you were not taught the meaning of the Lord's prayer & were just parroting.

Thank you again. I missed that totally.  Aramaic?  I surly hope Neighbor doesn't actual believe that.

Let me first pick myself up off the floor here.   I do remember something about a tower of Babble and God changing every bodies language around. I think he would be able to understand all languages

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Debts and trespasses means the same.......and Matthew 18 shows us how debts are used as a parable to portray trespasses which need to be forgiven.  But I have to say, temptations does not mean sin and that seems to be what the Pope wants to turn it into, which is incorrect and misleading.....it completely misses the true meaning and understanding of that verse.  As always the self-righteousness of man subtly judges God as being somehow unrighteous.....(in this case subtly accusing God of leading people to sin)  and that is even the basis on which they embrace the interfaith lie.  oh, Jesus didn't really mean that He is the only way......no that must be wrong too and needs to be rewritten.....surely a righteous God would not say that......in other words implying that God is unrighteous.  I honestly wouldnt' be surprised if they rewrite the entire bible to agree with their agenda by the time this is through.....and ban the true bible.  Another dark ages........only this time it will be lit up with a light that is darkness.

You don't know how correct you may very well be.  put the doubt that things need to be corrected in the bible

and it creates a cheer when they redo a WHOLE NEW ONE .   and omit the old as bad.

I bet this NEW ONE will be ALL INCLUSIVE if ya KNOW what I mean.  well all cept JESUS  if you know what I mean.

SISTER I think you see this very clear .

• Thumbs Up 1

Another dark ages........only this time it will be lit up with a light that is darkness

YES SISTER so true   .  and now let us remember JESUS WORDS.    Be careful HOW YOU HEAR

and also IF the Light that is in them BE DARKNESS...........then HOW GREAT that DARKNESS IS.

yeah.  SISTER by grace alone , I think you seeing clearly what is happening and what is nigh to come too.

But the beauty is, that By Grace alone it is that we see and only by HIS grace does any see.   Be blessed and praise the LORD.

God did not reveal grace unto any, due to who we were.  had we been given what we deserved,  oh, I shudder to think of that . cause it was hellfire heated not

seven times but seventy times seven for something as wicked as I.     YEAH,  lets HONOR JESUS in all we do and point to him.  and not men nor this rockstar pope.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

[for me anyway] it seems to me that the Lord Jesus Christ knows exactly what He is saying, and needs not that another speak over Him.  As concerning "lead us not into temptation" God does not do this, rather our Lord is telling us to pray this for our sake, that we will not return to our former person: it is to say such as Lord let not Satan loose upon us; or Lord do not leave us to ourselves: temptations are to be prayed against, so that we keep ourselves away from the deceitfulness of sin; and so that we may keep ourselves in the mind of Christ (every thought to the obedience of Christ).

Moreover, let us remember Job, he was tempted by Satan because God allowed it: for Satan it was a temptation, but for God it was a trial; because we must keep in mind that God is in control of all things, and will allow Satan to do his business only to the extent that God allows, and not one millimeter more: therefore it is a trial of faith, not a temptation to us-ward.

Lastly, Christ teaches us to pray that God the Father would not lead us, that is be the lead for temptation, instead of Satan: an example of God turning from trying our faith into giving us over to temptation is the third and final stage of God giving up on a person (Romans 1:28), namely a reprobate mind; for this is when God turns from trying our faith into giving up on us, which is then become all temptation, and no longer trial, because we have no more faith in this final state of a reprobate mind!

Altogether praying that God would not lead us into temptation is just our daily pleading to God not to turn away from us nor give up on us.

Some may suppose this would apply to unbelievers, but never to us: remember Lots wife!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Amen, thank you for sharing that insight.......preaching falsehood could very well be the reason they are being given over to their deceptions and sins, filling up with plagues in accordance with that word.  It just underscores all the more how important it is that the word of God be preached and taught.......well, truthfully.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

18 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

So the Pope thinks they can improve on something that God personally gave us to reach out to him.  I'm sorry,  well no I'm not. I want to tell this guy off so badly I can't see straight.

https://aleteia.org/blogs/deacon-greg-kandra/lead-us-not-into-translations-pope-thinks-lords-prayer-could-be-improved/

What seems to have happened here was,
a man got himself into such a position of power and authority, and men listen to him,
that he can maybe even change God's word. 

This is how Francis was led into temptation to reprove Jesus.

Paul

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

11 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

The Lord Himself does not tempt anyone........but the devil does.  The Lord does LEAD us into temptation though......trials and testings.......remember it was the Holy Spirit who led Jesus into the desert where He was tempted by the devil.....for the proving of His faith.....in order to overcome.  The Pope is wrong, and it's obvious he does not understand the gospel and the true Christian faith. 

The prayer to lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.......is like Jesus asking the Lord to take this cup from Him (crucifixion) if there be another way to deliver the world from sin.......we may certainly and ought to likewise pray accordingly for our own lives, and also for each other, and the Lord will at times answer  with an affirmative.........though not always.......because sometimes it's a matter of not my will but Thy will be done. 

Sister, thank you for putting into words exactly what was on my heart regarding these things. 

Particularly, how it was the Spirit who led our Lord into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil....God was not the one tempting, but He did lead into/ allow the temptation that the glory of God might be manifest.

Glory to God who has purchased the church with His own blood...

and may His life, may He Himself be more and more manifest in our bodies as these last days progress.

May the will of the Lord be done.

may He cause us to triumph in His praise!

• Praise God! 1