creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

I got this question via whatsapp and decided to express it visually. Who do you think is correct?

This let to some serious talk on both sides of the debate

insem.png

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

When i first read the title i was thinking oh dear is SOPHIA having a baby computer.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The lady did not choose God's will for her life. She went ahead and got pregnant without a husband because that is what she wanted. She wasn't thinking that the baby will not have a father. She may not have had sexual intercourse but where was her heart when she made this choice? I don't think she should teach Sunday School. It would be best to get someone who is genuinely following Christ to teach.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Where is it in the Bible that says women can teach Sunday school anyway? For that manner, where does the Bible even mention Sunday school period?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Your cartoons always seem geared to dumping actual morals in the toilet and going with a more world-friendly version of Christian Lite.  Biblically-speaking, there is no debate.  The teacher's actions in this case are wrong because they go outside God's design for the creation of a child.  There is no father in the scenario.  It is not even a difficult stretch to know that artificial insemination from some anonymous donor is wrong, biblically-speaking.

but where is the verse to back that up. I'm not saying u right or wrong but often  people  i find our their persnoal opinion with no scriptural backing and act like it's the bible they're quoting 

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Where is it in the Bible that says women can teach Sunday school anyway? For that manner, where does the Bible even mention Sunday school period?

personally  i wondered any of woman can't reach why do we let them teach Sunday school. not that I'm against it because especially  dealing with young ladies , a woman may be a bettercteacihng choice. 

with regards to Sunday school. there's no verse forbidding it, and we all can see the utility of it. so there's nothing wrong with it. 

you'd be surprised how much things churches do that's not in the bible

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

There is nothing wrong with a woman teaching Sunday school, but she cannot teach men and she cannot Pastor a church.  You may not like it, but yeah, that's in the Bible.  Try again.

Actually i dont have a problem with ot. I myself got saved in a sunday school clss by a female sunday school teacher. Im wondering if we're disobeying Gods command. but now u explain that she cant teach men, i understand

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That's an easy out.  That's like saying "show me a verse that says smoking crack is wrong."  We don't need a verse for every single issue addressing that issue directly to know if something is inherently wrong or not. 

This is not even a remotely difficult concept, biblically speaking.  I see no problem at all with a woman being artificially inseminated if she is married and her husband is the donor if they are having problems conceiving.  But  a single woman cannot go to some bank and have it done by an anonymous donor to get pregnant.  The end result is exactly the same as if she were actually fornicating and to compound the sin the child will have no father.  As I said before, your strip seems to always want to water moral issues down to some murky grey area when most moral issues like this have very clear and easily discernible black and white borders.

actually im not watering downv anything. i just wanted opinions. often i see people put their biblical opinions on par with  actual scripture  and act like going against them is sinning.

Personally, i think while i cant say its a sin cause i cant get a verse to base it on and would only be using my opinion, that doing this would be ill advised and could only result in bad. Like Sarah and Hagar. While i can relate to the lady's frustration, trying to  help God do what we think He should do is usually a disaster.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The teaching of God's word starts at home. It is up to the parents to teach their children God's truth. Sunday School is only supplemental to what is taught at home.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Not sure exactly what you're getting at. My wife, and  daughter both teach the bible. At church, on Sunday and other days, to girls/women. Are you saying this is not scriptural? What does the day of teaching matter to God? Women are more suited to teach women just as men teach men. (We can talk frank, man to man etc.) The pastor (a man) teaches all in the congregation. At home, I have been taught by my wife, daughter, and other women upon subjects in scripture that they knew well,and I was not aware of or weak on. I do not listen to any woman preacher. But I will receive any scriptural wisdom from most any source available. I have learned lessons from my grand kids....

• Loved it! 1