IGNORED

Moore Accuser Admits to Adding to the Yearbook Entry

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Roy Moore accuser admits she wrote part of yearbook inscription attributed to Alabama Senate candidate

One of the women who accused Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore of making advances on her when she was a teen and he a local prosecutor admitted Friday to writing part of the yearbook inscription she offered as proof, a new crack in her story that gives Moore an opening to attack her credibility.

Beverly Young Nelson admitted to ABC News that she added “notes” beneath what she says is Roy Moore’s signature in her high school yearbook – an inscription that she and famed attorney Gloria Allred presented as proof the then-30-something Moore sought an inappropriate relationship with her in the late 1970s. The “notes” below the signature appear to be the handwritten date and location. Nelson still insisted that Moore wrote most of the message.

“Beverly, he did sign your yearbook?" ABC’s Tom Llamas asked her.

“He did sign it,” she said.

“And you made some notes underneath?” Llamas asked.

“Yes,” she replied.

While Nelson did not specify exactly what she added to the inscription, the text beneath Moore's signature reads: "12-22-77 Olde Hickory House.”

During her original press conference with Allred in November, in which she made her original accusation, Nelson read aloud and attributed the entire inscription to Moore, including the date and location.

"He wrote in my yearbook as follows: 'To a sweeter more beautiful girl, I could not say Merry Christmas, Christmas, 1977, Love, Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House. Roy Moore, DA,'" she said.

At the time, Nelson did not admit to writing the date and name of the restaurant herself. The implication was that it had been written by Moore. 

Moore tweeted Friday, "Now she herself admits to lying."

Moore has denied signing the yearbook and said he did not know Nelson at the time. Moore, who went on to become a judge and then the chief justice of the Alabama State Supreme Court, later ruled against Nelson in a 1999 divorce case.

The Moore campaign has questioned the authenticity of the inscription since the claim surfaced last month. 

During a press conference in Atlanta on Friday, Nelson and Allred stood by their claim that Moore himself inscribed a message in the yearbook. But Allred acknowledged the last part, including the date and location, was written by Nelson.

“Beverly indicates she added that to remind herself of who Roy Moore was and where and when Mr. Moore signed her yearbook,” Allred said.

Allred said a handwriting expert named Arthur T. Anthony determined that the signature is Moore’s and released a report of his findings.

“I want everyone to know that I stand by my previous statement that Roy Moore sexually assaulted me,” Nelson said.

Last month, the Moore campaign demanded that a handwriting expert be allowed to review the yearbook.

“Release the yearbook so that we can determine is it genuine, or is it a fraud,” attorney Phillip L. Jauregui said.

Moore, 70, is running against Doug Jones in a bruising special election to fill the Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions, who President Trump named attorney general, and then held on an interim basis by Luther Strange. The election is Tuesday.

The Nelson accusation had bolstered claims by other women that Moore sought relationships with teenage girls in the late 1970s. Leigh Corfman claims Moore molested her when she was 14. Another woman claims Moore groped her in his office in 1991.

An update to this story reflects that Beverly Young Nelson admits writing what ABC News characterized as “notes” beneath what she says is Roy Moore’s signature, and that the only notes below the signature are the date and location. Furthermore, the headline on story now specifies that Nelson admits to writing part of the inscription herself, rather than forging part of it. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.html

Guest shiloh357

It's no wonder that she refused to give the yearbook up to an independent handwriting analyst.   She knew what she had done.  Just shows how her story is starting to unravel and her lack of credibility.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This pretty much negates anything else she says.  Who adds to the things written in their yearbook? Why wouold you add a date and a location?  Anyone here ever do that?  Even if she's telling the truth it makes her look like a liar.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

This pretty much negates anything else she says.  Who adds to the things written in their yearbook? Why wouold you add a date and a location?  Anyone here ever do that?  Even if she's telling the truth it makes her look like a liar.

Actually a lot of people do if their yearbook is being signed by someone outside their normal circle.   I have two such annotations in the yearbook from my senior year.   We had two famous, world class runners that worked a camp in between cross country and track season that I was a part of and I had them both sign my yearbook and after they were done I added the date, the camp name and the location so that I would always remember when it happened. 

The accuser never made the claim they were his words, by the way

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Actually a lot of people do if their yearbook is being signed by someone outside their normal circle.   I have two such annotations in the yearbook from my senior year.   We had two famous, world class runners that worked a camp in between cross country and track season that I was a part of and I had them both sign my yearbook and after they were done I added the date, the camp name and the location so that I would always remember when it happened. 

The problem is that they did not present the yearbook entry that way.  And if that were the case, they would not have had any problem making that clarification when they presented it initially and then turning it over to an independent hand writing analysis.

And the other problem is the "D.A."  next to his "signature" in the yearbook is the same notation made on all of his official signatures on court documents.   The D.A.  stood for the name of his assistant that stamped his name on those documents and then added her initials. It is highly unlikely that he would have signed his name and then add those two letters next to his name in a yearbook.

15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

She has just confessed to being a liar.  There is no reason to believe anything she says, and this shows why nobody should just accept accusations as proof.  

12 hours ago, Running Gator said:

The accuser wanted it to appear that everything written was by Roy Moore.  She could have said up front she added to it, but waits till now.  Why would she do that?  Because there have been calls for a close examination of the year book, and she wouldn't allow it.  That shows she is dishonest.  

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Butero said:

The accuser wanted it to appear that everything written was by Roy Moore.  She could have said up front she added to it, but waits till now.  Why would she do that?  Because there have been calls for a close examination of the year book, and she wouldn't allow it.  That shows she is dishonest.  

Exactly and the signature is from his stamp when he was a circuit county judge, which means that signature, complete with the D.A. initials were somehow lifted and superimposed on that yearbook page. 

The handwriting analyst would have tested the signature's ink as well as the notes that followed and jig was up. 

I think that woman really made a fool out of Gloria Allred, and Allred is already a quack.

Edited by shiloh357

7 hours ago, Butero said:

She has just confessed to being a liar.  There is no reason to believe anything she says, and this shows why nobody should just accept accusations as proof.  

It's just TOO convenient that the location written is where she said Moore attacked her.  May she is telling the truth but this simply makes her LOOK like a liar.  Accusations are just that until proven in a court of law.  I still want to see the accusers asked to take polygraphs and see how many disappear.  Those being truthful would be glad to do it.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Exactly and the signature is from his stamp when he was a circuit county judge, which means that signature, complete with the D.A. initials were somehow lifted and superimposed on that yearbook page. 

The handwriting analyst would have tested the signature's ink as well as the notes that followed and jig was up. 

I think that woman really made a fool out of Gloria Allred, and Allred is already a quack.

If the timeline is wrong it blows everything she said out of the water.  And regardless of what the left says, no one adds dates and locations to their yearbook....at least no one I've ever known.    It doesn't make sense.