IGNORED

Born again as opposed to born into Christianity.

Justmemyselfandi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Forgive me if I've used the wrong terminology here. I am unsure of that.

I sometimes think that those Christians who come to Christ out of the world have a harder time acclimatizing and catigorizing what it is to be a Christian than those who were born and raised into Christianity. I think there is, at times an underlying need to prove their faith, even to fellow Christians  than those whose foundation in the faith was set by the parents of those who grew up in the faith.

As a result Born again Christian are more anxious and stressed out when dealing with issues of the faith. They may just be harder on some within the community for doing things outside the faith that they, themselves have done and project themselves on the perpetrators out of remorse for their history.

I don't know about some others, but I can get this way at times. It's like I have to prove I'm worthy and I don't know if doing so is a tell tale sign of some serious issue I have with myself or with the Holy Spirit.

Have other people gone through this or am I the fritzbrain in the community?

Edited by Justmemyselfandi
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

All Christians are born again. None are born into Christianity. Many are born  of born again Christians into a church or a churched family,  but all need to receive the call, specific call, from the Holy Spirit and turn about  to God from their sin against Him. None are born free of that need. I suspect that if a family of Christians do not know that  they are not Christian at all, having never experienced the call  from the Holy Spirit and turned about themselves from their own sin against God. And so yes they may be calmer in the faith, but is it saving faith? Are they Christian or just churched?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

[for me anyway] let everyone realize, especially those would determine according to being raised in Christ as somehow having advantage: that as they are Christ's; even so are we also Christ's.

"Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's." (2 Corinthians 10:7)

Likewise the Lord Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that "many first shall be last, and the last first". (Matthew 19:30)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

11 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

It's like I have to prove I'm worthy and I don't know if doing so is a tell tale sign of some serious issue I have with myself or with the Holy Spirit.

Proving one's self is not necessary. Not to fellow Man/Christian or to God.

Let me elaborate....

First off I know many born in to their religion who think as they are taught and act as they are taught but lack the meaning as to why. They can quote you word for word scripture and still not bare Good Fruit. Most don't even realize it. If you try and let them know that they should check themselves, not with you but against the very words they know and speak and say they believe, they will lash out on you because to them you are the outsider, outcast or wolf. 

None of that matters. Your Salvation does not lie with Man's thought of you.

Secondly, God does not need you to prove your worthiness to him. He is not looking for those who do things to prove themselves worthy (works as some put it). He is looking for those who will put away themselves and follow him wholeheartedly. Those who will open and empty themselves and allow God to fill them with his Will. If he called you, you are worthy. You only need now to allow him to do his "Work" in/through you.

Continue to build that relationship with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, that is most important.

• This is Worthy 1

If one is not born again, one cannot enter the Kingdom of GOD, whether our parent(s) were Christian or not and whether we were taught about Salvation by them or learned of Him independent of our parents. Aside from that correction, I think that your hypothesis about learned Christians having a harder time with their Christianity than those taught is correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

You will know you are born again of the spirit when find yourself in your prayer closet to pray in private. Not just now and then but every day. God is spirit and desires such to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Everyone who is truly Born Again is born into an interment relation with his Lord.

3 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.    . Jn 4:23-25

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

Forgive me if I've used the wrong terminology here. I am unsure of that.

I sometimes think that those Christians who come to Christ out of the world have a harder time acclimatizing and catigorizing what it is to be a Christian than those who were born and raised into Christianity. I think there is, at times an underlying need to prove their faith, even to fellow Christians  than those whose foundation in the faith was set by the parents of those who grew up in the faith.

As a result Born again Christian are more anxious and stressed out when dealing with issues of the faith. They may just be harder on some within the community for doing things outside the faith that they, themselves have done and project themselves on the perpetrators out of remorse for their history.

I don't know about some others, but I can get this way at times. It's like I have to prove I'm worthy and I don't know if doing so is a tell tale sign of some serious issue I have with myself or with the Holy Spirit.

Have other people gone through this or am I the fritzbrain in the community?

Its simple.    God showed me long back exactly what I was worthy of,  so no need for me to try and live the old life and prove it all over again.

Oh .    Let me explain.   I am worthy of nothing but this.   hellfire heated seven times seventy.     that is what I earned.

Did God save me because I was worthy .    Worthy of what , ONLY DEATH .

Prove your worthy.   who are we going to prove we worthy too .   If its unto men,  we doomed , why look for their praise .

IF we trying to prove we are worthy of GODS love , its futile . we never were.   We should WALK WORTHY of HIM.   But that comes BY HIS SPIRIT SHOWING US HOW .

and we should do all to fight against the wicked flesh .  IF we have HIS SPIRIT in us, then we would aready have those unctions .

Here let me prove what I am worthy of , without Christ .    What was I , before Grace appeared and drew me to Christ and changed my heart.

OH yeah  more wicked than lots of you all COMBINDED.   what would I be IF the SPIRIT departed from me,     OH YEAH just like I once was following the flesh.

But , WE BEDDA obey the SPIRIT .   for many KNOW not that hearts DO become hard through the deceitfulness of sin.    And we are HIS servants to whom we OBEY  .  PEROID.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

28 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

You will know you are born again of the spirit when find yourself in your prayer closet to pray in private. Not just now and then but every day. God is spirit and desires such to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Everyone who is truly Born Again is born into an interment relation with his Lord.

3 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.    . Jn 4:23-25

I have a question for you Mike.  HOW do WE KNOW its GOD we truly LOVE.

Very simple answer .   but HOW do you personally KNOW its CHRIST you truly LOVE.   and their is only one answer .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I have a question for you Mike.  HOW do WE KNOW its GOD we truly LOVE.

Very simple answer .   but HOW do you personally KNOW its CHRIST you truly LOVE.   and their is only one answer .

Because He is everything to me.   Is He everything to you? I pray He is.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

This is a really good question. It is a question of the mind, nonetheless, so should be a little bit suspect. Nevertheless, it happens more often than any of us would like to admit.

It is this constant comparison that the church largely falls down on. Rather that kick out the ones that are not acting in a christian fashion, the church is consumed with numbers and so tends to embrace even people with terrible lifestyles. They smoke screen this by shunning other assemblies that have a different doctrine, thus they feel warm and fuzzy and justified.

They think they are forgiving, but all they do is water down their own faith and assembly.

So a new Christian comes along. He or she is fresh out of the world and sees that the church is somehow 'in bed' with sinners and the lifestyle they left behind. This is a dichotomy, because it makes one rethink too much. The new guy, who is not part of the 'in crowd' feels a bit odd. Especially when he or she sees things going on that should not be happening in the church. If this goes on it becomes a major disconnect and then the ones that really WANT to live a Godly life, feel they have to prove themselves.

Perhaps then ones faith in their own faith might come into question. It is a very difficult thing to really counter. It is all around us.

• Thumbs Up 1