IGNORED

What exactly are the Seventh Day Adventists?

Justmemyselfandi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I've heard some people here really come down on these people and I remember that the Secretary of Hud is one of them. I remember he said something  during the primaries about he thought that the pyramids were used to store grain, which is rather off, but I didn't attribute that to religion, so I didn't make any connection there.

What do they do or think that's got people against them, here?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Legalism / false prophesies. Not against them per se but their teachings.

Here lets give the ACCURATE definition of legalism, versus many false pastors version.

a false pastor will try and make us think we if teach ALL that JESUS said and say that we do these things THAT is being legalistic.  WRONG they lie and know not Christ .

The true definition of legalism.  WOULD be DOING righteous acts , THINKING THIS EARNS US RIGHTEOUSNESS.  

IF preaching JESUS and all that HE SAID TO DO,  is legalistic.  THEN they are calling those who sat under Christ , the apostles LEGALISTIC

for their constant reminders .   Do NOT even ONCE do these evil things.   LET all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity.

Above all things SWEAR not my brethren.   JAMES to the church.  JESUS to james years earlier.

In the mouth of two or three witness shall every word be established  .  PAUL to the corinithians second letter.  JESUS said it first .

SEE , they KEPT ALL his sayings and taught TO DO SO.   that is not legalism , ITS LIFE and its LIFE ABUNDANT>

HE who loves me keeps my commandments.  and HAPPY is the one who does .  HE who hates me KEEPS NOT MY SAYINGS.

I teach no legalism.   many DO .  but not I .    of course you never said I did.   But don't let it even enter your mind.  we cannot earn righteousness

BUT JESUS SHOWS US HOW TO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY .   and sin aint righteously .   be blessed yowm.   and do praise the LORD.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

I've heard some people here really come down on these people and I remember that the Secretary of Hud is one of them. I remember he said something  during the primaries about he thought that the pyramids were used to store grain, which is rather off, but I didn't attribute that to religion, so I didn't make any connection there.

What do they do or think that's got people against them, here?

They preach the Sabbath and it crucified and those who eat meat or etc,   have no life in them. 

A true Christian preaches CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED

and many other false ones preach Christ and the WORLD.  which , well its really the worldy lusts and cares and pleasures in life and not Christ .

I think what many have forgotten is what the picking up of the cross MEANS.   What being CRUCIFIED in CHRIST really means.

THE FLESH is CRUCIFIED , dead , keep it dead , live not in sin .  LIVE By CHRIST who teaches us to walk RIGHTEOUSLY and not in sin.  many have long forgot that

and thinks its being legalistic to preach KEEP JESUS sayings.   I fear all out fear for them.  

I think a real good question should be this.  HOW , with all these different cults or etc , with all these different teachings and spirits

HOW can and does one truly KNOW its CHRIST they LOVE and FOLLOW or if they too are just deceived.

I mean we know not all them groups are correct.  HOW do we KNOW we are .   OH its real easy.  real easy.  and since we know many false prophets

and teachers are abounding and that JESUS number one warning was BE NOT DECIEVED,   WE BETTER KNOW we truly FOLLOW the lamb.

SO.  HOW do we know its the HOLY SPIRIT , CHRIST we truly LOVE and FOLLOW.

HE WHO LOVES ME , KEEPS MY SAYINGS , HE WHO LOVES ME NOT , KEEPS THEM NOT .  ITS HIS SAYINGS n that bible that ARE KEY to what we love .  always will be.

IF a man loves me , he will keep my sayings and me and my father will make our abode with him.    He who hates me keeps not my sayings.

And JESUS had many , many sayings , DIDNT HE.

And now one of his last sayings while on earth.  GO ye into all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son and Holy ghost

T   E   A   C    H    I     N      G      Them to observe ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL things which I have commanded.   OH YEAH the churches today are duped.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

I've only known two SDAs up close and personal.  One was my grandmother.  She was definitely a Christian and lived a life worthy of the calling of Christ.   The other was a strong Ellen White type I knew in college for a year.  He was a decent guy and a Christian as far as I could tell.  He was definitely a die hard SDA law keeping type though.

I've also known a few other SDAs via internet forums, became FB friends with one,  and they never seemed much out of the mainstream of Christians that I could tell.

My sense of things is that there are some SDAs that are very cultish (strong Ellen White followers) and others that are basically Christians with a few out of the mainstream views.  I think people's experience with them depends on which type they run into.  My sense is that there are definitely those among them that are Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I see legalism as making up rules that aren't prescribed in Scripture like no card playing, tobacco chewin, meat eating and keeping a Sabbath as mandatory for salvation.

Well. JESUS made plain that it aint what goes in a man that defiles a man.  SO if they preaching no eating meats or else.  YEAH,  they cant condemn those

who do eat meat , or see all days alike,  and we cant judge those of the weak faith.  BUT if any is teaching these are mandatory for salvation.  THAT is where we got major

problems.    JESUS is our salvation and thus its HIS sayings we keep  .  not mens extras.   if they choose to worship by not eating meat or etc, THEN GOOD

but they cant condmen others who do.  AND THIS IS WHAT THEY DO . they condmen US for not holding days , meats and drinks as they do.

and if you notice, you barley hear any CHRIST or ALL his teachings from them. ITS MEATS DAYS DRINKS , NAMES or etc.  That is a very dangerous place to be.

very.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see legalism as making up rules that aren't prescribed in Scripture like no card playing, tobacco chewin, meat eating and keeping a Sabbath as mandatory for salvation.

That sounds like what I call politically correct Christianity. It is the idea that they need to keep to a standard so constrictive that they actually give the media ammo to shoot back at us, by claiming that all Christians are like this.

I have a cousin that is a control freak that pulls all the joy out of life because he is so worried that someone from church will think negatively about him for things that others do, that aren't worldly, as my mom used to say.

She is trapped in the JW and I think the next time I see her will be at her passing. I'm disfellowshipped from there because I don't believe what they believe.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

They go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday and believe that in doing so, that they are keeping the Mosaic Sabbath despite the fact that they actually are not.

They derive their doctrine from a so-called prophetess named Ellen G. White who is a proven false prophet and didn't even keep the same dietary laws that she prescribed for her own church.  Seventh-Day Adventists hold her writings in as a high a regard as they hold the Bible.

Seventh Day Adventists believe that salvation is tied to the Sabbath issue.  They don't like for that portion of their doctrine to seep out beyond their own church walls, but it's still what they believe, and pretty clear in the way they approach Christians who do not share their views on the Sabbath.

They believe their's is a "Restored" church, (like Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses) and that theirs is the only one true church.  Everyone outside of it, therefore, is not saved.

You obviously have a false sense of the Bible....the seventh day Sabbath comes from Genesis 2, when God created the seventh day of creation week as a restday, He blessed the day and sanctified it...it is the only Holy day in the Bible..yet you do not want to keep it...says a lot about the credibility of your spiritual walk....God made it the fourth commandment of the ten commandments Exodus 20.....you erroneously say it is a "mosaic" sabbath....wrong again....the law of Moses has annual sabbaths which were eliminated in ACTs 15....the seventh day Sabbbath is God's law which God Himself wrote. 

The "doctrine" comes directly from the Bible, not any individaul...you should know that by now. As the Holy seventh day Sabbath is part of the ten commandments, to break any one of these is to break them all..James 2....1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law (the ten commandments)...Do you think people breaking God's law will enter the kingdom of Heaven?

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are NON Biblical and of pagan origins.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Yowm said:

Did you want to remain in fellowship with the JWs?

That's a big no for me. I can't remember any of their teaching, but something just did jive. I think God came knocking on my door and set the instances in motion that ultimatly lead to my big exit from JW's and my life as I knew it.

Edited by Justmemyselfandi
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

You obviously have a false sense of the Bible....the seventh day Sabbath comes from Genesis 2, when God created the seventh day of creation week as a restday, He blessed the day and sanctified it...it is the only Holy day in the Bible..yet you do not want to keep it...says a lot about the credibility of your spiritual walk....God made it the fourth commandment of the ten commandments Exodus 20.....you erroneously say it is a "mosaic" sabbath....wrong again....the law of Moses has annual sabbaths which were eliminated in ACTs 15....the seventh day Sabbbath is God's law which God Himself wrote. 

You draw a false dichotomy between "God's Law" and the Mosaic Law.  God commanded all 613 commandments in the Torah.   He didn't merely make 10 commandments.   The remaining 603 are still God's commands as evidenced by the fact that they are always prefaced with "And the Lord said..."

Nothing was eliminated in Acts 15.   The council at Acts 15 were discussing the issue raised by Judaizers that said that the Gentiles had to be circumcised according to the law.    The circumcision issue had to do with conversion to the Jewish religion because it is the final thing a Gentile male does in an effort to convert to the Jewish religion.

The four requirements in Acts 15 were not an abrogation of the law at any point.  They were the four bare essentials required for a Gentile to enjoy table fellowship with the Jews.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I have some friends that are SDA's as well. Now I do know that an SDA can be a Christian but how they can be a Christian and accept some of the teachings and doctrines is beyond my comprehension. The one I really have a hard time with is the fact that SDA's teach that our sins were placed on Satan not on Christ which is a clear contradiction to scripture. I Peter 2:24 teaches this doctrine, ""He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." He is referring to Christ not Satan. There is no where in scripture that teaches that our sin was placed upon Satan. 

The above doctrine as well as others mentioned make me question the salvation of any SDA because I don't think they clearly understand what salvation really is. 

And then there is, of course, the teachings that following the Law is required for salvation and also the prophecies that never came true. Personally I think Ellen G. White was a bit unstable mentally yet as with any cult, false religion or whatever, their followers will follow man's teaching over God's Word. 

• Thumbs Up 1