• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The teaching of God's word starts at home. It is up to the parents to teach their children God's truth. Sunday School is only supplemental to what is taught at home.

True but dont forget some kids at Sunday school aren't from Christian homes. so church and Sunday school are the only  exposure they get

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

Yahweh is kinder to ladies than a lot of people. Look at Rahab. Look at the lady taken in adultery - Jesus said, neither do I condemn you. BUT, when it comes to men then He is very stern - the man in the OT that let his seed fall on the ground rather than father a child by his dead brother's wife (as is law). He was cursed by God.

I certainly would not advise this AI in these circumstances, but some ladies do this in order to survive and be a mother. Far, far better than abortion! So many girls get pregnant in our society ON PURPOSE so they can have benefits and a hope of a 'normal life', in their eyes. Why? because so many men are just not up to the task and cannot provide.

And before the church gets all high and holy, their members have the same statistical evidence of the failings of the society around them. Adultery, unmarried moms, divorce, court cases - you name it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The teaching of God's word starts at home. It is up to the parents to teach their children God's truth. Sunday School is only supplemental to what is taught at home.

Make for a good song title wouldn't it? Let's see; teach, children, good, no well, yes  Teach Your Children Well.  What do you think? Maybe in a folk rock style of music?

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

23 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I got this question via whatsapp and decided to express it visually. Who do you think is correct?

This let to some serious talk on both sides of the debate

insem.png

Man, Mech you worry about a lot of stuff! And none of it seems to pertain to much of anything I ever run into in the real world of the Christian community that I have had the extreme pleasure and privilege of sharing and living in for some 40 years now. And praise God for that  I guess.  

Can't say I could even begin to worry about  that as an "issue". Here we are raising funds to help our brothers and sisters adopt children. We don't much worry about where they came from,  nor how they got here, we just want to help them going forward, and do the same for their parent(s), guardian, and family. God is blessing the local body of Christ here.

Children  of anyone are not a problem, not a bit of one, not here. Bless the mom, bless the dad, bless tiny Tim. May it never be said we condemned a one of them when we could instead be working to help each of them, and in so doing help also ourselves in knowing more about our Lord and savior Jesus, all while praising God the Father, in Jesus name while  being comforted by the Holy Spirit as we go through all our trials and tears, and finding joy in each other's company.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

I like your cartoons Creative. Keep them coming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

True but dont forget some kids at Sunday school aren't from Christian homes. so church and Sunday school are the only  exposure they get

I went to Sunday School when I was very young with a couple of friends I went to school with. I must have been in first grade. I was invited. It was my first exposure to God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Davida said:

I notice it seems many times the ones in your cartoons, who represent or uphold biblical principles are portrayed harshly as angry and yelling - not too obvious a bias there, whereas the ones going against Christian principles are often written in a sympathetic light as victims. I don't think that it is typical.   My view of this situation, is that the Bible tells us Christians are to ask God for what they need and He will be our supply and not seeking to fulfill that for ourselves. Christians  also are Biblically told to pray asking that we receive guidance from the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, & waiting for it and confirming it scripturally,  and not just doing whatever we carnally want. Seems to me she should have sought God's will before & been counselled to be asking the Lord if it is His Will for her to be married that HE would bring her future husband to her. In the present circumstances with her rash actions -no I don't think it is appropriate that she should teach children or other women because any teachers are to be mature minded, of good report & submitted to God etc.  not just doing their own thing because they "need" it. ( waaaah..waaaah, stomp, stomp) :) Going out on our own against God's will is always a mistake.

really. never noticed that . i mean that the ones taking the biblical standards to be angry. will check next time

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

14 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Not sure exactly what you're getting at. My wife, and  daughter both teach the bible. At church, on Sunday and other days, to girls/women. Are you saying this is not scriptural? What does the day of teaching matter to God? Women are more suited to teach women just as men teach men. (We can talk frank, man to man etc.) The pastor (a man) teaches all in the congregation. At home, I have been taught by my wife, daughter, and other women upon subjects in scripture that they knew well,and I was not aware of or weak on. I do not listen to any woman preacher. But I will receive any scriptural wisdom from most any source available. I have learned lessons from my grand kids....

well, what do you think? What does the Bible say about it? 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:
23 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Not sure exactly what you're getting at. My wife, and  daughter both teach the bible. At church, on Sunday and other days, to girls/women. Are you saying this is not scriptural? What does the day of teaching matter to God? Women are more suited to teach women just as men teach men. (We can talk frank, man to man etc.) The pastor (a man) teaches all in the congregation. At home, I have been taught by my wife, daughter, and other women upon subjects in scripture that they knew well,and I was not aware of or weak on. I do not listen to any woman preacher. But I will receive any scriptural wisdom from most any source available. I have learned lessons from my grand kids....

well, what do you think? What does the Bible say about it? 

Question answered with a question?  If you have some relevant  scripture that I have not seen or I have misinterpreted, would you be kind enough to supply them for my learning. That's why I joined this forum. To learn. You said earlier "Where is it in the Bible that says women can teach Sunday school anyway?  For that manner, where does the Bible even mention Sunday school period? "
Again, I ask. Are women forbidden to teach women? Please show me the relevant scripture. Does the bible forbid teaching a bible study at a church? Relevant scripture would be appreciated. 
By the way, Patriot. There are a bazillion good things a believer can do today to the glory of God, NOT mentioned in the bible. This forum is one. And regarding women teaching, would you like me to ask my wife how many of those she has taught over the last couple of decades she has led to a decision to ask God for salvation?  

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Question answered with a question?  If you have some relevant  scripture that I have not seen or I have misinterpreted, would you be kind enough to supply them for my learning. That's why I joined this forum. To learn. You said earlier "Where is it in the Bible that says women can teach Sunday school anyway?  For that manner, where does the Bible even mention Sunday school period? "
Again, I ask. Are women forbidden to teach women? Please show me the relevant scripture. Does the bible forbid teaching a bible study at a church? Relevant scripture would be appreciated. 
By the way, Patriot. There are a bazillion good things a believer can do today to the glory of God, NOT mentioned in the bible. This forum is one. And regarding women teaching, would you like me to ask my wife how many of those she has taught over the last couple of decades she has led to a decision to ask God for salvation?  

not at all, my only intent with that question, was really to stir the pot and open up a discussion about what the Bible actually says about who can and cannot teach, and why.  To often, believers just fall into just accepting church traditions-such as sunday school, and who can and cannot teach it, without actually knowing why, they just know thats how its always been done, so it "must be biblical, right?" when it may or may not be. Same rule applies for artificial insimination-people need to sit down and actually discuss whether its biblical or not, based upon what the Bible says, and not upon what church tradition has to say.

FYI I actually have no issue with sunday school, or women leading certain sunday school classes (got no problem with them teaching other women or children. only place i draw the line is women teaching men) The purpose of my post was to get people to discuss, not necessarily to suggest sunday school or women sunday school teachers was bad. Not all church traditions are bad. Just wanted to get people thinking, and discussing is all. :)